Which is better, Confeds or Rebels?

Bozorg wrote:
It is obvious that the rebels have very few decent planets, Adhara, Palshife, and Emerald.

May I also add Palomino, Beeblebrox, Ursa Minor Beta, Atropos, Lauralee

And all but a couple are decent planets- ones I would have no problems about inhabiting.

On the other hand, the Confederation has planets such as Northstar, New Britain, Plateau, Capella, New Providence, and New Columbia.

So? They also have planets I wouldn't want to set foot on- just like the Rebellion.

And if you wanted to travel from the rebel capital(Palshife)to their main staging station(Sentinel Station) you wold have to cross almost the entire galaxy.

which is a perfect excuse to blow up some more 'Feds

------------------
-Basilisk-

"Dang! Get my shotgun, Mama! The aliens are after the chickens again."

AIM: EVBasilisk

I would like to bring some things up for you people.

Rebels are better BECAUSE... All ships are cheaper, and are worth more than what you buy them for (manta excluded). They are much better for price than any fed ship. And I can safely say, all confed ships are ridiculously over-priced.

These are the AI vs. AI specs, because human Vs. AI will always win.

Manta Vs. Patrol ship... Either one wiill win, depending who shoots the missles first.

Destroyer Vs. Frigate... A rebel destroyer will ALWAYS win undisputably due to it HIGH MANUVERABILITY, the only time it doesn't win is if there is another ship harassing it at the same time. (note, the cheaper and weaker ship seems to win here)

Rebel Cruiser Vs. Confed cruiser.

When an A.I rebel cruiser attacks an A.I Confed cruiser, the fed will win every time. The rebel ship will take the fed's sheilds down to 48% beofre it is blown to dust, HOWEVER... I have seen 2 rebel destroyers take out a fed' cruiser by them selves easily.

------------------
~(^..^)

Basilisk:

I MEANT CRUISERS, DAMMIT.

I USED AI VS. HUMAN BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY OF CONFRONTING HUMAN VS. HUMAN;ONLY AI VS AI OR HUMAN VS. AI.

ANYONE WHO CAN SWITCH BETWEEN TORPEDOES AND FLARES WITH A DECENT SPEED.

MAYBE, BUT ONLY HUMAN SHIPS CAN USE THAT F***** JAMMER.

AND THE ONLY TIME I HAVE SEEN REBELS WIN IN A SYSTEM WITH ASTEROIDS IS WHEN THEY MASSIVELY OUTNUMBER THE CONFEDERATED SHIPS.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MOST OF THOSE "PLANETS" ARE REALLY MOONS. THE LIFE QUALITY ON A GODDAMN MOON CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A FULL FLEDGED PLANET, FOR GREAT GOODNESS. THE GRAVITY IS LOWER ON A MOON(IN MOST CASES).

THOSE CONFED PLANETS YOU MENTION, THE OLY ONES I CAN THINK OF ARE RUBY, NEW SAHARA, AND MAYBE NEW FRANCE.

BUT, IF YOU WANT TO DISCUSS ABOUT PLANETS, THE INDEPENDENT ONES KICK A*S, MAN.

Understand Basilisk that I hold nothing personal against you. I am just defending my pro-Confed ideals. Do not be surprised if I just make up some things in that favor the Β΄Feds.

------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

If everyone wants to know why I am so obssesed with the Federation, hereΒ΄s the reason:

I do not think it is sane to take part in an open and armed revolt against the planet that gave birth to your race. In some way, it is like attacking your parents. I admire how the rebels rose so fast to a position aof power, starting almost from zero, but theri ways do not coincide with my way of doing things.

If their ships are faster, which seems to be what everybody out there thinks is most important, then it is because they were originally designed to conduct SURPRISE RAIDS, not to defend humanityΒ΄s homeworld. πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜› πŸ˜›

hiohiohiohio
------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

(This message has been edited by Bozorg (edited 01-30-2000).)

