GTW 41

I thought this was supposed to be sped up?

It was. You don't see LOAD screens for when the vote tallies are announced, only for mission results. (I'm writing a big long story post, you see.)

Fun fact: The entire palace staff and retinue of the Queen of the Candy Kingdom is female.

MISSION RESULTS
SUCCEED: 3
FAIL: 0

Infrastructural/Morale Attack: Sewer System (Capital) ~ SUCCESS!

The two-person force was successful! Surprisingly, the infrastructure buildings were far less secure than reports had indicated. It was the work of an hour to break in by the vector of a deliberately dropped tooth drive. From there, reprogramming the pumps and flow routers was simple. The Candy Kingdom will have quite a mess on their hands...!

So far, there have been 2 successful missions, and no failures.

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**
The news story broke the next day across both kingdoms. "CANDY CAPITAL IN SEWER-GOO MIXUP!" the papers proclaimed. Helicopters hovered over the streets of the Candy Kingdom's capital, now ankle-deep in sweet-smelling, noxious rainbow-colored sludge.

In the a certain room in the capital of the Vegetable Kingdom, the mood was general elation. "We did it!" the King cheered, watching people airlifted out of the brilliantly colored gunk. "The weapons people tell us that if they can have just one more uninterrupted day, the LCB2s will be ready."

The King shuffled a few papers, and turned over the bowl as an afterthought. "We've bought ourselves a day, while they clean up that stuff. However, they almost certainly have samples of Vegetable enzymes... it'll be gone soon. We'll have to keep up our campaign of disruption." He handed out mission packs to add to everyone's binders— the stacks had grown too big for simple folders to handle. "Techerakh, you haven't spoken yet. It's up to you to make a proposal."

"By the way, we received another message today..." the Vegetable King mentioned. He clicked a remote and projected it into the room.

Posted Image

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

Target #3
Infrastructural Attack: Power Generation (Military Facilities)

It is time to make an attempt on Candyian military facilities directly. As most facility cores are very heavily guarded, an attempt will have to be made on outlying areas and supply sections; in this case, facility power generation.
Several trained squads have been tapped to place enzymatic devices on Candy facility power generation and transmission machinery. This attacks are scheduled to occur simultaneously, but it is crucial that they are not captured before they have gotten in place.

Techerakh , it is your turn to make a proposal. This proposal should have three names, and everyone will need to APPROVE or REJECT it.
Including yours, there is enough time for 5 proposals.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 02 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I will be rejecting the next two proposals, as they will be made by people who rejected this one, and the third one will be Eugene Chin who I hope will repeat this last one.

Suspicion levels on Techerakh, JacaByte, and retep998 increased to moderate.

As I have stated previously, I rejected the previous proposal because I wanted to see more of them before we went ahead with the mission. Instead it barreled on through the committee, and we had a second mission selected after two proposals. Thank goodness the mission was successful, but what if it hadn't been? The tables would be turned onto you.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 September 2012 - 12:10 AM

Seems pretty straightforward to me. The people who were acting the most trustworthy were put on the team with me. The people I trusted least all voted against it. The team succeeded.

Shlim, Eugene, and myself

mrxak is way too anxious to be on this team

Can anyone here say that they don't want to be on every team?

Dare I say, no s*** Sherlock? Of course everybody wants themselves to be on a team? Especially the traitors?

The way I see if, even if we don't repeat the last lineup, we accept Techerakh's proposal, and this mission ends up failing, we'll be going to the fourth mission with its requirement of two terrorist fail votes next. The odds of success are quite good on a mission like that, and we'd have that much more information about who might be innocent and who might be a terrorist. This is on top of the fact that there's still a strong possibility that we'll succeed this mission and win the game.

Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and Accept this proposal, and see what happens. In my mind, this is our best option.

I'm almost certain that there were traitors on those first two missions. So, I'm just gonna sit around and keep rejecting your proposals without me and laugh every time another mission fails. Seriously guys, remember what happened last game? First two missions, went by perfectly, next three all failed. Even that fourth mission where we could have a spare fail vote, we STILL managed to choose poorly and fail.

And what, pray tell, is the root of your "almost certain" feeling that there were sleeper agents on the first two missions?

retep, you probably should have told us about your feelings before we went ahead with our proposals for the previous two missions. Unless you can't substantiate your feelings?

Lets do some basic statistics.
There's 7 people, out of which 4 are good guys. This means 35 possible combinations of who the good guys are.
Next we picked a proposal of 3 people. The number of combinations in which we get all good guys is 4.
Dividing 4 by 35 gives us the odds of that proposal being all innocent, which is 11.4%.
So I'm pretty sure that we have a sleeper agent just waiting to spring up and make us fail again.

Well that brings us back to the double think of replacing random members of previous proposals with new ones. So if this proposal fails, what's going to happen for the next 4 proposals is that the person making the proposal is going to replace one of the members from the second mission with himself. Anybody who does otherwise will be vindicating themselves as a traitor.

Five people have voted.

@retep998, on 03 September 2012 - 07:34 PM, said in GTW 41:

Lets do some basic statistics.
There's 7 people, out of which 4 are good guys. This means 35 possible combinations of who the good guys are.
Next we picked a proposal of 3 people. The number of combinations in which we get all good guys is 4.
Dividing 4 by 35 gives us the odds of that proposal being all innocent, which is 11.4%.
So I'm pretty sure that we have a sleeper agent just waiting to spring up and make us fail again.

We have this same argument every game. It never helps or changes anything.

