EV Webstory

Den'Zar was rudely awakened by his cheif lieutenant. "What is it?" he asked.

"Sir, one of our informants reported that a massive Confederate fleet is heading towards New Antigua even as we speak."

"Do we have any chance of defeating it?" Carnotaur asked, getting up.

"No, sir. It's far too powerful," the lieutenant responded as calmly as he could.

Den'Zar nodded. "Send a message to the Rebels. Tell them of our situation, and that we desperately need help immediately." Suddenly, he got an idea. "What about those three fleets the Rebels mobilized to take out Polaris?"

"As far as I know they're still in Clotho," the lieutenant responded. "Why?"

"I think they can be diverted for the moment. Stardust did give me partial control of them to order to attack whenever he wanted?" Den'Zar replied, grinning. "In the meantime, call up more ships. We need to strengthen our defenses as much as possible before the Confeds arrive. Also, what about the Devil Ray?"

"It's been completed, sir, but we can't get any of them here; they have no hyperdrives."

"Why not simply build them here?"

The lieutenant shrugged.

-------------------------

(Message to Stardust)
(Encrypted)
(We desperately require major reinforcements. A massive Confederate fleet is heading towards us even as we speak. If you could send the three fleets you wanted to use to attack Polaris, we should be able to defeat it.)
(End Message)

----------------

Fleet Stats

New Antigua Defense Fleet
1 Modified Kestrel (flagship)
7 Kestrels
2 Argosy's
8 Corvettes
10 Rapiers

1st Fleet - Yemuro
1 Modified Dragon (flagship, the Nemesis II)
8 Dragons
2 Kestrel Cs
1 Firebird
18 Tigersharks
30 Shrikes
10 Devil Ray Fighter-Bombers

Mining Fleet
10 Light Frieghters

Trade with Independent Worlds: +12M
New Vessels: -26M
Mining Operation: +15M
Devil Ray Research: -1M
Current Credits: 4M

------------------
If at first you don't succeed...Hit it harder! - Me
--------------
Millennium. Its coming, prepare for it.
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

With construction complete on his base the Nebulon Tricksters are now up and running. DeadBeat hands over a map that shows the locations of the interstellar artillery he's placing on the planet. "I want one every square mile." DeadBeat tells the construction manager. "Sir that will cost 10 million." He replies back. In space DeadBeat's crew are releasing more artillery to counter attack a large-scale attack via space with a cost of 10 million.

-------------------
Ship: Jolly Roger
Income: 500 thousand a round
Bank: 32.5 million
Fleet: 2 Kestrels
5 Corvettes
7 Argoseys
16 Lightnings

------------------
If I lived in paradise I'd take a vacation to hell to cure my depression.
-DeadBeat
(url="http://"http://www.evula.org/deadbeat/") Requiem for the Insane(/url)

NGC-1776

The food was all gone.

It has seemed such a noble experiment- rebel against the Confederate order! Fight the power! Liberty, Equality, fraternity!

But now all the food was gone.

The bulk freighters, once stuffed with the grain of New Providence, were now nearly empty. The Cydonians, allies in name only, would not be any help.

Now was the time to act...
Or the time to die.

Liberty Starport was abandoned in space. The remaining members of the Antares Pact who hadn't deserted and headed north had assembled into a fleet, now worn at the edges and ridiculously small for the times, but still impressive.

Then they headed south.

South, away from the Confederates, Rebels, Jadzians, Pirates, and countless others that had formed from the chaos. South, away from civil war, genocide, arms races, fear, famine, fire.

They went south, where no ships had gone since the Great War. Liberty Station had blocked off the entrance, a tool of the Confederates to prevent the galaxy from growing to large, a galactic sphincter to regulate what left and what didn't.

Now Liberty station was behind them, their fuel tanks were full but their stomachs empty, with their maps showing a long-abandoned hyperspatial route to god only knew where but as good as a golden-paved road to the promised land for the surviving members of the Antares Pact.

They went South, to see if the legends were true. they went south to dance across the nebulae, to shake E.T's hand, to find a new life.

They went south because south was the only way out.

