Heavy/Javelin Rocket Poll

Any ways. It all dpends on what you are doing. If you are in a capital ship you would mostly want rockets because you fight bigger ships.If you are in a Clipper you may not need rockets because you fight smaller ships. Although when I'm in a Clipper I preffer to use more powerful weapons which get the job done faster.

And thats all I'm going to say on this topic.(for now)

------------------
if it dosent doesn't
squiel its not worth
killing

Current Stats:

Javelin Rockets - 6 votes
Heavy Rockets - 3 votes

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

President of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url)

I think that javilens are better rocket. If heavies only took one ton each I might go with them.

As someone suggested earlier, I might have a javilen gun in my plugin.

------------------
"Whoopie! Man, that may have been a small one for Neil, but it's a long one for me."
-Pete Conrad third man on the moon

I liked using javilins when I was in a shuttle craft, but no later than that. They are too weak to hit anything hard. Besides, you burn your ammo too fast. (that is obviously not a problem with heavy rockets)

Heavy rockets are like space bombs, but cheaper---hey that'll be a new post.

If you capture ships and steal their javilins, you can go over 999. I have 6700 with my first Kestrel. πŸ™‚

------------------

What the people say is law. There is no honor in the Lands of Mizra.
-Mizra

Originally posted by Loki:
Heavy Rockets are way more fun.

Yeah. I enjoy plinking Confed fighters from the sides and watching the wreck go flying. The knockback is something firepower fans sometimes forget but it's so entertaining. πŸ™‚

What happens if you hit a bulk freighter? Will it go flying?

------------------
"If we shadows have offended, think but this and all is mended ... umm ... something something." -Puck

No, Rawser. Bulk freighters have too much mass, but you already knew that. Right?
Besides, civ ships are (imo) not much fun to play with.

Originally posted by netosa:
No, Rawser. Bulk freighters have too much mass, but you already knew that. Right?
Besides, civ ships are (imo) not much fun to play with.

Hey, it's Rawzer. With a Z. And, no I did not know that because my current ship doesn't have enough mass left over from all of my required upgrades. But your answer made sense.

P.S. Why don't you register? It's completely free, no harrassing e-mails, and a lot more fun.

------------------
I don't care what the moderators say, my nickname is swedish chef.

Originally posted by Rawzer:

P.S. Why don't you register? It's completely free, no harrassing e-mails, and a lot more fun.

Escape Velocity is free? I've had it ever since it was first released, and I still haven't registered :frown: (though I want to). As far as I know, I believe it cost a good twenty to thirty dollars...

------------------
~Captain Skyblade

President of the Corsair Development Team
(url="http://"http://artworks.tmgmedia.net")Corsair Homepage(/url) | (url="http://"http://pub57.ezboard.com/bcorsairdevelopers")Corsair Web Board(/url)

Originally posted by Rawzer:
**Hey, it's Rawzer. With a Z.

Sorry, mistakes do happen.

Originally posted by Captain Skyblade:
**Escape Velocity is free? I've had it ever since it was first released, and I still haven't registered:frown: (though I want to). As far as I know, I believe it cost a good twenty to thirty dollars...

i think he meant register to the web boards πŸ˜‰

------------------
I try to think but nothing happens!- Ultimate Rebel

Originally posted by Ultimate Rebel:
**i think he meant register to the web boards;)

yes, i did. thanx for clearing that up. and I haven't registered EV either. of course now andrew is gonna get me kicked off for saying that. πŸ˜‰

------------------

Originally posted by netosa:
Sorry, mistakes do happen.

i forgive you πŸ˜‰

------------------

Ah, you cheap bastards! I registered 3 years ago! Although I liked that hour counter that exists on the unregistered version, lets you see how much time you spend pissing the night away on EV. πŸ˜‰

Anyway, to the topic at hand, I don't use javelins much, but I love to collect them from pirates and sell them. Makes a good alternate source of income. πŸ˜„

------------------
Honk if you love peace and quiet!

