Creating quicktime not so quick?

I realise you will need ALOT of pations <wrong spelling when creating your very own rpg using coldstone. But it will just be impossible if I want to put in some quicktime movies to get the story going. Now I have pixels 3d studio 4 and I have tried and believe me it takes forever even just to create a human looking face let alone animating a stripper at a lap dancing club for my rpg. So I would like to know will Coldstone have a easy and quick to use movie generator. Because if it doesn't my erotic rpg will never be finished damn those ****in movies :mad:

------------------
dead

Originally posted by death_himself:
**So I would like to know will Coldstone have a easy and quick to use movie generator.

I hesitate whether to even reply to this, but... shrug

No, Coldstone will not have built-in 3d rendering and media creation tools.

If you want to animate 3d people quickly and easily, get a copy of Poser.

If you want to animate 3d people well and have them look like different individuals, get a copy of Animation: Master.

Pixels 3d might be able to make people with a ton of work, but either of the above would make your job much easier.

------------------
“If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?” - T.H. Huxley

Glenn: Is that Hash animation master you speak of?

DarkBlade senses sanehatter will jump in soon

Whats the price of hash?
Is it hard to use?
Can you still get Poser, being as metacreations ditched it? Or did somebody else pick it up?

------------------
Apple Computer - The name of microsoft's research and development division
--------------------------------
Make sure you visit the Coldstone Hotline Server run by GlueBubble. The IP is:

Will Coldstone still support in-game animations, such as the automatic movement of sprites on the map a la SNES RPGs? If anything, this will be an easy alternative to move the plot if flashy graphics are too difficult.

~Saphfire

Originally posted by DarkBlade:
**Is that Hash animation master you speak of?
Whats the price of hash?
Is it hard to use?
Can you still get Poser, being as metacreations ditched it? Or did somebody else pick it up?

1)Yes
2)$299
3)Ask Sanehatter, I don't have $299 to spend 🙂
4)I don't know if anyone's picked it up, but you should be able to find a copy somewhere... maybe still in stock at MacMall, MacWarehouse or the like.

------------------
“If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?” - T.H. Huxley

Originally posted by DarkBlade:
**Can you still get Poser, being as metacreations ditched it? Or did somebody else pick it up?

Yep. Poser moved to Curious Labs:
(url="http://"http://www.curiouslabs.com/")http://www.curiouslabs.com/(/url)

Cheers,

-bc

------------------

No, Animation Master is not hard to use in comparison to other 3D programs. Like any 3D tool though, the most important part of the equation is lots of time and dedication. Expect probably 6 months to a year of dedicated use before you start creating things you won't be ashamed of if you're brand new to the 3D animation field.

------------------

oh, and be ready for some crashes. good program, but AM isn't going to win any "most stable application" awards in the near future. AM is what happens when programers manage themselves... but it gets a little better with every upgrade. hell, in 8.5 I only had to trash my preferences once a week. I still remember the days of AM6, where I just kept my OS8.5 CD in my drive because I'd have to reinstall the system every two days.

and also: though AM is incredibly good for organic modeling + animation, it ain't so wonderful for inorganics and set building. So, keep that copy of pixels 3D or Canoma or whatever handy and be prepared for some fun with import/export.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

I personally like Animation Master, but most of my money goes to things other than 3D software. I picked up AM really quickly, but I had a lot of experience with Ray Dream and basically spent an entire week doing nothing but familiarizing myself with it.

Jmitchell's correct in that AM isn't the best for non-organic stuff. That's fine for me, I personally find people to be much more interesting than architecture, spaceships, or landscapes.

As far as stability is concerned, well, my machine crashes a lot anyways. I have a special extensions set for AM, and the only two third-party utilties in that set are Snapz Pro and Action Files. It seems relatively stable on that setup. Of course, I have an different extensions sets for internet use, typesetting, pro tools, logic/midi/etc, and a few other uses. If I try to use AM on my general-purpose extension set, it does become rather unstable.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.

sanehatter has a point -- I should mention that my system is just about anything but uniform and/or stable to begin with, so my results may not be the norm. still, a friend of mine runs a whole studio strictly on AM, and they have a monthly tally going for who had to trash their preferences folder the most times. Still, if you want characters and you want them quickly, AM is the way to go. pluss, it's only $200, so just about anybody can afford it. Well, maybe not anybody...

side note: though the package itself is only $200, the "Guide to Animation Master" book that you need to buy if you want to learn it efficiently is about $60 (last time I checked Amazon). So, you're getting semi-ripped off anyway.

