The Independent People's Escape Velocity Webstory

1)Sorry, I thought corvettes were 1 point, I will edit that later
2)How long would you like for it to take, a page? 😛
3)You forced them into giving Cydonia 1/2 of their water, when it was their water in the first place. You then sided with them, I don't imagine that they would have been very fond of the Confederation, I was not so much conquering them as I was liberating them.
4)Good Point
5)Considering the Confederate's actions in Lethe would probably cause some discontnet among the Letheans, underground resistence probably would have sprung up, and they would have been in contact. I know this sounds far fetched, but think about it
6)What does that have to do with anything?
7)Rak tells me that you are not letting anyone out or in, and if we're playing the "you wouldn't know" game, how would you have known about DAC in the first place(I was not told Lethe was conquered by the Confederation at the time I posted that Message, so assume that message went to the Lethean Underground I was talking about before)?
8)In case you never read the intro text to EV, it says that the Confederation became tyrannical and unjust, and most people would oppose that.
9)And I suppose it's reallistic to capture a planet in 5 minutes? Do not underestimate the citizens' power. They would resist, and by the time you would have put them all down it would be too late.
10) I'm not saying that I can, but the entire planet isn't farmland. I'm guessing around 20-30% is farmland, 60% is ocean, and the remaining is mountains, forests, etc. Even if I only destroyed half of the soil, the agricutural value would be seriously reduced.

Originally Posted by SilverDragon **
Your posts are somewhat clever, but they're resting on a mass of utter crap.**

I love you too 😛

Originally Posted by SilverDragon **And by the way, if you do burn all your crops, I will not stand for any nonsense about my worlds starving.

Again, you misunderstand me, I'm simply saying in those threats that I will make your agricultural life a living hell 😛

I hope this clears some stuff up, always a pleasure to talk to you.

------------------
(Insert Clever Remark Here)

1. I'm not too bothered. Point 2 was what really annoyed me.
  2. Well, not a page, but a single post is just... <grin>
  3. Actually, that's wrong. EVO mentioned they were fighting over water rights. We don't know which planet. I just came in and said "share the goddamn water". For all you know, the water was on New Cydonia.
  4. Fine.
  5. Rambling, my dear friend. : )
  6. You went and said "I want to form the DAC" to a room with a Confederation official in...that's how. And Rak is wrong. Right now, I'm not letting scoutships through Farazon without a quick check. And I'd never let Rebels through. 'thass all.
  7. Ah, the intro text. Bari, I'm fighting to prove that's false, so don't bring that one up on me. : )
  8. Five minutes to knock out your defences and come into orbit. I don't intend to land to start spraying water over you. ; )
  9. If you destroy half the soil, I get 1 agricultural point, which is more than I was getting in the first place, most likely.

<sighs> I might have to quit this, anyway. I've got a few exams and projects hovering around, and unlike all of you, I'm really not into trying to make people lose as painfully as possible.

Plus, I have to revise five subjects for two exams tomorrow, as I don't know what the exams are on as I was off last week as I am and was ill. Just...great. 😛

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-19-2002).)

Originally posted by BariSaxGuy5:
**1)Sorry, I thought corvettes were 1 point, I will edit that later
2)How long would you like for it to take, a page? 😛
3)You forced them into giving Cydonia 1/2 of their water, when it was their water in the first place. You then sided with them, I don't imagine that they would have been very fond of the Confederation, I was not so much conquering them as I was liberating them.
4)Good Point
5)Considering the Confederate's actions in Lethe would probably cause some discontnet among the Letheans, underground resistence probably would have sprung up, and they would have been in contact. I know this sounds far fetched, but think about it
6)What does that have to do with anything?
7)Rak tells me that you are not letting anyone out or in, and if we're playing the "you wouldn't know" game, how would you have known about DAC in the first place(I was not told Lethe was conquered by the Confederation at the time I posted that Message, so assume that message went to the Lethean Underground I was talking about before)?
8)In case you never read the intro text to EV, it says that the Confederation became tyrannical and unjust, and most people would oppose that.
9)And I suppose it's reallistic to capture a planet in 5 minutes? Do not underestimate the citizens' power. They would resist, and by the time you would have put them all down it would be too late.
10) I'm not saying that I can, but the entire planet isn't farmland. I'm guessing around 20-30% is farmland, 60% is ocean, and the remaining is mountains, forests, etc. Even if I only destroyed half of the soil, the agricutural value would be seriously reduced.

Use the discussion topic.