Cotton Mouse wrote:
Destroyer Vs. Frigate... A rebel destroyer will ALWAYS win undisputably due to it HIGH MANUVERABILITY, the only time it doesn't win is if there is another ship harassing it at the same time. (note, the cheaper and weaker ship seems to win here)

The TRUTH:
You seem to not be paying close attention. The ONLY time a Rebel Destroyer destroys a Confed Frigate is when the Frigate is the only large Confed ship in the system vs. several large Rebel ships.

Cotton Mouse wrote:
Rebel Cruiser Vs. Confed cruiser.
When an A.I rebel cruiser attacks an A.I Confed cruiser, the fed will win every time. The rebel ship will take the fed's sheilds down to 48% beofre it is blown to dust, HOWEVER... I have seen 2 rebel destroyers take out a fed' cruiser by them selves easily.

The TRUTH:
Yes, the Confed Cruiser will wipe out the Rebel Cruiser and yes, two Rebel Destroyers can take out a Confed Cruiser because generally in a two against one fight, the ship in the minority will lose because it must take its opponents out one at a time. What you neglected to mention is the fact that if two Confed Frigates take on a Rebel Cruiser, the Rebel will go down much faster than a Confed Cruiser being attacked by two Rebel Destroyers.

In the end, statistically the Confederation is better. However, in the real world, due to unmeasurable things like heroic causes, public support, successful government (Confeds), groups like the Confederation and the Rebellion would be fairly evenly matched.

Just remember...Confed ships are better.

------------------

If ships are the determinig factor, then answer me this:

Who will produce ships faster:

A highly centralized group of planets with big industries and heavily defended by its Β΄national?Β΄fleet.

Or

A scattered group of planets(many of them moons)constantly being raided by either pirates or Confeds.

------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

Pirates all the way!

But if I was forced to choose between the Rebellion and the Confederation, I would choose the Rebellion, and there are many reasons why:

1. The Rebellion's ships are cheaper, way cheaper.
  2. If you are on in Confederation territory, and have a high rank there, the Rebellions won't start firing on you, unlike the Confederation.
  3. The Rebellion is fighting for a good cause
  4. In my opinion, the Confederation has better ships, but upgrades and good piloting skills take care of that.
  5. Upon completion of Rebellion missions, you get a lot better rewards.
  6. The missions are a lot easier to start because you don't have to visit every single Rebel planet out there.
  7. Two words: Tractor Beam.

Now I am sure there are more reasons, but I haven't played EV in a while so I can't quite remember all of them right now. In my opinion, the Confederates are SOB's and must die at all times, whether you be a pirate, or a rebel, you must not be a Confederate!

(Visit my graphics web site: (url="http://"http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Bridge/6896/")http://www.geocities...re/Bridge/6896/(/url) I update it all the time!)

Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

To look at statistics objectively, you can't really say with good consience that the Rebellion is better.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
4) In my opinion, the Confederation has better ships, but upgrades and good piloting skills take care of that.

-----

Well, if upgrades and piloting skills make the Rebel ships as good as the Confed ships, remember if it were the other way. The Confed ships may get the same upgrades as the Rebels when they are human controlled. Neither may have upgrades when AI controlled, so I assume you are referring to human controlled ships.
Anyway, if a Confed ship had the same upgrades as one of your equivelent Rebel ships. Plus, with more upgrade space, Confed ships can carry a lot more than a Rebel ship.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
5) Upon completion of Rebellion missions, you get a lot better rewards.

-----

The cloaking devices is limited in its uses because of its restrictions and the tractor beam while useful in some cases has its short comings as well. The particle beam on the other hand is devastating in the inventory of Confed Cruiser. The Cruiser has enough fuel (especially with fuel pods) to make the particle beam viable when you combine it with a barrage of proton turret fire. It is indeed a deadly combination.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
2) If you are on in Confederation territory, and have a high rank there, the Rebellions won't start firing on you, unlike the Confederation.