Probability of one guy being good = 4/7
Probability of the second guy being good = 3/6
Probability of both guys being good = (4/7) * (3/6) = 28.6%

Since you said there were bad guys on both missions, you can ignore the odds of Eugene Chin being bad since his role has no effect on the first mission. The odds of there being at least one bad guy on both missions is no higher than 71.4%, which is significantly lower than your claimed 88.6%.

But, why do we care about past missions? We don't. We care about the odds of there being bad guys on the current mission.

Probability of one guy being good = 4/7
Probability of the second guy being good = 3/6
Probability of the third guy being good = 2/5

And then you get your 11.4%. But what do you propose to change the odds? No matter what group of three we pick, the odds are exactly the same.

Which is why this is not a game about statistics. This is a game about trust. Based on the behavior of others in this game in the first and second rounds, there are three people I don't particularly trust, one which is fairly neutral, and two that I trust a little bit (in addition to myself).

Remember how in the first round people were talking about looking at how people voted in the early rounds? That's what we ought to be doing. We ignore the mission results, ignore pointless probability exercises, and look at people's behaviors and proposal votes. Having done so, I do not wish Techerakh or JacaByte picking the teams. We ought to be looking more carefully at those who voted against a mission that ended up putting the sleeper agents in jeopardy.

JacaByte: Put retep998 on his team when he had the chance to in the first round. This was prior to the "reject everything" strategy. There is a long history of the first proposal being approved rather easily.

retep998: Put Techerakh on the team when he had the chance to in the second round. Using his incredibly dumb voting strategy from last game, that allowed bad guys (me) to manipulate things into a failed mission, simply by putting him on it.

Techerakh: Did not include any cohorts on the third round, which is a must-win round for the bad guys and thus would be silly to have more than one bad guy on it voting fail. Chooses names instead that were on previous successful missions, in order to cast doubt on them. Very quiet compared to last game. Obviously trying to avoid the "mrxak effect" whereby anyone playing actively is accused of being evil. He has voted against nearly every mission, just as I did when I played a bad guy last game.

It just so happens that these three individuals were already on my suspicion list due to their play style before they all decided to vote against the second mission success.

This is a game about trust. I do not trust those three players.

@mrxak, on 03 September 2012 - 09:40 PM, said in GTW 41:

We ought to be looking more carefully at those who voted against a mission that ended up putting the sleeper agents in jeopardy.

Who said the sleeper agents are in trouble? What's worrying to me is that there wasn't any serious resistance to the previous proposal. That's a red flag to me, I don't know what it is to you.

Edit: mrxak pulled a ninja edit on me. He needs to stop it, it's extremely annoying. I will quote his text in pink as psychological punishment.

JacaByte: Put retep998 on his team when he had the chance to in the first round. This was prior to the "reject everything" strategy. There is a long history of the first proposal being approved rather easily.

My selection of retep998 was random. For the last freaking time. Even if I was a traitor I would still use a RNG for the s***s and giggles, just to see what would happen. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 September 2012 - 10:10 PM

If people trusted my picks, it's because I picked trustworthy people. I did that on purpose, rather than randomly choosing people (or "randomly", as the case may be) because I don't care who's on the team as long as I am too. I wanted to be on the team with good people, and I picked good people, and good people voted in favor. I would direct you to your own alleged selection process, and what that says about the proposer. Gee, one of your cohorts even voted for it.

Speaking as a former bad guy from the last game, being forced to succeed on the second mission in order to keep the heat off of those on it was quite horrible. The last three rounds became a struggle far more than they would have been. Anyone who played the last game ought to know, the fourth round is brutal on the bad guys if you don't fail the second one. I see no reason why the bad guys would not have voted in favor of the second mission proposal, if they had a single bad guy on the team who could fail it. Either Eugene Chin and Shlimazel are both bad guys (and why they didn't vote against it, I don't know), or none of us were.

Alleged "cohort" probably voted for it because he was on it. Pinky swear, the selection was random.

The more I listen to you the more I think you're trying too desperately to be on the next mission. Maybe it's because there was only one sleeper agent on the second mission, and you're it? You would have known that failing the second mission would have exposed your role by deduction, or at least brought down extreme criticism from Shlimazel and Eugene Chin on the other innocents for putting you on the third mission. That would seal the game for the innocents, unless one of your cohorts managed to weasel themselves into the next proposals, but you would have a pitifully small chance of making it through the fourth mission. So you had to stay low, and now you're bemoaning how hard it was last game to pull off a hat trick with the last three missions.

I think Eugene, Shlimazel and Tech are innocent, let's pass this proposal and get this game over with before mrxak tries to make it any nuttier.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 03 September 2012 - 10:29 PM

“Feeling down? SugarBrick Rotating Furniture will help you turn the tables! Approved by the Candy Queen.”
— advertising slogan

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

"That was fast," the Vegetable King said as he counted the votes in the bowl. "The mission packets have barely finished printing." He passed them over to Techerakh, Shlimazel, and Eugene Chin. "Good luck."

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**
mrxak votes REJECT at 11:19 PM.
Eugene Chin votes REJECT at 6:03 AM.
JacaByte votes APPROVE at 7:07 AM.
Shlimazel votes APPROVE at 9:29 AM.
retep998 votes REJECT at 11:06 AM.
Techerakh votes APPROVE at 9:36 PM that evening.
darth_vader finally votes APPROVE at 11:40 AM the next morning.

Motion is approved.

Eugene Chin , Shlimazel , and Techerakh , please PM me a vote of SUCCEED or FAIL. Three SUCCEED votes will be needed for the mission to be successful.