------------------
Write your complaints here: O
Please don't write out of the space.
(url="http://"http://www.evula.com")-(/url)-----------------
(url="http://"http://www.homestead.com/lukenj/index.html")"It's spelled Luke, but it's pronounced 'Qkrnxtl.'"(/url)

On Lethe, the Confederate Investigators had not fled the planet as they had made the Denebians believe, but had taken sanctuary among Lethians who did not want the Denebians destroying their crops and ruining their world. At every turn the Deneb forces who were trying to set up destruction facilites found the facilities sabotaged.

A lot of Letheans did not want to have their planet ruined at the expense of another planets power play. Why should they, when all it would do would be to wreck their economy, and bring sanctions down on them.

OOC:I said the officials escaped into the countryside. They did. And surprisingly, they found that many farmers did not want to destroy their farmland for the ambitions of another world.

------------------
If someone makes a mistake, it is not my fault. I will however use it to my advantage.

Voted most likely to be a serial killer by Insane Asylum - 2002

(This message has been edited by RMA (edited 05-19-2002).)

/me looks at the 2 planet graphics. Hmm, which one of these has water... 😛

Like I said earlier, please don't pull the whole "I love the Confederation, kill the Denebians!" tactic on the planets. Even if there were a few unhappy people, the majority would hate the Confederation. And SilverDragon, if you never landed on the planet in the first place, what would be the point of burning the crops? 😛

Revised Fleet Status
-2 Corvettes
-12 Lightings (+4 at 3 points)

------------------

Invasion of Lethe

Esopna,taking advantage of the still disabled Lethe fleet, began their attack. It was comprised of 4 Kestrels and 8 Corvettes. They came in hard and fast, Espona in the lead Kestrel. He was never one to command from the rear. Seeing the Letheans still disabled, Espona ordered a Corvette to board and capture them one by one. After capture was complete The Kestrels immediately launched their Lightnings, which moved to confront the other Deneb Lightnings. The Kestrels and Corvettes moved into position to challenge the Deneb Corvettes. Espona sent a message that requested the immediate surrender of the Deneb fleet. Espona had made sure that his Kestrel had been upgraded with an extra proton turret, and better shielding with upgraded acceleration and turning.

Cydonia attack fleet
4 Kestrels
8 Corvettes
8 Lightnings

------------------
"He said no! Now we have to use the damn pigeons!"

(This message has been edited by Espona (edited 05-19-2002).)

First of all, my fleet is landed on Lethe, second of all, what disabled ships are you talking about??
On another note, that fleet costs a total of 30 points, you only have 20 points to spend

My ships remain stationed at the Capital, inside the defensive fortifications(Note that the said fortifications have substantial firepower, I think it was 40 Proton Batteries and 10 Torpedo launchers(I spent all 4 economic points on them, I think that's a fair number)

Message: You attack Lethe at your own peril. Slink away to your own barren world, for on Lethe, you will have no haven

------------------

(This message has been edited by BariSaxGuy5 (edited 05-19-2002).)

OOC: I'm talking about Lethe's disabled fleet, which is still floating about in space. And what do you mean exactly by, "the capital?"

BIC:Espona sent a warning message to the Lethean civillians, telling them to evacuate the capital, for the Denebians had not surrendered, and emplaced weaponry inside the capital. Fortunately, the Deneb fleet was, for now, grounded, and capture of the Lethe fleet was underway. Another Corvette was added to the capture effort, which would be completed soon. Staying just out of range of the torpedo launchers and other defensive weaponry, Espona sent a message to the Denebians.

"Be advised we will attack any ships that try to escape the planet, and that there is no escape. Surrender NOW."

------------------

To: Diphidia, Zaxted, Alan West, Morgan Anderson
Copy: Intergalactic News Network
Encryption: None
Message: The Rico Commission, after an extensive investigation of the incident at Zaxted, has ruled in favor of Alan West. We have found that Morgan Anderson intentionally violated the sovereignty of Zaxted while aware that he was prohibited by international law from entering the space. Once inside Zaxted controlled space, he conducted illegal espionage activities and threatened the Zaxted military forces. Actions of this type and magnitude are covered under the Glok Statute. The penalties for the actions of Anderson include the death penalty and life in prison.

This commission hereby indicts Morgan Anderson on the following counts:
Intentional violation of Zaxted sovereignty
Illegal espionage
Illegal interception of classified communications
Conspiracy to kill neutral armed service members
Illegal IFF code masking

Anderson is hereby required to surrender immediately. He will face trial on Levo. Failure to comply will result in heavy fines and a death warrant. Be warned that Anderson is considered armed and dangerous, and we hereby authorize permission to kill him if he resists arrest or attacks you.