------

The Confederation won't attack en masse if you have a high rating with the Rebels either, only if you have a poor rating with the Confederation.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
7) Two words: Tractor Beam.

-----

My response to this is two words: Particle beam
Taking the impossibility of someone locking onto your ship with a tractor beam, they would be toast if you had the particle beam. Its just that strong when combined with a ship with large fuel tanks.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:

-----

Well, come on. If you pay for an inexpensive craft, expect substandard quality. Refer to my previous post on the strengths of Rebel ships when compared to the Confeds. The Confeds outclass the Rebel ship in almost every way.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
6) The missions are a lot easier to start because you don't have to visit every single Rebel planet out there.

-----

I'm not sure how to take this one, except in the obvious way. You don't have to go to every Confederation world either. Besides, even if you did, you would only have a few jumps to travel because they are so compact, with the exception of Ruby. The Rebels on the other hand, send you to both sides of the galaxy because their systems are spread so far apart.

Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
3) The Rebellion is fighting for a good cause

-----

This is the only point I can agree on. They are fighting for a good cause, but consider since the Confederation no longer holds sway on their worlds, they need not push the issue. The Confeds are doing just fine on their core worlds providing a strong stable government. However, none of these things (for either side) are easily measurable.

I think you should all consider this. I am not pro-Confed or pro-Rebel. I play both sides, so I feel I can safely say these stand points are all fairly logically concluded.

------------------
Live long and perspire,
--Marcus B.
The Monkey

Monkey's Uncle wrote:
To look at statistics objectively, you can't really say with good consience that the Rebellion is better.

yeah i can.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
4) In my opinion, the Confederation has better ships, but upgrades and good piloting skills take care of that.
-----
Well, if upgrades and piloting skills make the Rebel ships as good as the Confed ships, remember if it were the other way. The Confed ships may get the same upgrades as the Rebels when they are human controlled. Neither may have upgrades when AI controlled, so I assume you are referring to human controlled ships.
Anyway, if a Confed ship had the same upgrades as one of your equivelent Rebel ships. Plus, with more upgrade space, Confed ships can carry a lot more than a Rebel ship.

ahh, you must realize that ev is not networkable, therefore if i am a rebel then the confederates can not have upgrades, and must rely on their poor ai piloting skills. i, on the other hand, have piloting skills capable of bringing a cruiser to its knees with only a manta (yes it's hard, but it's feesible)

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
5) Upon completion of Rebellion missions, you get a lot better rewards.
-----
The cloaking devices is limited in its uses because of its restrictions and the tractor beam while useful in some cases has its short comings as well. The particle beam on the other hand is devastating in the inventory of Confed Cruiser. The Cruiser has enough fuel (especially with fuel pods) to make the particle beam viable when you combine it with a barrage of proton turret fire. It is indeed a deadly combination.

dude, the particle beam licks hairy butt crack, it isn't that strong for one, and second it eats up fuel like a drunken hobo. i mean why waste your fuel when you can do the same exact thing with skill and lots of weapons? btw, when i said rewards i was mostly talking about cash, the final mission pays lots more working for the rebellion.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
2) If you are on in Confederation territory, and have a high rank there, the Rebellions won't start firing on you, unlike the Confederation.
------
The Confederation won't attack en masse if you have a high rating with the Rebels either, only if you have a poor rating with the Confederation.

oh yes they will, i know from experience. whenever i'm flying in rebellion territory and have a high, or anything even close to good, rank with that system then the confederate bastards open fire like no tomorrow, and then i am forced to destroy them which screws up my rank with confederates.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
7) Two words: Tractor Beam.
-----
My response to this is two words: Particle beam
Taking the impossibility of someone locking onto your ship with a tractor beam, they would be toast if you had the particle beam. Its just that strong when combined with a ship with large fuel tanks.

three words: particle beam sucks.
considering the tractor beam would render you incapable of moving, you'd have enough time to blast the ship with the puny particle beam before he can even say "particle beam"

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:

-----
    Well, come on. If you pay for an inexpensive craft, expect substandard quality. Refer to my previous post on the strengths of Rebel ships when compared to the Confeds. The Confeds outclass the Rebel ship in almost every way.

if i can get a ship for half the price of another ship, and add in my piloting skills and upgrades to make it just as good as that ship, or even better...why pay the double amount? hmmmm?

