Favourite RPG

Yay!

With this post, the board is now 4 pages long.

------------------
'The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day when they start making vacuum cleaners'

Originally posted by Beeblebrox:
**Yay!

With this post, the board is now 4 pages long.

This post is all that is here to keep me interrested at 11:00?!? Oh goodness! I got my hopes up for a post that will tell you what you'll already know by the time you go to read it. It contradicts itself. If you didn't post it, there would still only be 3 pages. But you posted us something that tells the topic has four pages now. It's a waste of precious bytes and time! Oy! I'm not being mean, it's hard to tell the tone of the text. I'm just responding to this because I have nothing better to do. Oh well, that was a good waste of time. I'm going to go to sleep now.

------------------

Originally posted by Kireck L:
**This post is all that is here to keep me interrested at 11:00?!? Oh goodness! I got my hopes up for a post that will tell you what you'll already know by the time you go to read it. It contradicts itself. If you didn't post it, there would still only be 3 pages. But you posted us something that tells the topic has four pages now. It's a waste of precious bytes and time! Oy! I'm not being mean, it's hard to tell the tone of the text. I'm just responding to this because I have nothing better to do. Oh well, that was a good waste of time. I'm going to go to sleep now.

Oh, I see!
You're making a useless post by complaining about my useless post.
Makes sense :rolleyes:

------------------
'The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day when they start making vacuum cleaners'

I just got Baldurs Gate.
Hee hee hee its so much fun.

------------------

Originally posted by Beeblebrox:
**I just got Baldurs Gate.
Hee hee hee its so much fun.

Which one? BG I or BGII?

Mind you, they're both great games.... from what I know from playing at a friends house. :frown:

-Andiyar

------------------
"Any good that I may do here, let me do now, for I may not pass this way again"

(This message has been edited by Tarnฤ‡lion Andiyarus (edited 11-20-2001).)

Baldur's Gate is da bomb.. ๐Ÿ˜› pheer my paladin!

------------------
We tell stories of heroes to remind ourselves that we too can be great.

Originally posted by Celchu:
**Baldur's Gate is da bomb..:p pheer my paladin!

Yeah, I got BGI.

Paladins rock!!!!

------------------

Secret of Mana. (Seiken Densetsu 2)

God I love this game. mainly because of its battle system. Turn based fighting pisses me off to no end, and while i tolerate it for some games i like, I much prefer SoM where you stab your enemy, then gasp DODGE. use your mad jooky skills (and the speed up spell) to dance circles around enemies, instead of standing still and letting them hit you. that and i love the music

and for anyone who knows, what the hell gender is the sprite child? text keeps saying "he" but it doesn't at all resemble anything male.

------------------

Originally posted by PhoenixAzul:
**Secret of Mana. (Seiken Densetsu 2)
and for anyone who knows, what the hell gender is the sprite child? text keeps saying "he" but it doesn't at all resemble anything male.

It is a boy. ๐Ÿ˜›

------------------

if they count...
Diablo 2
Zelda64: Ocarina of Time (better than Majora's Mask in my opinion)
and from what Ive seen so far, PoG is a great one too. Too damn bad im broke or else we might see that on my list.

Heh, my fav rap video (I hate most rap) is on. Break ya neck cmon, break ya neck cmon, break ya neck cmon. lol!!

------------------
New and improved, Df only attends the Cythera boards for some odd reason

I can't believe this. 4 pages of favorite RPGs and NO ONE mentioned Lufia II. What a great game.

------------------

Originally posted by Catfish_Man:
**I can't believe this. 4 pages of favorite RPGs and NO ONE mentioned Lufia II. What a great game.

yeah, that gane isn't too bad.

------------------

Baulders Gate is my favourite on the comp. My favourite consol(sp) game would have to be Final Fantasy 4,5, and 9 (although I don't have a ps2 so I've only seen my friend play 9...but talk about amazing).

(/edit/ Fixed a few errors /edit/)
------------------
Owning your base since 1998.

(This message has been edited by cezarmyth (edited 12-28-2001).)

Originally posted by cezarmyth:
Baulders Gate is my favourite on the comp.
(/edit/ Fixed a few errors /edit/)

I just got baldurs gate 2. It's even better.

------------------
'It's dark. You might be eaten by a Grue.'

I want Baulders Gate 2 so bad..... It says on the box that you can import your characters. Does that mean I can start the game with a level 5 mage? Does that also mean that people that don't import their characters will be at a disadvantage because they have to start from level 1???? Sorry for all of the questions but I really want the game ๐Ÿ™‚ .

p.s. Is Baulders Gate 2 multiplayer??

p.p.s. ok, ok, no more questions.

------------------
Owning your base since 1998.

Well, with BG 2 you do start with the level you reached in BG. But the game is meant to be hard enough for that level. If you start a new game, you get a fixed number of EXP for free. This puts most characters at about the level you would get from BG 1. However, there are some other 'benefits' from importing.... ๐Ÿ™‚

------------------
"Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear's path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." - Muad'Dib

Originally posted by cezarmyth:
**p.s. Is Balders Gate 2 multiplayer??

Yes, it is.

------------------
'It's dark. You might be eaten by a Grue.'

Well, i'd have to say that... i love Septerra Core. it's a peecee only game but oh does it rock... i got it for $1 at a yard sale and i'm addicted now... otherwise Final Fantasy 7, Chrono Trigger, and Exile 3 (i like the outdoorsy thing much better than the cave-crawling thing).

Divals

------------------
Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup?
What do you get if you take a cat and mix it together?
"Watson, you ass. Someone has stolen our tent."
(url="http://"mailto:micahg@microserve.net")mailto:micahg@microserve.net(/url)micahg@microserve.net

Console Game: Secret of Mana, I liked the battle system and the music but the best thing was the MultiPlay! I had lots of fun playing this game with my friends (for example, instead (as you would almost always do in a FF game) of going up some levels after you lost against a boss you would make a tactic with your friends/friend and if that didn't beat the boss you came up with a better one. BTW, Sprite is a guy. Clearly. Ok, he might not look so much like it(but actually it is just the long hair) but what he do and what happenbs in the game clearly show that he's a guy(Otherwise how could the princess be his girlfriend?).

Computer Game: Fallout, it is so cool. You can do what you want! And that's the best thing with this cool game, but the feel of it is also great. I've completed this game in any way I can possibly think of(dieing in diffrent ways, stopping the mutants, become a mutant etc) but I still sometimes play to test how people(in the game) react if I do this or that. One other game that has just releasntly been released that I really like is Geneforge, becouse of the freedom(not as much as in Fallout but much more than most RPG's) and the cool story. I dont think PoG is that great(now I will get flamed) becouse of:
Battle System(It's cool that it is realtime, but in for example SoM you dodge your enemie, here you just slash-parry till the enemy slash-slash etc)
Speed of engine(It goes slow and sloppy on a g3 with a Voodoo 5, and its a 2d game that doesn't have really cool graphics)
Freedom(I would like more freedom, but this is not a big flaw).
But it's a bit fun but I dont think I will buy it.

Pen and paper: Not played many of them but I've played Vampire "live" and that rocked!

originally posted by Catfish_Man I can't believe this. 4 pages of favorite RPGs and NO ONE mentioned Lufia II. What a great game.

It is so great that I can't even find it at used game stores anymore.