stackOverflowException etc.

Hi fellow creatives...
1:
is there any source (apart from this board and maybe the mailing list to which I just prescribed) where I can info on failure notices in Coldstone and what they mean/how to solve them?
2:
This is what I got:
An exception of class stack OverfolwException was not handled. The application must shut down.

Any wise suggestions are highly appreciated!

------------------
"Get back to work, you slacker!" - Duke Nukem

Wim,

I have know idea but Cafall, RD or Stark may know. They will want to know this:

Your operating system.
Version of Coldstone.
What you were doing (Precisely) when it crashed.

There may be more, but answer those for now, and one of those guys will fix you up. Good luck. ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------
CI-I@()s

Okay, thanks for the quick response.

OS 9.0.4
Coldstone version 1.0.1
What I was trying to do:
Build and Launch. The problem does not occur if I just Launch.

I have modified the tutorial game, replaced and deleted pictures, locations pics and defs, I use no tiles but large 2000x2000 backgrounds with items (i.e. trees and such) in a seperate layer, as far as I know all links are functional and no left over links remain. All pics are the right format, location pics are 16bits .PCT...I can't think of any more relevant info for the Wise...

------------------

I can't be sure, but i think that you are getting the general error. i.e. whenever something unexplainable happens, CS spews that up. Hmmm.... this is odd. I don't think it would have to do with the plug code (missing pics, ect.) because it doesn't go into "event a" and say where is the picture for stamp "coolstamp" when it compiles. Because you can launch it, this supports that it isn't plug code also. Beyond this, I'm not sure. I say wait for Stark, Cafall, or numerous others who know the answer. I hope you can get it licked. One last thing: Did this occur repeatedly, or did you only try it once?

------------------
CI-I@()s

Originally posted by CI-Ia0s:
**One last thing: Did this occur repeatedly, or did you only try it once?

Oh man, I feel so stupid!
I meant Build release instead of Build and launch.
I tried it once, and since you asked, I've just tried it (without changing a thing) once more, and everything works fine! I didn't know I have to try the same thing several times in Coldstone :frown: I guess it must be a bug or something? Thanks for helping me out, you must be one of the Wise yourself ๐Ÿ™‚ and I just learned a valuable lesson ๐Ÿ˜‰

------------------

It is ok. I once changed the name of an item in my map. I opened it and it gave me the error. I then reopened without a problem. Thats where I got the idea. Glad your game is working!

------------------
CI-I@()s

Hi Wim,

I just have a question for you when you selected 'Build Release' did you check the boxes for both a Carbon and a Classic version of your game? If so, you might have replicated a problem I had a while back and sortof managed to fix.

If this crops up again and you are unable to fix it, deleteing your Config file should fix the problem, although you will have to reset all of your globals, interface, etc.

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

Originally posted by Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus:
**Hi Wim,

I just have a question for you when you selected 'Build Release' did you check the boxes for both a Carbon and a Classic version of your game? If so, you might have replicated a problem I had a while back and sortof managed to fix.
If this crops up again and you are unable to fix it, deleteing your Config file should fix the problem, although you will have to reset all of your globals, interface, etc.
-Andiyar

Yes, both were checked. Although your remedy sounds very ominous to me, I'll copy and archive it in case I need it later (I hope not). Thanks!

------------------

I run into a lot of random error messages like that when I'm fiddling intensively, especially in the layout editors though sometimes I'll try to rename something and an exception of classyaddayaddayadda will occur. I just relaunch and keep at it and everything's usually fine.

------------------
" Turn towards the trees! "
"What trees? There's ******* trees EVERYWHERE!!!"
- A friend and I sailing one lazy afternoon. I was out of my mind with exasperation at my friend's steering ability.