alpha: a word of praise

Well, after spending many hours at finding the right color for the edge pixels used in my animations (I even tried doing it without anti-aliasing), I finally tried to use the alpha channel to make the edge pixels transparent. And, voila, I got myself a great looking animation without distortion at the edges!

I can even make ghosts and let characters have semi transparent shadows! This really rocks!

The only drawback is that it looks wierd in the animation window, but what the heck...

(And the only thing I would like to know right now is what the center and scale buttons do, but I believe nobody does... )

------------------

(This message has been edited by jeroen goulooze (edited 05-06-2003).)

Cool!

I have a gate that goes up when the Player steps on an image. To do that, I needed to offset the animation. I offset it so much, that I couldn't see the specs (like -345,-256). I hit the "center" and the window centered the image for me so I could see it. Haven't used "scale" yet, but suspect that it might change the size of the image. That would be cool if you had a bird flying south and getting bigger and then getting smaller again as it flies north. Haven't tried that though.

I made the animation into an item (special). I launch the item when the map loads. (Placing it properly takes some math.) When the Player steps on the tile (which is really the animation at 0, 0), the gate goes up. Like a charm. Humm, I could have another animation at 0,0 as part of the gate animation so that the step-on tile could click and go down too. Just like Zelda. Didn't think of that until now.

------------------
-- Debra
Danillitphil Productions