------------------
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE!
(Lies are in your head.)
------------------
Ia! Ia! (url="http://"http://www.evula.com")EVula(/url) fthagn! | (url="http://"http://users.adelphia.net/~cyberger/Ben/")Mostly-functional link(/url)

(Message to Deadbeat)
(Encrypted)
(I have been monitoring your progress, and am wondering if you would be against an alliance between us. From what I remember you previously had a deal with the Rebels, and now I am wondering if you would be willing to help them, and myself, again.)
(End Message)

------------------
--------------
Coming to the (url="http://"http://www.ambrosiaSW.com/games/ev/chronicles.html")EV Chronicles(/url).

New Bavaria
Rebuilding is underway. Workers rebuilding That which was destroyed and families morning their dead children.
------
Zebetrious
Most of the bulk freighters now useless, only 35M worth of metels and rock now come in.
------
Pelegon
Not much damage was done here, so things go on as usual.
------
Topaz
The fleet moves in for head to head combat and finishes off the last 9 Cruisers. (sorry but it's been 3 days)
------
Levo
The 50 Warbirds and 60 Destroyers set out and follow the Confederate fleet.

income: 2.5Mcr/post
outside income:
Trade with Nemesis;400Gcr./post
Mining in Zebetrious; 35M worth of metel+rock
Treasury: 4.25Mcr
///////////////
Notes: 5Warbirds added to Defence of Jadzia. Carno, i dont suppose you could give me more exact numbers of my losses? I'm trying to keep track of my shipcount on my computer.
Time to complete reconstruction of New Bavaria; 5 posts at cost of 10M(metel+rock)
Cloaking Device: 3 posts

------------------
Insanity has its advantages

Worried about Rebel involvement in the attack on New Antigua, Beeblebrox senda 10 more Cruisers to Maxwell's Purchase, where the rest of the fleet is.
They then jump off to Spica.

------------------
Vote 1 for Zaphod Beeblebrox- The only presidential candidate with two heads, three arms and a personality as nice as your Mum

Originally posted by Captain Carnotaur:
(Message to Stardust)
(Encrypted)
(We desperately require major reinforcements. A massive Confederate fleet is heading towards us even as we speak. If you could send the three fleets you wanted to use to attack Polaris, we should be able to defeat it.)
(End Message)

(To Den'Zar)
(No i will not. You have been linked to terrorist attacks and we dont help the likes of you. Please discontinue any communication with me. I am also voiding your ability to buy Nukes.)
(END)

(To: Beblebrox)
(Encrypted)
(I know we have diffrences, but we need to get rid of Den'Zar and all mercs. I will call a ceace fire of my troops if you do. when this menice is gone then the ceace fire will be lifted.)
(END)

------------------
"Mind Benders, Time to
bend your mind"

(Message to Rebels)
(Encrypted)
(Where did you get such rediculous information? I have never purposefully targetted civillians, nor will I ever do so. Any civillian deaths were totally accidental, and their families have my sincerest apologies. All my attacks were carefully planned to avoid civillian casualties. I will even send money to the families of the civillians killed by the attacks, though as of yet I have been unable to do so because of my strained budget. If you do not believe me, then you have been blinded by your mortal enemy, the Confederates, and their allies.)
(End Message)

---------------

Research was begun on the largest yet of any Mercenary vessel; the Independence-class Carrier. The massive vessel would be larger than any dragon and one of the more powerful vessels in existence. The planned stats were as follows:

Independence-class Carrier
Shields: 4,000
Armor: 1,000
Shield Recharge: 150
Speed: 180
Manvr.: 1
Accel.: 300
Weaponry:
8 Proton Turrets
4 Missile Launchers + 40 Missiles
4 Torpedo Launchers + 80 Torpedoes
Fighter Bay + 50 Fighter Capacity (not carried)

The design would take some time to complete.

---------------

Fleet Stats

7 Kestrels
2 Argosy's
8 Corvettes
10 Rapiers

1st Fleet - Yemuro
8 Dragons
2 Kestrel Cs
1 Firebird
18 Tigersharks
40 Shrikes
20 Devil Ray Fighter-Bombers

New Vessels: -20M
Mining Operation: +15M
Independence Carrier Research: -2M
Current Credits: 9M

------------------
--------------

Luna R &D;
Confederate engineers add an inertia dampening device that doubles the cruisers manoueverability. They also add a device that increases the speed of hyperjumps.
They announce that the final cruiser will be finished in a week.

------------------
Vote 1 for Zaphod Beeblebrox- The only presidential candidate with two heads, three arms and a personality as nice as your Mum

DeadBeat pays for ad time on the holovid.