- Peter Rico, Chairman
End Message

West surveyed the message. It seemed that Anderson had finally gotten caught up in his own political wrangling. West smiled. It was time to make his move.

To: Prime Minister Alan West
Copy: Supreme Commander Seth Rak
Encryption: One time cipher pad
Message: Order complete. Two Confederate Cruisers Mk. II and a single Bulk Freighter have been built and are currently in orbit. You may use them as you feel fit.
End Message

West, satisfied with the current stature of his fleet, issued a string of commands to Rak.

To: Supreme Commander Seth Rak
Copy: Atinoda Shipyards
Message: Rak: You are now authorized to capture Diphidia. Do so however you feel fit. Make Anderson pay for his criminal activity.
End Message

Rak received the message eagerly, and prepared an assault fleet for the attack on Diphidia.

The assault force consisted of the following vessels:
2 Kestrels (including Death Incarnate)
4 Corvettes
10 Rapiers
10 Lightnings
1 Kestrel-S
1 Bulk Freighter
1 Confederate Cruiser Mk. II

The defense fleet left at home consisted of the following:
1 Kestrel
2 Corvettes
2 Rapiers
2 Lightnings
1 Confederate Cruiser Mk. II

Rak personally lead the assault from the Death Incarnate. He was pumped up and ready to go fifteen rounds with a mutant alligator. He signaled for the fleet to enter hyperspace.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

RakŐs armada exited hyperspace in Diphidia. They quickly assumed a defensive position outside of the range of the Diphidian ships. A few moments earlier, West had declared war on Diphidia.

Excerpt from the Declaration of War
ÉTherefore, Zaxted has declared war on Diphidia and its leadership. We vow to bring Anderson, the new Defense Minister, to justiceÉ

We have declared war on Diphidia for a multitude of reasons. The Diphidian government has perpetrated, in acting against the Confederation with an agricultural monopoly, an irreconcilable abuse of human rights. The Diphidian government has also acted with malicious intent in doing so, wanting to starve the Confederation citizens into submission.

Diphidia has also instituted a blatant violation of intragalactic laws and regulations. They have ignored our sovereignty intentionally, and have willingly engaged in illegal practices. The findings of the Rico Commission reinforced these allegations, and the source must be pacifiedÉ

In our action against Diphidia we will not intentionally harm civilians, and we will not interfere with anyone who has not participated in the illegal and immoral Diphidian institutions. Once the annexation is complete, all of the remaining Diphidians who have not been charged with war crimes will be inducted as Zaxted citizens, and will be granted the full rights enjoyed by ZaxtedŐs citizensÉ
Excerpt from the Declaration of War

Open Communications relay to Confederate Fleet
If you want to take us so badly kind sir, please feel free to come and get us. Know however, that flying of any ships into 40 Proton batteries is more or less suicide. Thank you for your time.

OOC: Give me a break. Disabling the entire Lethean fleet and capturing it? That's complete bull**** and you know it. Also, I see that you are ignoring the fact that you have 10 points more ships than allowed, good job

------------------

(This message has been edited by BariSaxGuy5 (edited 05-19-2002).)

OOC: I am sorry, but I was told that such a fleet was allowed, and also the Confederate attack before mine disabled every Lethean ship, and no one did anything to claim it, so I decided to get them.

------------------

-Begin Hypercomm Transmission-
(From: Luke, Head of Astex Industries Defense Unit)
(To: Diphidia II HQ)
(Copy: Morgan Anderson, Confederation High Command, INN, Alan West)
(Subject: Astex's Neutrality)
(Encryption: Unencrypted)
(Priority: Medium)
It has come to my attention that Diphidia II has been attacked. This is a declaration of Astex Industries' neutrality in this conflict. My fleet's purpose is solely for defense. Although there has been recent tension between Diphidia II and Astex, we will not take part in this war unless commanded to do so by our good friends of the Confederation.
(end message)

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.homestead.com/lukenj/index.html")"It's spelled Luke, but it's pronounced 'Qkrnxtl.'"(/url)

It was originally posted by Macavenger in the discussion topic that the Cydonians get 20 points for their fleets

4 Kestrels * 3= 12
8 Corvettes * 2=16
That's 28 points, 8 over the limit. Please revise this. Also, this is seriously unrealistic if you think that the ENTIRE GODDAMNED LETHEAN FLEET could be disabled without the confeds losing 1 SHIP. But no, that wasn't unrealistic enough, ho ho! NOW THEY HAVE TO ASSIMILATE EVERY SHIP INTO THEIR OWN FLEET WITH 1 CORVETTE, AND FIX THEM IN TIME FOR THE ASSULT ON LETHE PRIME, HOORAY!! That is the biggest pile of crap I have ever heard in my life, and if it allowed to stand I am quitting this instant.

