Can NPC's Attack Each other?

In Coldstone, is it possible for NPC's to attack each other and have hit
points and not have them attack the player that is playing the game. I
need this to make it so that there is a town that defends itself from other NPC's and they can die while defending it.

------------------
Thanks
GrahamVH

I'm afraid that it is not currently possible to have NPC's attack each other in Coldstone created games. There are essentially two types of NPCs: passive, and aggressive. The passive ones are the kind that make up the shopkeepers, people etc. of the world, whilst the aggressive ones are those who attack the player. There is currently no way to make NPC's that would either aid the player, or attack other NPCs.

Apparently this feature is technically supported by Coldstone, but the user cannot access it. Hopefully it will be addressed some time later, with a patch or somesuch. 🙂

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

I really hope that this is addressed too, because I need to create defenders. The only workaround I can think of is to set up stationary animations as the defenders and have the attackers run through the "defenders'" line of fire, falling victim to events that would make them die. This might work well enough for a huge battle from a high castle wall, but anywhere else... probably not. Then there's the problem of coordinating bolts with deaths, but the effect could potentially be very convincing. Forget hand-to-hand though...

------------------
Non cognosco quo modo dicere linguam latinam bene.

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 04-30-2002).)

Then again, fights between stationary guards and attackers may be possible to do convincingly, but I haven't been able to get the animation related actions to work very well.

------------------
Non cognosco quo modo dicere linguam latinam bene.