To: Captain Carnotaur
Subject: Alliances
(Encrypted)

The former alliances are no more. The Nebulon Tricksters are a group of hired mercenaries and alliances come at a price now.

------------------
-DeadBeat

The Confederate fleet is now in NGC-5465, being followed by the Jadzian fleet. They then jump off to NGC-1027.

Luna R &D;
The new Cruisers are now ready. They are spread out to all Confederate systems.

(To Aaron)
(After months of careful engineering, thanks to your people, and
(your idea, the new Confederate Cruiser MK III is ready.)
(They are available in all Confederate systems, and
(a special set, in the official Jadzian Union colours
(has been sent to you.)
(You have been sent 250, but more will be made later.)
(
(We are almost at New Antigua.)
(We will have Den' Zar's head on a plate.)
(END)

------------------

OOC: I would prefer the attack on New Antigua would not commence until Stardust replies to that message I sent him.

---------------

(Message to Deadbeat)
(Encrypted)
(Very well. In that case, I will need your help. I will give you 30M credits in 3 separate payments. I need a bit of help destroying a Jadzian/Confederate warfleet. My defensive measures will be able to annihilate most of their fleet, and my fleet can take care of many more, but that will still not be enough. I need more help. If you could dispatch a large fleet to New Antigua immediately, I will be most thankful. I may also include a 10M bonus if your fleet takes heavy losses.)
(End Message)

---------------

Den'Zar, now that his fleet had pulled back to New Antigua, was preparing his base for the upcoming battle. Hundreds of asteroids and old, derelict hulks were towed into a position directly within the hyperspace exit point. When the Confeds and Jadzians entered the system, their vessels would run straight into the wall, and that was just the beginning.

Many asteroids had been laced with heavy explosives, making them even more deadly. Derelict hulks were also rigged with explosives, and hundreds of space bombs and nuke warheads were just positioned out in space among the asteroids.

Many derelict but somewhat operable vessels were loaded with as many explosives as they could handle, and, when the signal was given via remote control, they would fly themselves into the midst of the enemy and detonate. Huge plates of iron were fitted to the outer hull of the vessel, which would instantly melt upon detonation and fly off like molten shrapnel.

Many other asteroids were placed around the exit point, and equipped with proton turrets, torpedoes, and some maneuvering thrusters. They were operated by remote control. Many other asteroids were fitted with engines and nukes, and would during the battle fly into the enemy fleet and explode.

New Antigua itself was also prepped for defense. Everything important was loaded up onto frieghters in case they had to leave, and the base was fitted with dozens of proton turrets, torpedoes, and even multiple shield grids.

The fleet was divided up into four sections, all moved around as to create a crossfire against the incoming fleet. Shrikes were fully armed and ready to shred the enemy before they even knew what hit them. Tigersharks were also upgraded with 5 extra missiles each, just as a small upgrade to their design.

The Mercenaries were ready to fight.

---------------

Fleet Stats

8 Kestrels
5 Argosy's
10 Corvettes
10 Rapiers

1st Fleet - New Antigua
10 Dragons
2 Kestrel Cs
1 Firebird
20 Tigersharks
50 Shrikes
30 Devil Ray Fighter-Bombers

New Vessels: -25M
Mining Operation: +30M
Independence Carrier Research: -2M
Defenses of New Antigua: -20M
Tigershark Upgrade: -2M
Current Credits: 4M

------------------
--------------

**OOC: They were operated by remote control. Many other asteroids were fitted with engines and nukes, and would during the battle fly into the enemy fleet and explode.

OOC: Umm how did you get the nukes i voided your pass. And i stated that i do not wish to communicate to you any more.
----------

------------------
"Mind Benders, Time to
bend your mind"

OOC: I produce my own nukes, and I don't see how you can simply block messages. You'll recieve them one way or another. If you do not, then you are but an egotistical, foolish ruler unwilling to listen to the truth, and instead only concerned with his own power. <hint hint> 😉

------------------
--------------

**OOC: I would prefer the attack on New Antigua would not commence until Stardust replies to that message I sent him.

OOC: Stardust hasn't been here for ages. You might be waiting a while.