------------------

You can all argue and protest as much as you want, just please :
Use the discussion topic and (Bari) stop swearing.

------------------

As West sat dormant in his high-rise office he pondered the political turmoil unfolding in this miniscule galaxy. How insignificant these wranglings really are. GovernmentŐs rise and fall, ultimately succumbing to their own self inflicted wounds. Always the most powerful polity emerges superior, basking in its own success. But without reason to innovate, even the largest empire would come crashing down.

The independents, no matter how powerful and determined, could not stop their assimilation. It was human nature to consolidate and then split, creating ever larger bodies of power. West wondered what he would accomplish, what change he would bring. He pondered these questions.

Should I give my life for freedom and justice, or should I succumb to basic human desire? Should I let my background actually come out, or should I let it lie dormant in the sands of time? Who is this Anderson fellow, and what does he want? There must be some greater picture these individual enigmas formed, but what was it. I wondered silently, and the answers gave way to a deluge of more questions.

WestŐs serene state was interrupted by Cartwright. West, in a state of extreme relaxation, sensed CartwrightŐs presence and stress even before he came near WestŐs office. West realized that his own time of reckoning was soon coming, but knew that now was not the time to address that concern.

He mindlessly exited his office and walked straight over to the elevator Cartwright was just exiting.

ŇHello Philip.Ó West said peacefully.

ŇWhy, hello Alan.Ó Cartwright was taken aback. WestŐs normally penetrating eyes seemed weary and dim.

ŇI already know how to handle Captain Anderson, if that is what you are wondering.Ó West said as he strode back into his office.

Cartwright was shocked. The intelligence about AndersonŐs probes into WestŐs background was far too new to have reached WestŐs eyes. Cartwright listened to West, spellbound.

ŇWe release the entire truth to the public. It is time they knew. Prepare the Mk. II Cruiser. IŐm going to find the hidden truths about Anderson. I know he is hiding something dark.Ó

ŇYesÉSir.Ó Cartwright responded.

West set about composing his life story and writing certain correspondence.

To: Syrias Dacona
Copy: Supreme Commander Seth Rak
Message: Hello, Syrias. To be blunt, I need your help. I know that Anderson is hiding a dark secret, and I need to find it out before he destroys all evidence. I would suggest that you meet me in Sol in precisely one week. The Confederation Congressional Library. This is of the utmost importance. I am afraid that without this evidence, Anderson may very well be able to become Sovereign of the Galaxy, or worse.
End Message

To: Intergalactic News Network
Copy: Confederation Public Message Board, all Sovereign Nations, Seth Rak, Morgan Anderson, Lyat Esponer Corsair, Captain Skyblade
Message: This is my lifeŐs story. All that you have read otherwise is a lie. This is the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. If you happen to find this very contradictory to history printed in textbooks, it is because I made it that way. Most of the events involved in my life have been censored and edited by me and several other key figures. It all started on the picturesque planet of Palshife, where I was born.

I was born to parents in a political movement against the Rebellion. My father was an ex-Admiral in the Rebellion Navy, and my mother was an ex-politician. They had witnessed the horrors of the Rebellion first hand, and were some of the leaders in the movement. By the time I was thirteen, I had witnessed these horrors myself, and was an active participant in the movement. One day, the Rebellion Secret Police (RSP) had arrested my parents. They were tortured and executed without ever setting foot in a courtroom. I had managed to escape, and cunningly evaded the RSP. They murdered many innocent friends and acquaintances of mine in the search for me.

When I turned fourteen, I had been on the run for just under a year. The RSP were tired of chasing me around Palshife, and gave up the chase. It was a bad move. I struck back hard. Yielding dual Desert Eagles, I ransacked RSP prisons, freeing the politically repressed. I led these dissidents through countless RSP assets, destroying them and gathering evidence. Within a year I had collected enough evidence to take the Rebellion to court. However, my biggest heist had yet to come.

My final act against the Rebellion was a direct strike at the core of the RSP. I led a team of six battle-hardened men into the RSP command center. We penetrated straight into the data storage room. I copied all of the information stored there, which included thorough documentation of all the atrocities committed by the RSP. The records were filled with incriminating evidence. Assassinations, torture, fixed elections, public brainwashing, control of the media, suppression of free speech and free press, usurping of power, the list went on. Following that intelligence coup, I defected with all of the political prisoners I had freed to the Confederation.