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
6) The missions are a lot easier to start because you don't have to visit every single Rebel planet out there.
-----
I'm not sure how to take this one, except in the obvious way. You don't have to go to every Confederation world either. Besides, even if you did, you would only have a few jumps to travel because they are so compact, with the exception of Ruby. The Rebels on the other hand, send you to both sides of the galaxy because their systems are spread so far apart.

aye aye aye aye aye, i've done the confederate missions before, it took me forever to continue on with the main plot because i kept having to visit all the planets looking for another piece to the puzzle...it took way longer than pretty much going straight to palshife every time.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:
3) The Rebellion is fighting for a good cause
-----
This is the only point I can agree on. They are fighting for a good cause,

yes sir they are.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
but consider since the Confederation no longer holds sway on their worlds,

no but if the rebellion lays off, the confederation will continue on with there deprivement of the outside worlds.

Monkey's uncle wrote:
they need not push the issue.

yeah they should defend themselves, i mean it's either:
a) defend themselves, or
πŸ†’ die or become a slave
hmmmm, sounds like you'd choose b πŸ™‚

Monkey's uncle wrote:
The Confeds are doing just fine on their core worlds providing a strong stable government.

yeah but for how long? you're only looking at a piece of the pie...now it's time to see the whole lemon marange πŸ™‚

Monkey's uncle wrote:
However, none of these things (for either side) are easily measurable.

well i've got a tape measure... πŸ™‚

Monkey's uncle wrote:
I think you should all consider this. I am not pro-Confed or pro-Rebel. I play both sides, so I feel I can safely say these stand points are all fairly logically concluded.

not anymore they aren't

Monkey's uncle wrote:
------------------
Live long and perspire

i'm doing that right now πŸ™‚

------------------
Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

My God, I can't believe you people who say with a straight face that the Confederation Frigate is actually BETTER than the Rebel Destroyer. What shocks me even more is that some of you coughcough Jericon and others coughcough actually BELIEVE IT. Well, if there's nothing else I'm going to drill into your heads in this string, it is that the Rebel Destroyer is the undisputed superior to the Confederation Frigate. I can tell you all without a doubt that in EVERY one-on-one Rebel Destroyer vs Confed Frigate battle I've seen, the Destroyer ALWAYS emerges the winner. Of course, that probably won't be enough to convice most of you. So to prove my point, I will now make the ULTIMATE case for the Rebel Destroyer, and close the issue once and for all. As I said before, if you LOOK at the stats between the 2, you'd be surprised. Now watch, and be enlightened......

REBEL DESTROYER VS. CONFED FRIGATE

FUEL
Confed Frigate: 3 jumps
Rebel Destroyer: 4 jumps

SPEED

Confed Frigate: 150
Rebel Destroyer: 300 (twice as fast)

ACCELERATION

Confed Frigate: 375
Rebel Destroyer: 560

TURNING

Confed Frigate: 2
Rebel Destroyer: 3

SHIELDS/ARMOR

Confed Frigate: 250/50
Rebel Destroyer: 200/50

MAX GUNS/TURRETS

Confed Frigate: 6/3
Rebel Destroyer: 5/4 (that's right, the Destroyer can outfit MORE turrets)

RECHARGE RATE:

Confed Frigate: 240
Rebel Destroyer: 100 (hmmm, twice as better....again?)

