GTW 41

Waiting on some clarifications, then will send the vote in. Will review now what has occurred so far in the game.

Edit: After reading through what has happened so far and what Eugene wrote for his proposal, I approve this slate. I do agree with Tech and mrxak that there might be a single traitor in this group but that should not effect the outcome if this mission passes through and goes to committee as the terrorist need two people to fail it to force round 5.

This post has been edited by Crow T. Robot : 13 September 2012 - 07:32 PM

Fun fact: Time compression technology allows weeks in the real world to be experienced as a matter of minutes in the two Kingdoms.

**~~~~~~~~~~~**

The Vegetable King woke up with a snort. Examining the messages in the bowl, he said, "Finally! The motion— who are you?" He'd just noticed Crow T. Robot, sitting in at darth_vader's place.
"I'm an understudy," Crow explained. "Darth_vader's taken ill."

"I see," said the King, reading the bowl's contents. "The motion is approved." He passed stacks of paper to Eugene Chin, mrxak, Shlimazel, and Techerakh. "Hopefully, this mission will be the one that buys us the time to finish this. Good luck."

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

mrxak votes APPROVE at 2:41 PM.
JacaByte votes REJECT at 2:50 PM.
Shlimazel votes REJECT at 4:34 PM.
Eugene Chin votes APPROVE at 5:51 PM.
retep998 votes REJECT at 10:36 PM.
Techerakh votes APPROVE at 11:15 PM.
Crow T. Robot votes APPROVE after replacing darth_vader.

Motion is approved.

Eugene Chin , mrxak , Shlimazel , and Techerakh , please PM me a vote of SUCCEED or FAIL. Three SUCCEED votes will be required for the mission to be successful.

@soitbegins, on 13 September 2012 - 08:04 PM, said in GTW 41:

Fun fact: Time compression technology allows weeks in the real world to be experienced as a matter of minutes in the two Kingdoms.

Hahahaha. That's one way to explain it. :laugh:

Buttercups.

Thanks for filling in, Crow. You're a boss!

Alright, I admit it! The taste of candy was just too good compared to vegetables! I couldn't resist the sweet taste of sugar!

@jacabyte, on 13 September 2012 - 08:35 PM, said in GTW 41:

Buttercups.

@retep998, on 13 September 2012 - 11:31 PM, said in GTW 41:

Alright, I admit it! The taste of candy was just too good compared to vegetables! I couldn't resist the sweet taste of sugar!

Y'mean we did it? It's finally over?

No round 5, Vegetable Kingdom Triumphant?

And Shlimazel was your third?

curses! foiled again

if it hadn't been for those meddling vegetables and their Eugene Chin we'd have gotten away with it, too

@eugene-chin, on 14 September 2012 - 12:00 AM, said in GTW 41:

Y'mean we did it? It's finally over?

No round 5, Vegetable Kingdom Triumphant?

And Shlimazel was your third?

I can't verify until all the SUCCEED/FAILs are in.

@shlimazel, on 14 September 2012 - 12:07 AM, said in GTW 41:

curses! foiled again

if it hadn't been for those meddling vegetables and their Eugene Chin we'd have gotten away with it, too

I was expecting you to fail the second mission. I didn't want the proposal for the third mission to go through because I knew that no proposal I could make for the fourth mission would make it, so I jumped the gun and hoped I could pass the proposal round over to you or retep quickly. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

Edit: The outcome of this mission will be 3 succeeds, 1 fail, mission success, game over, innocents win.

Unless one of the innocents wants to fail this mission...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 14 September 2012 - 12:31 AM

Oh well.

I think that it's an excessive handicap to not allow the terrorists to communicate with each other. Just because these games were originally played around a table, it doesn't mean we need to act as though we're still playing around a table. Terrorists can generally co-ordinate in GTW, why not in resistance?

Congrats to fellow vegetables.

Considering that this was the first civ win ever, I don't think it's fair to say that it's an excessive handicap to disallow coordination between mafia.

@techerakh, on 13 September 2012 - 11:31 PM, said in GTW 41:

Thanks for filling in, Crow. You're a boss!

Glad to help.

@shlimazel, on 14 September 2012 - 12:50 AM, said in GTW 41:

Oh well.

I think that it's an excessive handicap to not allow the terrorists to communicate with each other. Just because these games were originally played around a table, it doesn't mean we need to act as though we're still playing around a table. Terrorists can generally co-ordinate in GTW, why not in resistance?

I was giving you guys hints, you just didn't pick up on them.

@shlimazel, on 14 September 2012 - 12:50 AM, said in GTW 41:

Oh well.

Because two out of two games where the bad guys coordinated, the bad guys won pretty easily. When the bad guys did not coordinate, the bad guys only won 50% of the time. The game is balanced this way. I still won as a bad guy. It's quite doable. It's just not so easy that the good guys have no chance.

Anyway, victory is mine! Threefold. I'm a good guy, and good guys won; I'm undefeated, having won on both teams; and I introduced you guys to this game, and it's now been proven to be balanced by wins from both sides.

Hopefully darth_vader isn't actually dead. I will miss him, if he is. If he's not dead, he'd better have one heck of an excuse.

I definitely became convinced of retep998 and JacaByte's guilt fairly early. I became convinced of Shlimazel's guilt, thanks to finally good playing by Techerakh, so good job. I hope this is the last we hear of retep998's predictable voting strategy. Kudos to Eugene Chin in particular for how well he played this game, right from the start.

mrxak, you have not sent in YOUR succeed/fail vote.