When the Confederation confronted the Rebellion with the evidence I had gathered, the RSP was promptly liquidated and all records destroyed. The Rebellion struck back with the media, casting all future Confederation allegations in a shadow of doubt. The Confederation, not wanting to undermine itself, destroyed all of the evidence.

They gave me a new identity, and assisted me in become the power player I am today.

Today's Rebel leaders have been kept in the dark about these events, as many of the officials involved have been assassinated to keep the truth from coming out.
End Message

West sent the message. He then boarded the Cruiser Mk. II and set out for Sol.

------------------
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you've imagined!"
Military Technology: (url="http://"http://www.army-technology.com/")Army(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ffiletop.html")Navy(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.af.mil/news/indexpages/fs_index.shtml")Air Force(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.firstgov.gov/topics/defense.html?ssid=1008272825086275_172")Defense Links(/url)
Event Horizon: (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/marshalfak/")Rauther Power Industries Inc.(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/005165.html")Event Horizon Sign-Up(/url)
Macavenger's EV Webstory: (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002267.html")Sign-Up Thread(/url)

** Sirgil Station **

Captian Zet rushed into the wardroom to see what was causing the uproar ... and breathed a sigh of relief. The crews who were "on-call" (what would be "off-duty" during more peaceful times) were hooting, hollering, pounding their mugs on the tables with glee and pointing at the view wall.

Zet saw an INN news reader reciting the text of Prime Minister West's "life story" as it also scrolled up the lower half of the view wall. Some Special Ops Warriors were mockingly interrogating various crew members, "Okay, you! We've finally cracked your RSP organization. You're under arrest!" ... and "There's another one! Get her!" A Vice Admiral and a Lieutenant were laughing so hard they had to hold tightly to each other to keep from collapsing.

It was funny ... and sad.

The Confederation regularly brought out the "RSP" to explain various "misdeeds" around the galaxy. Sadly, it seemed that West was one of the few people who actually believed such an organization as the RSP existed. The difficulty is the Fed's propaganda machine was the best in the business. They could show us -- Morgan Anderson on a grassy knoll in Dallas, Sol -- and even though that event took place centuries ago, some Fed puppets would believe it because, "after all, I saw it on the Net...."

"Oh well" Zet thought. "At least we can still find something to make us smile in the midst of such galactic times as these."

As Zet was leaving the wardroom he noticed on the Sirgil System Bulletin Service that 2 Destroyers and another Cruiser were within hours of rolling off the production line.
"Good news" Zet thought. "Unfortunately, it looks like we need them...."

21st Rebellion Fleet in Sirgil System
Destoyer Flagship, Vigilance
3 . . Cruisers
6 . . Destroyers
12. . Corvettes
20. . Mantas
1 . . Ops Rapier
1 . . Ops Scoutship

(OCC: 1. Notice my fleet stats are now "legal". 2. What's "BIC" mean? 3. Calm down, everybody. We'll make it through the disagreements.)

- KK

------------------
Courage stands halfway between cowardice and rashness, one of which is a lack, the other an excess of courage." ... Plutarch

(This message has been edited by Kaptain Karl (edited 05-20-2002).)

OOC: First, everyone simmer down over the thing with Aires. The numbers are intended as guidelines, and no one has flouted them badly enough to call for moderation.

-Begin Hypercomm transmission-
(To: Alan West)
(Copy: INN)
(From: Captain Morgan Anderson)
(Uncoded)
(Priority: Medium)

West, what do you think you're getting at? You could never get rid of me that easily. You have no chance at getting death or life in prison for me, because the two most serious of those charges - conspiracy to kill independent nationals and intentional violation are entirely baseless, and you and I both know it. First, there had been no public or private message to me or to the galaxy in general closing off Zaxted space, which refutes violation charges. Second, you can't get me on any kind of assault charges because I never fired a shot, and it would be clear self defense even if I had. Perhaps I'll just enter a guilty plea in abstentia to the other three and send the half million or so fine off to Levo, while getting the other two quashed. Then, of course, I can charge you with conspiracy to kill an independent, since your armed forces fired on me illegally. I was not warned out of the system, before or after entering it, and was fired on by official government forces acting under your orders. I'd suggest you get the charges against me dropped before I decide to start playing judicial hardball, and get you locked up somewhere for a long time.

-End Transmission-

(OOC: Consider Anderson's lack of signiture a gesture of contempt.)

(To: Prime Minister West)
(From: Morgan Anderson, Special Consultant to the Rebellion)
(Uncoded)
(Priority: High)

Mr. West,

It is distinctly possible that the Rebellion is once as you say it was. Since, if what you say is true, the records have all been destroyed, I would have no way of proving or disproving you.

