"Dump and Run" tactic

A simple strategy for Gaitori which I frequently use. It's pretty easy to figure out for yourself, but what the hey. Build a huge force of gunships. Have all of them target you. Approach an enemy force, planet, or station in hyper. Drop out at long range and wait for all of the gunships to fire once or twice. Hyper back to the safety of your station, planet, or an asteroid field. Repeat several times. This should stir up much chaos among the fleet targeted, and is a good preparation for a major engagement.

Note: A Gaitori gunship WHEN PILOTED BY A HUMAN is one of the best ships for one-on-one or one-on-several combat. I have beaten three Human gunships at once with a Gaitori gunship.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

"Then we'll do it real quiet-like."
-Han Solo

This is also effective with Cantharan gunship/cruiser squads (gunship:cruiser ratio 1:3). If you have three of these squads, you can wreak havoc on an enemy fleet: The gunships will fire off a few antimatter blasts, which will miss and split into their seperate parts, and confuse as well as damage the victims fleet. The cruisers will cloak and fire off shots at random, further disorienting the fleet. Stay in battle for no more than ten seconds, then flee. This can be particularly devastating on a bunker station, espicially if the skirmish fleet is closely followed by an assult transport.

Hmm. My favorite fleet combination for Cantharans is
2 Carriers (for the rickets and anti-fighter weaponry)
8 Cruisers (To disorient and shoot up the smaller enemy ships)
3 schooners (To distract enemy vessels. They'd rather attack the Schooner than the undefended carrier 😉 )
4 Gunships (Sheer firepower)

Granted I rarely have the resources or shipyards to make such a grand fleet, but I never have lost with this combo.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance

Um, ya sorta can't build schooners in multiplayer...

------------------
"I can ail what cures you."

True.

That's pretty much what my Cantharan fleets are like, Slug, excepting the Schooners which magically appear in your games. (Given your programming and Ares mutating prowess, I wouldn't cast aside the possibility that you could actually do that.)

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

"Then we'll do it real quiet-like."
-Han Solo

Um ya, it's fairly easy. I've made a cute little level where I play Cantharan vs. Audemedon. The Cantharans start out with lots of ships but very few planets and resources. The Audemedons have a lot of planets and resources and only a few fighters.

------------------
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for an hour... Set him on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
-Polaris Confederate Recruitmant Theme
StarLance