Oops! I forgot I was even on this mission, it's been so long. I have sent in my PM.

Fun fact: Despite their drastic differences, both Kingdoms speak the same language. The origin and name of this language, however, is disputed. The Candy Kingdom refers to it as Candish, and claims it was written wholesale by their goddess, Cadbury. The Vegetable Kingdom calls it Naturial and claims it grew from the ground.

Yes, it's the same language. Really.

MISSION RESULTS
SUCCEED: 3
FAIL: 1

Morale Attack: Propaganda ~ SUCCESS!

The mission went almost flawlessly. The propaganda team prepared the attached video, claiming it was leaked rough footage of the Candy Queen's next video.

The video quickly went viral across Candy Kingdom networks. The result: pandemonium.

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

The Vegetable King read the news reports without emotion. In front of him was a large, black box.
"The last mission went flawlessly," he told the assembled advisors. "Now, we can win this war."

The King pressed his thumb to the front of the box. After an authentication delay, it opened. The only thing inside was a large, red button.
"It is time," the King said, bowing his head for a few moments. Then, he reached out—

"Not if we have anything to say about it!!"
Four voices spoke. Three belonged to several of the King's advisors— JacaByte , retep998 , and Shlimazel , all now showing their true colors. The fourth voice was young, cute, and heard far more often in song.

"Oh no," the four loyal advisors said to one another— and the Candy Queen herself walked into the room. She was wearing yellow today, a frilly yellow dress and cute yellow boots and bright yellow gloves with HAPPY! written on them, and a big, big machine gun of pure white plastic. It fired the kind of bullets that would explode in your mouth... or your head.

As the three traitors pulled out guns of their own, the Vegetable King seized his staff and made a lunge for the box. Shlimazel got to it first, holding it out of his reach and snapping it shut.
The Candy Queen opened fire in the next instant, but the King charged forward. Whirling his staff, he put himself between the advisors and their doom. He knew what he was doing. The bullets bounced off the whirling wood, to harmlessly detonate in the walls.

Meanwhile, the four advisors were getting out of harm's way. Mrxak reached into his jacket and brought out his Desert Eagle, firing a bullet of entangling vines at retep998. Retep didn't quite dodge, and the vines netted him. JacaByte tossed a jawbreaker-grenade towards the King, who managed to bat it back. Jaca dived beneath the table before the explosion left him dead due to candy shards.

Shlimazel tried to sneak out a back door of the throne room with the box, but he was spotted by the guards. As he quickly slammed and bolted the door to keep the green-suited troops from entering, he was tackled from both sides by Crow T. Robot and Techerakh. Techerakh tossed the box towards the center of the table— where Eugene Chin caught it.

Meanwhile, the Vegetable King was advancing on the Candy Queen, as bits of his staff reformed into entangling vine pellets and propelled themselves at the Queen. She was dodging all of them spectacularly, even sparing a second to pull a face at the King. However, she wasn't reckoning on mrxak, who aimed his huge gun at her just as the King launched another bolus of vines.
She dodged away from the Vegetable King's shot, but the movement took her right into mrxak's. She was on the ground in a vine net before she knew what hit her.

The Vegetable King sighed, slowly lowering his staff. "I'm sorry that had to happen, but—"

"Look out!" Crow yelled from across the room. "He's getting away!"
JacaByte had grabbed the black box, and was making a run for it. The King turned, but the Candy Queen reached an arm through the netting and tripped him. Mrxak's aim was blocked by a carved pillar.
But, Eugene Chin was waiting. The advisor-strategist launched himself at JacaByte in a full-body tackle, pinning the traitor upon the ground. The box flew out of JacaByte's grip, flying through the air...

...to be caught by the Vegetable King as he was getting to his feet.

The King bowed his head, and opened the box once again. " Ultima ratio regum ," the King said, referencing the ancient language that was a vague antecedent to Naturial. "The last argument of kings."

He extended his hand, and pressed the red button.

There was a pause. Near-silently, LCBII missiles left their silos deep in the Vegetable Kingdom, flying to every major Candy city. The world felt like it was holding its breath, as the end of a nation and the beginning of a new, unified one approached on silent fins.

Then, the bombs fell, reassembling the cities in shards of compost and noise, fragments of sugar-glass and hopes and dreams, burnt flesh and burnt screams and burnt spirits, until the cities stood magnified even as it liquefied into the puddles of their own destruction.
People screamed as the composting liquid consumed their flesh. Buildings groaned as their structures were eaten away.

In a single brilliant moment, the Kingdom of Sugar was now one more outpost of the Kingdom of Soil, and war would never trouble the two again.

The End

**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**

Congratulations to the innocent advisors, darth_vader Crow T. Robot, Eugene Chin , mrxak , and Techerakh for saving their kingdom from a short yet devastating obliteration! You have made the Vegetable Kingdom the dominant nation of the continent.

For those who are curious, the captured Candy Queen was sulkily put to work as a co-director of propaganda. The three traitorous advisors' minds were wiped, and then given to the Queen to be transformed to become her backup dancers.

A round of applause and thanks to everyone who participated. The game is done!

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 15 September 2012 - 12:33 AM

May I just say, good sir, the story here was excellent, though I could have done without the loading screens. Nice followthrough on the threat of Candyland, after my rant last game about what was in store for us after Game 40 ended.

Thanks. I got the idea when I saw Kyary's new song. If the 4th mission had failed, I would have put up PONPONPON as well.
I found I quite liked doing the story. Made a bit of a change from modern-world geopolitics.