However, I assure you that the Rebellion of today is nothing like what you have described. All records have been destroyed, as you said. All members of this former RSP have been eliminated, as you stated. Further, no such body exists today. We have law enforcement officers, of course - but they are in no way secret, and in fact almost never operate undercover, as is commonly done for legitimate ends by many law enforcement agencies.

Assuming things are as you say they were, there is no reason to hold any of this against the current Rebellion. Our current leaders were in no way involved or aware of this organization and its activities, and it no longer exists. We have records sufficient to prove this, if necessary.

The old Rebellion you speak of is dead. The new one seeks only to protect the right of free, just government to all citizens of the galaxy.

Morgan Anderson

-End Transmission-

===========

(To: Liat Corsair, Confederation President)
(From: Jeff Daniels, Prime Minister, Diphidia II)
(Uncoded)
(Priority: Highest)

Mr. President,

The government of Diphidia II had chosen not to sell you any of our food. Furthermore, we hereby formally declare the Diphidia system closed to all Confederate Military traffic.

Your threats against our nation are entirely unjustified. We are in no way associated with this DAC you seem so angry about. While it is true that we received a message regarding it from Deneb III, no action has been taken on that message. Further, I would like to suggest to you that neither Deneb III nor Lethe has done anything wrong either. At this time, I present the following demands against the Confederation:

• The Confederate Fleet in our system will withdraw completely within two hours, and neither it nor any other Confederate ships shall be allowed to return to our space until further notice.

• You promptly withdraw all remaining personel from the sovereign nation of Lethe, and allow them to form their own government and alliances as they choose. Your current military government of that planet is entirely unjustified, as they took no action against your nation.

• Further, we demand that you act to stop the current actions of the Cydonian fleet in Lethe, and disable their capability to make war as you did Lethe's, putting an end to their action against a sovereign nation.

Failure to comply with the above demands will result in prompt legal action. We have sufficient evidence to convict you of various war crimes and other violations unless the conditions be met.

We believe that the forces of Deneb III are currently acting in accord with the will of the people of Lethe; defending them against the agression of the Confederation and of Cydonia. However, subject to full execution of the above demands by the Confederation, we demand of the government of Deneb III that they promptly withdraw all forces from the system of Lethe and allow the people of Lethe to rebuild their own government and armed forces. Failure to comply will also result in legal action.

Jeff Daniels
Prime Minister, Diphidia II

-End Transmission-

============

(To: INN)
(From: Morgan Anderson, Special Consultant to the Rebellion)
(Copy: (All Independent Worlds))
(Uncoded)

On this day, Confederation forces have attacked the forces of the Rebellion in the Tiber and Orion systems. These units were engaged only in defending the systems they have been assigned to and were threatning no one.

By this action, the Confederation has apparently rejected the peace proposal offered by the Rebellion. This proposal was released to all space, so I need not cover the terms here. Our proposal was just, with equal terms for either side. This is simple to determine by looking at the proposal we offered, which is in the public record.

By this action, the Confederation has launched a war of conquest, attempting to dominate a sovereign nation by force. By this action, the Confederation has proved that their promises - that they were a nation of peace, that they were a nation of democracy, with freedom for all - were all lies. The Confederation is an imperialist nation, interested in uniting all space under its banner, by force, willing or not. This is not democracy. This is tyranny.

I urge all current members of the Confederation to renounce your alliegence to that corrupt body and recall all currently active members of its armed forces native to your planet, to prohibt anyone from your world from ever serving in its military, and to bar all Confederate traffic from your systems.

The Rebellion will do what we can to fight off this oppression. Be advised, however, that in defending ourselves, we may have no choice but to attack the Confederation at some point. Be advised that any world remaining in the Confederation will be considered a legitimate target for invasion. While our forces will do all they can to minimize civillian casualties, in any invasion, a number of such casualties are inevitable. While we regret any such, we cannot take sole responsibility for them. The responsibility must lie in part with President Corsair, for starting the war, and the citizens and governments of such planets as we may be forced to invade for not heeding this warning.

If all members of the Confederation withdraw, we can force its surrender, and set up the Synod as proposed by Admiral Wilk. The galaxy will be much the better off if we are able to do so.

Morgan Anderson

-End Transmission-

============

Anderson looked at the plot board. "Alright, the Confederation is coming in with a big hammer. Get the Agena fleet in to reinforce Tiber, and the President's fleet in on the action at Orion." Skyblade's personal fleet contained 6 Cruisers, 12 Destroyers, and 12 additional Mantas, as well as his flagship, the well upgraded Destroyer Triron Corsair. "We'll mix it up in those systems, see if we can knock off a couple of Confed fleets. Have the fleets in Turin and Sirgil stand by for possible defensive duties, and Spica and Nemesis prepare for possible offensive action. Get the Scoutships from those two sectors out, and recon the area around Levo."