WEAPON SPACE:

Confed Frigate: 60
Rebel Desroyer: 80

Confed Frigate:

WEAPONARY:

Confed Frigate: 2 Proton Turrets, 1 rocket launcher & 6 heavy rockets, 2 torpedo launchers & 6 torpedoes, 2 missile racks & 10 missiles

Rebel Destroyer: 2 Proton Turrets: 1 rocket launcher & 6 heavy rockets, 2 torpedo launchers & 12 torpedoes, 2 missile racks & 10 missiles

PRICE TAG:

Confed Frigate: 5 million credits
Rebel Destroyer: 2.8 million credits

Ok, so now you've seen the entire picture. The Rebel Destroyer has superior speed, superior shield regeneration, more jumps, more weapon space, MORE STOCK WEAPONS, more turret space. Only in the shield and crew area is the Frigate superior, evey As if ALL that weren't enough, the Destroyer is nearly HALF the cost of the Frigate, and yet it surpasses in Confederation Frigate in nearly all areas. Not bad for a mere "modified Argosy", yes?

Now that you've seen the facts all lined up, things seem a bit more clear now don't they? That is my case for the Rebel Destroyer, and guess what guys, it CANNOT be denied. All of the above is based on sheer plain and simple fact straight from EV, the evidence cannot be rebutted.

To summarize, the Confederation Frigate cannot hold a candle to the Rebel Destroyer. You've seen the case for it, the facts speak for themselves.

Now, about some of the other claims:

Somebody wrote that the Fed Cruiser has more firepower. That may be true, but lets be serious here, and at least admit that the Cruiser is slower than flowing molasses. I also don't agree with the assumption the Cruiser is better armed, when you consider that the Rebel Cruiser has rockets while the Fed one does not. Basically, what redeems the Fed Cruiser is its large arsenal (quantity is sometimes a greater force than quality) and large shielding. If you had the shields of the 2 Cruisers on a level playing field, I think you'd have a different story.

About the particle beam: Its a good weapon I agree. But again, it burns too much fuel to be practical.

About Jericon's fighter analysis: The Manta and Patrol ship are equal, and the gunboat can't hold water to the Lightnings or Rapier. Also, in my opinion the Fed Gunboat sacrifices too much speed for firepower's sake, which is all too often the case with most Confed vessels.

So there it is, the ultimate case for the Rebel Destroyer. Rebut me on those stats if you wish, I will be glad to rebut you back and make you look foolish. πŸ™‚ j/k

UE Crusader

------------------

It's True, if you've ever actually been in a system with only 1 frigate and 1 destroyer, the rebel will ALWAYS win. If it doesn't, you have altered your data file, or are using a plug in like pale, which makes the frigate much better armed.

------------------
~(^..^)

Rebel Destroyer vs. Frigate:
I've played EV for several years now, and I've seen both the Destroyer and the Frigate win in an one on one fight.
However, three times out of four, the Frigate wins.

But consiider this:
Frigate price: 5000000
Destroyer Price: 2800000
(these numbers are straight out of the standard EV data files)

You can have almost two destroyers for the price of a Frigate.

Zarquon

------------------
Zarquon

UE Crusader wrote:
Ok, so now you've seen the entire picture. The Rebel Destroyer has superior speed, superior shield regeneration, more jumps, more weapon space, MORE STOCK WEAPONS, more turret space. Only in the shield and crew area is the Frigate superior, evey As if ALL that weren't enough, the Destroyer is nearly HALF the cost of the Frigate, and yet it surpasses in Confederation Frigate in nearly all areas. Not bad for a mere "modified Argosy", yes?

Now that you've seen the facts all lined up, things seem a bit more clear now don't they? That is my case for the Rebel Destroyer, and guess what guys, it CANNOT be denied. All of the above is based on sheer plain and simple fact straight from EV, the evidence cannot be rebutted.

To summarize, the Confederation Frigate cannot hold a candle to the Rebel Destroyer. You've seen the case for it, the facts speak for themselves.