------------------

(to: Bebblebrox (damn your name is hard))
(From: Tara (unreals advisor))
(Encrypted)
{subject: New ship)
(i was wondering if you could help me with a ship design i have. (See quote for pic) I allready have it bulit except the vital stuff. it will take a while but you could help me and it will go a lot faster. and as a trade i offer you as many as you want.)
(END)

Tara walks to unreals room. She has to tell him that theres a breakthrough with the hull of the new Cydonian Distroyer MK: I. Tara enters to a sleeping Unreal. "Unreal sir, the hull is compleated" - Tara. Unreal sturs. "what is it?" He realises what she sayed "OH good." - unreal. "I called the federation" - Tara. "WHAT!!" Unreal screams jumping out of his bed. "why??!!" "I thought we could use some help..." - Tara. "yea, your right, sorry for yelling at you." - Unreal. Tara blushes.

Posted Image
Stats:
Holds:85
Shields:100
Accel:230
Speed:155
Maneuver:2
Fuel:600
FreeMass:135
Armour:130
ShieldRe:390
MaxGun:10
MaxTurr:5
Cost: 10M

------------------
"I came, i conquered, i ate pie" - me

(This message has been edited by Unreal Centipede (edited 10-26-2002).)

DeadBeat sends his fleet in the direction of New Antigua.
-------------------
Ship: Jolly Roger
Income: 500 thousand a round
Bank: 33.5 million
Fleet: 2 Kestrels
5 Corvettes
7 Argoseys
16 Lightnings

------------------
-DeadBeat

Jadzian Union
The 250 ships that had been sent by the Confederates is sent to join up with the rest of the Jadzian fleet headed for New Antigua.
------
NGC-5465
The main Jadzian fleet enters and waits for the 250 Jadzian Cruisers while on full alert. It's orders are to destroy any incoming ships.
------
New Bavaria, Government Center
"With major damage to our military bases and mining operation in Zebetrious, we will need to set up additional mining ops. I need your word to do this."- Winfield
"You've got it"- Aaron
------
Nexus
Nexus Outpost is being prepared to process metel and rock. Things should be ready soon. Bulk Freighters jump in to begin mining while the station is undergoing preperations.
------
(Message to Confederation)
(From Fleet Admiral Winfield Wilson)
(encrypted)
I want the designs for the bulk freighters. It will drop your profit margine but the Jadzian Union will be a more powerful ally.
(end)

Income: 2.5Mcr/post
Outside Income:
Mining in Nexus; 22.5M worth of metel+rock
Treasury: 2.15Mcr
///////////////
Notes: Bought 45 Bulk Freighters.(5M)
Carno, i dont suppose you could give me more exact numbers of my losses? I'm trying to keep track of my shipcount on my computer.
Time to complete reconstruction of New Bavaria; 4 posts.
Cloaking Device: 2 posts

------------------

(To Aaron)
(No. We will not provide you with the plans unless you
(pay me a significant amount of money.)
(Work out your own designs if you want.)
(END)

(To Unreal)
(What kind of help do you want?
(END)

------------------

New Bavaria
Things begin to look better as rubble and waste is removed from the ground. The Defence fleet still lies in ruins however but is being rebuilt.
------
Nexus
The mining ring of the station soon to be complete the miners drop off their cargo.
------
(Message to Rebellion)
(From Jadzian High Council)
We will call a cease-fire and possibly a non-aggression pact if you hand over the Virgo system. The people of Virgo will be in good hands and are always welcome to leave.
(end)
------
"Sir, if they give us Virgo they wont have a place to strike from behind."- unimportant
"I know, but durring a cease-fire they wont need to attack us either. I don't want to drag out this war. I never intended to get involved, but with the unrefusable offer made by the feds to defend Matar and the death of so many civilians that needed to be avenged... "- Aaron
------
Pelegon
250 Jadzian Cruisers jump in to be fitted with Union technology.
------
(Message to Confederation)
(From Pres. Aaron)
I'm considering calling a cease-fire with the Rebellion. If it works out i will be unable to help you against them. The Union can not afford a war with a major power.
(end)

Income: 2.5Mcr/post
Outside Income:
Treasury: 5.05Mcr
///////////////
Mining in Nexus; 22.5M worth of metel+rock(As of yet N/A)
Surplus: 1.4M worth of metel+rock
///////////////
Notes: Built 12 Destroyers for New Bavaria.
Time to complete reconstruction of New Bavaria; 3 posts.
Cloaking Device: 1 posts
Cruiser Refit: 2 posts

------------------