Skyblade's fleet joins the battle, in Orion, the fleet from Agena joins battle in Tiber.

Fleet Locations:

Pres. Skyblade: Orion
Act.-Pres. Wilk: Sirgil
Tiber, Tiber, Orion, Nemesis, Spica, Turin

------------------
- Macavenger | e-mail: (url="http://"mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com")mailto:e-gamerguy1@attbi.com(/url)e-gamerguy1@attbi.com

To: Diphidia, Zaxted, The Rico Commission, Morgan Anderson
Message: Did you noticed, Mr. Anderson, that you have been indicted by the most pro-defendant Commission in all of independent space? How interesting it is that they can indict you without amazingly airtight evidence. However, since you seem to not wish to appear in court, I am hereby putting a 1.000.000 bounty on your head. Dead or alive.

Now, how could you have missed the message that came onto your computer as you accessed the hyperspacial jump lane? Or the public announcement on INN? Or through your rather deep intelligence network? Therefore, because you were obviously exposed to the warning, you are liable for the violation of sovereignty.

When you entered the system, you acted threateningly towards the Zaxted military forces.
End Message

To: Morgan Anderson
Message: What I speak of is true, although it may seem odd. Especially in its infancy and when it was expanding the Rebellion was power hungry. The RSP was created to increase the power of the Rebel ŇPresident.Ó I am not saying that this is still true of the Rebellion today. In fact, the Rebellion today is a lot better than the Rebellion of old. However, I feel that the galaxy and the human race will only prosper when united under a strongly based democratic government. I feel that the best government to unite the galaxy and bring peace is the Confederation.

Note: A copy has been sent to the INN. This is for documentation only and is prohibited from being aired.
End Message

OOC: Mac, are you going to take control of the fleet at Diphidia or are you going to let me destroy it?

------------------
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams; live the life you've imagined!"
Military Technology: (url="http://"http://www.army-technology.com/")Army(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.chinfo.navy.mil/navpalib/factfile/ffiletop.html")Navy(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.af.mil/news/indexpages/fs_index.shtml")Air Force(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.firstgov.gov/topics/defense.html?ssid=1008272825086275_172")Defense Links(/url)
Event Horizon: (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/marshalfak/")Rauther Power Industries Inc.(/url) - (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum26/HTML/005165.html")Event Horizon Sign-Up(/url)
Macavenger's EV Webstory: (url="http://"http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum6/HTML/002267.html")Sign-Up Thread(/url)

(This message has been edited by General Rak (edited 05-20-2002).)

(From: Confederation of Worlds HQ, Earth, Sol)
(To: Rebellion Command, Diphidia, Deneb)
(Encrypted)

Firstly, we will not heed your request for our ships to leave Diphidia - and are amused that you call the temporary presence of a cruiser a fleet. Zaxted is making a move against the Diphidian government, and we will honour our allies. On that matter, our attack against Lethe was fully justified. Our alliance bound us to do this, by a gentleman's honour. There is NO "military government" of Lethe. We pacified there fleets, and other than placing officials to watch them, we have not "conquered" them at all. This is a major misunderstanding. The Lethean government was left to do as it would, as long as it agreed not to harm Cydonia.

It was the Denebans that established military control of Lethe, and threatened us with the destruction of crops to prevent us from stepping in and halting the situation. Lethe would have been allowed to do whatever it wanted on its own, I assure you. It is Deneb that has attacked and conquered them - so I will not take your claims that we have done anything except upholded an alliance.

We have also come across word of West's explanation of the situation. This is entirely true, as I have confered with my advisor Lariat on the matter (despite being president, I do not hold to key to all knowledge within the Confederation as we work in a democracy - I'm sure the Rebellion wouldn't quite understand that concept). Apparently, it has also been said that it is impossible to know whether the RSP existed.

It has also been said, may I note, that the RSP has been abolished and the Rebellion has changed.

Do not attempt to pull that with me if you wish to hold me personally responsible for anything the Confederation may have done in the past. Our records state there was no oppression - although we admit that there was likely several accounts verging on it, none going all the way back to the Confederation command, most likely. I will go one step further now. If you have changed, why can we not have also?