-----

Ok, you claim these are solid facts, but even as they are numbers, one cannot form a conclusion without logical follow-ups that fill in the blanks of a purely factual argument. To make one additional point before I continue, 75% of the time, a Confederate Frigate will win in a one on one fight with a Destroyer. For those of you like Crusader, who can't understand this, one-on-one mean Destroyer vs. Frigate and none of those pesky little Manta fighter flying around shooting missiles as is common.

Anyway, to conclude from the facts, in an AI vs. AI battle which is the only way to create a comparison, because most likely, a human will win any battle if they have a ship comparable to these because it will be decked out with weapons. In an AI vs. AI battle, hold space is irrelevant as is the number of max. guns and turrets. When taken as a human ship, the Confed Frigate is still superior. True it has less space for upgrades, but since it can outfit ONE less turret and one more gun, this is okay, considering as well, the Frigate has 60 tons of cargo space, compared to the Destroyers' 30 tons.

Getting back to the point, a Frigate will always win an AI on AI fight because the weapons are evenly matched. It doesn't take more than six torpedoes to take out a Destroyer, so more is overkill. The Frigate is more powerful simply because of the reason you off-handedly toss out the window. Its superior shields/armor will win a battle for it against a similarly armed ship such as the Destroyer because it can handle that extra amount of punishment in order to hang on.

Other things in your post had their flaws as well. The Confed Cruiser is the most powerful non-alien ship in the game. It may be slow, but it has an amazing arsenal. In response to what Jeremy Woodruff said about this:

Monkey's uncle wrote:
Jeremy Woodruff wrote:

-----

if i can get a ship for half the price of another ship, and add in my piloting skills and upgrades to make it just as good as that ship, or even better...why pay the double amount? hmmmm?

-----

Lets think about this one Jeremy. If your piloting skills and upgrades would make your ship equal to a Confed ship remember you have to pay for those upgrades. This severely increases the prices since many upgrades that would help in this cause are expensive. Also, alternatively, a human controlled Confed ship like your Rebel ship would easily outclass a Rebel ship if it had all the upgrades and piloting skills you mention. Human vs. AI is an unfair test since humans win nearly every time. In an AI vs. AI battle, a Confed Cruiser and its fighters can toast a Rebel Cruiser and a flight of Mantas easily and then go on for more.

As to Crusader's comments about Gunboats. They are deceivingly powerful and can kick the snot out of a lightning and give a rapier a run for its money.

That's all for now. More later.

------------------
Live long and perspire,
--Marcus B.
The Monkey

Well, I don't know what to say to you.

The Destroyer has less price, more speed, more firepower, more of practically everything. In EVERY one-on-one I've seen (with no other ships, yes I know what that means :p), the Destroyer wins hands down my good friend.

------------------

Essentially though, there's not a whole lot of difference. Since the Rebel Destroyer's speed isn't Lightning high, it can't run circles around the Frigate and avoid torpedoes, so the shield/armor edge is still an all important factor and true, when considering a purchase the extra 2.2 million on the price tag is a lot, but considering that when you get that far in the game, 2.2 million credits is small cash its not too much to ask for the additional protection and cargo space (allowing you to make that 2.2 million back quicker). And I don't see where you're getting it has more firepower. They both have the same missile count and proton turret count. All the Destroyer has up is two heavy rockets (which are practically useless because even a Frigate can avoid them) and six torpedoes which are overkill since the six on the Frigate are more than enough to take out a Destroyer when combine with its turrets.

HOWEVER, I can't force you to change your opinion and the Destroyer does win on occasion. So we'll leave it at that. You can think the Destroyer is superior and I can think the Frigate is superior and supposedly, we can both be right since it is by some accounts a matter of opinion.

Sorry about the crack about one-on-one.

------------------
Live long and perspire,
--Marcus B.
The Monkey

(This message has been edited by yourmonkey (edited 01-31-2000).)

yourmonkey wrote:

Ok, you claim these are solid facts, but even as they are numbers, one cannot form a conclusion without logical follow-ups that fill in the blanks of a purely factual argument.

