PoG is Big

I'm hearing a lot of talk about how amazing PoG is.
Well i can not download it cause it's big(150 megs). I know the size can not be changed.
It's a big game, i'm used to the 5 meg EV.
The reason i can not download is the fact that i have a 28K. I can download it but
I'm not holding up the phone line for 15 hours.

I'm sure it's going to be great and i guess i'll have to wait or the CD.

Anyone else having this problem?

------------------
Why is Star Wars so addictive?

Welp, I don't know what to tell ya. You can probably download it in two nights if you use a client that can resume downloads -- just set it to go when you go to sleep at night.

Short of that, yep, I guess you'll need to wait until the CDs arrive, unfortunately. You might also consider grabbing the demo in the meantime, it'll give you a taste of PoG, and you can use the saved game files with the full version when you get it.

------------------
Andrew Welch / el Presidente / Ambrosia Software, Inc.
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Ya i was thinking of using Speed Download to download it. I can resume the download that way.

The only other thing i'm worried about is the requirements of the game.
I have a old performa and i don't think i can run it.

------------------
Why is Star Wars so addictive?

Originally posted by grand admiral thrawn:
**Ya i was thinking of using Speed Download to download it. I can resume the download that way.

The only other thing i'm worried about is the requirements of the game.
I have a old performa and i don't think i can run it.

Depends upon your performa. I believe that PoG needs over 60MB of RAM free for itself, as well as a G3. I guess you could probably get away with a fast 604 with 64MB RAM, but not a performa.

And as to downloading the demo, andrew, I've tried three times now. Once I got 17.8 MB, the second time I got 21.2MB. Then I tried the beserkir.ambrosia.net mirror, and would you believe, I had a blackout at exactly 28.6MB?! Someone hates me!!!

Anyway, is there any date yet for the release of the CD? I'm going to try the beserkir server for the demo one last time (maybe I'll just try the MacGameFiles mirror instead), but I don't think I can wait that much longer to at least play a bit of PoG.

But the demo will do until my birthday. I am then going to get a Visa debit card, and so will be able to order a CD without all of the bank cheque rigamarole I have had to use for Ares, Ferazel etc. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by andrew:
**and you can use the saved game files with the full version when you get it.

That's good to know; I just spent an hour or so getting all the best equipment in the demo and getting up to level 10.

------------------
"Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea." - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I've got cable and it's gonna take me an hour just to get the demo. Granted my cable provider sucks and it's going a third the speed it should, but you get it.

------------------
-TheDarkDragon
My other car is also a Porsche.