Our recent actions come out of desperation, I will say to you. Everyone seems to be eating what you and the Rebellion say, and as much as we try to show our point of view, it seems futile. We are losing this war so far. Now, please, you believe we're bad, so you must admit that we believe you're bad. For these reasons, we must destroy you.

Yes, we have made attacks on Osiris and Tiber. But your claims of US starting this war are pure lies. The Rebellion started the war.

We intend wholly to finish it.

(end message)

----------------

The president's fleet appeared in Orion for no reason whatsoever, and Skyblade smacked himself over the head as he realised the system he was seeking was Farazon.

Unfortunately, unbeknownst to him, Farazon would block his path to the attacked area. (Mac: you can't just ignore this fleet - if you try, they'll annihilate half of your fleet and the flagship)

Meanwhile, Osiris was quickly taken, the Rebel cruiser destroyed. As the Confederation was already at war, they were more aggressive with Endor than they had been with Lethe Prime, who they had sought to pacify. While not killing any civilians - although two Confederate officers died at the hands of Rebel citizens - or harming anyone, they seized the economical power of Endor and used it for the construction of missile launchers and torpedo launchers to be constructed. After beginning to build a considerable defence ring out in the uninhabied regions of Endor, they left and assualted El Santo quickly.

The fleet there was not much more considerable, and the battle would be over quickly. (the moment the battle is over, defences will be built with one point, and a shield network with the other)

The battle in Tiber was falling into the sway of the Confederation. Destroyers were fast, but they ran out of torpedoes far too soon. As they enjoyed their superior propulsion, the Confederation fleet, keeping together, marched upon Port Oread. Every time the Rebellion ships tried to come near, they were obliterated.

Wave after wave of fire hit Port Oread, with intent to disable the shielding system. The construction capabilities of Port Oread were too much for the Confederation to waste.

Meanwhile, Alpha Fleet blocked Farazon, 7th Fleet blockaded at Regulus, the Rebel fleet from Agena was making its way to reinforce Tiber, and a bounty was issued on Anderson's head - a bounty of one hundred and fifty million credits (5 economic points) - dead or alive.

Confederate Navy
Battlefleet Status

Status Report:
• Osiris taken.
• El Santo defence force engaged - victory assured within minutes. (before any reinforcements may arrive, logically)
• Tiber's defence force is unable to penetrate Beta Fleets defensive line. All torpedoes/missiles expended at minimal cost.

Alpha Fleet (flagship: C.S.S. Bahamut) -- Farazon
Beta Fleet (flagship: C.S.S. Triad) -- Tiber
3rd Fleet -- Capella
4th Fleet -- El Santo
5th Fleet -- Matar
6th Fleet -- Altair
7th Fleet -- Regulus
Scoutship Positions -- Curzon, Perseus, Gamera, Alcyon, Pelagon

------------------
-Lyat Esponer Corsair

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-20-2002).)

(This message has been edited by SilverDragon (edited 05-20-2002).)

(I said I dropped the whole debate about the crop bruning thing, weren't you listening?)

Open Broadcast to the Confederation
If you leave the orbit of Lethe Prime right now, I will allow you to escape unharmed. However, I know that you cannot stay up there in space forever, you do not have enough power to assult our fortifications, and if you land on the planet, you will suffer from our strike operations as your ships are idle. Go away and live. Stay, and you will die. It is your choice
(End Transmission)

Meanwhile on the surface of Lethe...

Martin Robberts smiled serenely. The Confederates had fallen right into his trap. Martin was a turnip farmer. It was not exactly the most exciting job in the galaxy, but it paid the bills and kept his family alive. Then the Confederates came. Under their administration, they raised the taxes for their expenses taking Lethe. If this new financial burden was not enough, the water supply his family relied on for generations had been ursurped by the Cydonians from an act by the Confederation (look at the frickin landing pics, it's OBVIOUS who has the water). He knew that the Confederates' political shield of "peacekeeping" was entirely bogus. It was obvious that they had forged a secret alliance with the Cydonians, and all of their laws that were in "common interest" were nothing more than brainwashing propaganda. The Cydonians' fleet was untouched, and their planet drowned in Lethean water. All at the expense of the Lethean citizenry.

Robberts and his neighbors had lured the Confederation officials stationed on Lethe into thinking that they were Confederate sypathizers(sp is probably wrong, :frown: ), and were to meet them in the barn at 1 in the morning. Robberts's men were waiting in the barn when the officials came in. Robberts locked the door behind them...

Outside, neighbors woke with a start at a loud scream. Out the window, they saw flashes of light escaping from the barn window. Then, there was silence...

(Please note that I am rescinding the statement that they would destroy the Lethean crops, Lethe now follows regular capture rules)

------------------