(/B)

Well, guy, please spare the Freud here(sorry, had to say that). Now, what I mean is that his entire post is correct. To every single period. The frigate is one of the most viciuos ships in the entire game. It practically stays on the same spot and unloads missiles and torpedoes really fast. If you get close, then it sends rockets and turrets. But as he mentions, in an AI vs. AI battle, only standard equipment, shields and armor are what matters, because both ships only stare each other and unload ever single weapon. This may seem a little redundant, but two poinions are stronger than one. If anyone wants to see this kind of comparison, then go to Spica or Turin and just waint until the only military ships are Frigate and destroyer; or Cruser and Cruiser.

------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

The rebel destroyers speed is actually very high, and can easilly out run torps, and with upgrades can out run missles, and has the manuverability of a fighter. And yes, in a 1 on 1 battle, the rebel destroyer wins againt a frigate.

------------------
~(^..^)

Cotton Mouse wrote:
**The rebel destroyers speed is actually very high, and can easilly out run torps, and with upgrades can out run missles, and has the manuverability of a fighter. And yes, in a 1 on 1 battle, the rebel destroyer wins againt a frigate.

Well, I donΒ΄t know how many honorable members have established that the only fair comparison is an AI vs. AI battle. If you say that a destroyer can outrun torpedoes, then you must be flying it yourself. In case you have not noticed, all both ships do during a firefight is move inside an imaginary elliptical shape, so speed should not be very important.

------------------
--------------------
Always loyal
to the Confederation

OK, lets quit arguing about the destroyer and the frigate... most times i watch the two fight it is so close that it doesn't matter...and about 50 percent the time i see both of them get disabled (at which time i board both their ships πŸ™‚ ).

To sum it up, they are very very very close to equal that it doesn't matter.

But with the argument against the Rebellion and the Confederation... you should pick which side you're by not looking at what weapons are better, but what cause is better.

take the confederation, they're power hungry, don't give a damn about the average day human being (or goat for that matter) and will do whatever they please.

take the rebellion, a more down to earth group (i don't mean that literally) fighting for humanity in a cause that is more than rightous (sp?).

now if you are comparing the rebellion's tangeable items, with the confederations tangeable items... then you'll find that the confederation wins. but that doesn't really matter, when i could kick any confederate's butt in my kestrel with heavy rockets, missiles, and about 4 turrets.

the point is...take the rebellion and the confederation...tangeably they are really close to equal and it doesn't matter...the only thing you have to choose, is which one is fighting for a right cause.

------------------
Jeremy Woodruff as,
THE WHITE SHADOW

Basilisk wrote:
** <font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial" color="808BAD">Bozorg wrote:
It is obvious that the rebels have very few decent planets, Adhara, Palshife, and Emerald. </font>

May I also add Palomino, Beeblebrox, Ursa Minor Beta, Atropos, Lauralee

And Rupert, Clotho Prime (Sorta), and Zaphod (Mmmmm, party)...

And all but a couple are decent planets- ones I would have no problems about inhabiting.

<font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial" color="808BAD">On the other hand, the Confederation has planets such as Northstar, New Britain, Plateau, Capella, New Providence, and New Columbia.</font>

So? They also have planets I wouldn't want to set foot on- just like the Rebellion.

And who the hell would want to live on New Providence...It's the same thing as Spica, (Mining Colony), Except you can breathe the air...

<font size="1" face="Geneva, Verdana, Arial" color="808BAD">And if you wanted to travel from the rebel capital(Palshife)to their main staging station(Sentinel Station) you wold have to cross almost the entire galaxy. </font>

which is a perfect excuse to blow up some more 'Feds

Too, the description says, "...In THIS SECTOR OF SPACE..." Um, Sentinal Station isn't near Palshife. Sorry...

------------------
All hail the Keeper Of Souls, owner of all things true!