------------------
Do not follow me for I may not lead. Do not lead for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me the hell alone.
-Jedi

AM is actually $300. I got the Guide to AM '98 book on ebay for $10 shipped. I do recommend the training video set, another $50 or so, because there's nothing to help you learn to model better than seeing how an expert cranks out a vicious looking demon-dog in about two minutes flat. After I saw that and picked my jaw up off the floor, I went back into AM and all of a sudden the modeller made a lot more sense to me. Seeing how bone setups work, in action, is also very useful.

------------------
People who claim the sky is falling obviously aren't aware the earth is falling, too.

Originally posted by sanehatter:
**AM is actually $300. I got the Guide to AM '98 book on ebay for $10 shipped. I do recommend the training video set, another $50 or so, because there's nothing to help you learn to model better than seeing how an expert cranks out a vicious looking demon-dog in about two minutes flat. After I saw that and picked my jaw up off the floor, I went back into AM and all of a sudden the modeller made a lot more sense to me. Seeing how bone setups work, in action, is also very useful.

Where art thou, my HL friend?

------------------
And so the problem remained; lots of people were mean, and most of them were miserable, even the ones with digital watches. Many were increasingly of the opinion that they had all made a big mistake in coming down from the trees in the first place. And some said that the trees had been a bad move and that no one should ever have left the oceans. - Douglass Adams

damn. that's a hell of a lot cheaper than the last time I saw the AM book for a while. oh, and sorry about the $200 price listing. that was a typo that I missed. the videos are definetely key, too. a friend of mine gives a demo of his rigging on that set (if it's the same one I have). and as for theKestrel's request for AM over Hotline, it won't work. you need a CD key. I haven't found anyone who's cracked that yet (although I'm sure it's possible).

------------------
-Jedi

god I hate you ****ing people

------------------
dead

Originally posted by death_himself:
**god I hate you ****ing people
<plus a half-dozen similar but longer rants elsewhere on the boards>

If you really hate the people here, by all means leave. We welcome anyone who posts in a friendly, coherent manner; if you're feeling unwelcomed, rest assured that it's a direct reflection upon your actions thus far.

(A thought for whichever mod/admin has done all of the neat scripting stuff here on this board: How about a "maximum censoring" setup? The boards that allow IMG tags set a limit of 8 images per post (if more, the post is rejected); how about setting up a similar "max censoring" limit? If you post with more than, say, four ****-words, reject the post with the message "Your message contained too much profanity. Please click the Back button and tone down your language." It's a little close to Big Brother, but it's looking like it would probably help things out around here.)

puts on fireproof gray dragon scale mail and amulet of reflection, wields the +7 Trollsbane.

------------------

I take great pleasure in announcing that death_himself now has a karma of -10. This is pretty amazing considering he's been registered for a mere 21 days and has posted only 17 times. The -10 karma score means that he can no longer post using that account until someone takes pity on him and raises it a point. Unlikely, IMO.

------------------

Originally posted by sanehatter:
**I take great pleasure in announcing that death_himself now has a karma of -10. This is pretty amazing considering he's been registered for a mere 21 days and has posted only 17 times. The -10 karma score means that he can no longer post using that account until someone takes pity on him and raises it a point. Unlikely, IMO.

Thankyou for that. I'm not sure who I prefer, him or Chill, but at least Chill's snide comments aren't full of profanity.

-Andiyar

------------------
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, and die gallantly.
Specialization is for insects.

How do you get negative ten karma in 17 posts??? I would have trouble doing that if I was trying to get banned.

this has been going nowhere, and now it will go nowhere else.

------------------