I vote javilen rockets. They're better if you use ev edit and make them homing. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

------------------
Your makeing this to hard on my little brain. Capton Editor Will be avenged. So my little brain can take it then.

Originally posted by Pikeman:
**Ah, you cheap bastards! I registered 3 years ago! Although I liked that hour counter that exists on the unregistered version, lets you see how much time you spend pissing the night away on EV.;)

Anyway, to the topic at hand, I don't use javelins much, but I love to collect them from pirates and sell them. Makes a good alternate source of income. πŸ˜„

I dont have ev but my friend does and he has had it for three years, and still hasent run out of time. πŸ˜‰ πŸ†’ :rolleyes: πŸ˜•

------------------
Your makeing this to hard on my little brain. Capton Editor Will be avenged. So my little brain can take it then.

(This message has been edited by Capton Editors Friend me (edited 05-06-2001).)

Heavy rockets. They do tons of damage, and they are easy to aim. Just get yourself a maneuverable and quick firing platform (like a well upgraded corvette) and Heavy Rockets are great for Spearhead attacks, or for Pythoning. They also have a huge impact, which is useful against light warships and fighters. They also have great range. The only real drawbacks are the horrible firing speed, and the huge amounts of space.

Javelins? Bah. Fast firing, no space, and cheapness does not make up at all for the fact that they do such little damage. I like to make a living raiding pirates for cash in my corvette, and in that profession you need to go after the pirate capital ships (corvettes and kestrels), which carry tons of cash. Javelins suck against capital ships, so I use heavy rockets.

------------------
"quote me, I'm cool, really" -Cone (StarStrafer)
Speculum : An instrument for dilating the opening of a body cavity for medical examination.
Poirot smily lives on

(This message has been edited by BattleDoctor (edited 05-06-2001).)

I find that in my Rebel Cruiser, I don't use either. But for some missions, Javelins are much more useful, like when you need to disable an executive transport. Heavy rockets blow it away into a million charred pieces, and the turrets I use kill it almost instantly. But Javelins, they simply disable it.
Now, sometimes, when you're fighting a Confed cruiser, heavy rockets would be best. However, why not just stock up on something even more powerful that works better on ships like that: Space Bombs?

------------------
YakKa Foob MoG. GRuG
PubbuWuP ZiNk WattooM
GaZoRK. CHuMBLE SpuZz.

Originally posted by Lord Gwydion:
But for some missions, Javelins are much more useful

Well, yes. A weapon's usefulness always depends on what your goal is and your fighting style. Personally I would love a 0 mass space bomb. πŸ˜• πŸ˜„

Originally posted by Lord Gwydion:
**I find that in my Rebel Cruiser, I don't use either. But for some missions, Javelins are much more useful, like when you need to disable an executive transport. Heavy rockets blow it away into a million charred pieces, and the turrets I use kill it almost instantly. But Javelins, they simply disable it.

A single torpedo will disable an Executive Transport instantly.

Back to the topic: I use both of them depending on my ship and my mission, sometimes I use a combination of both (for instance a Lightning or 'Vette). Rockets aren't very fast-firing, but the ammo is cheap and does good damage. They're also easier to hit things with since they have a larger detection radius (meaning they can be triggered from a larger distance away, but not much larger). Javelins are very cheap, fast-firing, and effective against small targets. Rockets are also good when you're an ace unguided weapon aimer like me, as they can level most ships smaller than a Rapier pretty fast (especially Defenders and Confed Patrol Ships). But, as I stated earlier, I like to use a combination. A good way to use both rockets and javelins at the same time is when fighting a Confed Junkboat. One rocket to disable it, and about 10 more javelins to finish it off, with no real loss of javelins since they can be bought en masse easily, and you only lose a single rocket.

You can put me down for both if you like, but particularly I like a Heavy Rocket better.

Β—An insane telepathic cannibal

------------------
Why settle for a $3 pound of pork meat, when you can get up to 50+ pounds of human meat free?