GTW Game 32

If none of you vote, you're done. That's all there is to it. Maybe mrxak was right when he said that we need a break... when the people die in the story, it's because of idleness, not viruses, despite the fact that the story says that the computer deleted them.
You have one turn to make things right, programs.

----------------------------------
The computer tallied the votes and read them aloud:

**GutlessWonder: (1)
jrsh92

jrsh92: (1)
GutlessWonder

prophile: (1)
Templar98921

No vote:
prophile
lemonyscapegoat
kickme
orcaloverbri9**

Without another word, prophile and kickme _disappeared.
"What was that for?? What did they do?!?!??!" shouted _lemonyscapegoat _. "They didn't even get the majority's vote!"
"... or even any vote at all!" added _orcaloverbri9 .
The voice boomed again:

**You have failed to go about the work that I set for you to do. You did not nab a virus, and although the viruses did not delete any of you this round, I took matters into my own hands and deleted two programs at random. Digging into archives, I have found that prophile was the Tron program in disguise and kickme was an innocent program; although this was indeed misfortunate, you still may be able to destroy the remaining viruses. The list of those remaining:

GutlessWonder
jrsh92
lemonyscapegoat
orcaloverbri9
Templar98921

If you do not delete a virus this round, you will be overrun, and$3k5Ć’ I wil%$Bl not...**

And with that, the transmission went dead.

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 05 October 2008 - 12:26 AM

Oh. Wonderful.

Must not every have a tie again.

@templar98921, on Oct 5 2008, 12:09 AM, said in GTW Game 32:

Oh. Wonderful.

Must not every have a tie again.

Aw, you can't say that and then not put in a vote. Templar98921

AAH! THEY TRACED MY COMPUTER!!!

Templar98921 must be destroyed.

...did you not notice that you're dead?

Hey.

It's absurd that this game is dying from inactivity, when two of the most active players were killed off in the first round. (Since this has happened to me in every game I was an Innocent in six times running, I'm particularly irritated about that.)

Seeing as lemonyscapegoat and orcaloverbri9 didn't put in an actual vote last round (and orca isn't even paying enough attention as to who is still alive ), and would be eliminated anyway if they miss this round's, I propose the following:

Instead of killing them for inactivity; take their roles and give them to me and mrxak.

Y'know. Take out players who aren't playing and put in people who will.

At the very least, the threat of this may make viruses banking on a lurker-win get up and act instead.

(EDIT) If I ever host a game, I may use that:
Dead players may request to replace, and assume the role of, a player who has missed two consecutive votes.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 05 October 2008 - 07:19 PM

I understand, and I think this game's gone to the fishes. I don't want to "revive" people, so to speak, by giving you their roles, just because this game's so messed up anyways that it would profit nothing. And mrxak didn't even like the idea of this game anyways.

well, there's not really a whole lot of evidence for anyone at this point, so I guess I'll join the vote against Templar98921 and pray he happens to be a virus.

Votes thus far, with about 12 hours to go:

Templar98921: (3)
GutlessWonder
lemonyscapegoat
orcaloverbri9

No Vote: (2)
Templar98921
jrsh92

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 05 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

Templar98921 is a little too eager to get people knocked off...and yet not actually trying to do so. Huh?

Anyway, it's the only lead I have. This game is so inactive that it really has come down to this.

Well since I can do nothing about it, and don't know any better seeing as how nobody's done anything of significance, I guess I'll bandwagon on Templar98921 in the hopes he really is a terrorist by chance. In reality, one of the people who has voted for him already is most likely a terrorist and we're going to lose, but I have no way of knowing, nor changing the vote, so I don't know what else to do.

Gah! I hate this. I swear I'm innocent.

lemonyscapegoat. I mean come on, what sort of vote is that?

@eugene-chin, on Oct 5 2008, 08:15 PM, said in GTW Game 32:

Hey.

It's absurd that this game is dying from inactivity, when two of the most active players were killed off in the first round. (Since this has happened to me in every game I was an Innocent in six times running, I'm particularly irritated about that.)

Seeing as lemonyscapegoat and orcaloverbri9 didn't put in an actual vote last round (and orca isn't even paying enough attention as to who is still alive ), and would be eliminated anyway if they miss this round's, I propose the following:

Instead of killing them for inactivity; take their roles and give them to me and mrxak.

Y'know. Take out players who aren't playing and put in people who will.
At the very least, the threat of this may make viruses banking on a lurker-win get up and act instead.

(EDIT) If I ever host a game, I may use that:
Dead players may request to replace, and assume the role of, a player who has missed two consecutive votes.

This is not a terrible idea, although I have to say I'm not interested in replacing anyone this game.

_The programs knew that the time had come to determine if Templar98921 was a terrorist. But the voice did not ring in their ears, instead, GutlessWonder and lemonyscapegoat faced the other programs.
"You're trapped and out of time," shouted _lemonyscapegoat _. "You can't escape now, now that you've doomed yourselves. You'll find that Templar98921 is dead, and the both of you will be shortly."
With a blinding flash of light, the programs vanished, and GutlessWonder turned to his companion and said, "Let's get out of here!"

As they walked away from the area in which 11 programs had been quarantined, the destruction which they could now wreak was virtually unlimited. The viruses spread exponentially throughout computers around the world, and within a matter of hours, the world wide web was destroyed. All hope was lost..._

----------------------
I'm not going to say that this was a good game, because almost nobody used their abilities. I'd like to be able to try this theme some time in the future, but for now, here's the (slightly used) roles:

Bad:
GutlessWonder (Corrupter, virus)
lemonyscapegoat (virus)

Good:
jrsh92
EugeneChin
kickme
mrxak
orcaloverbri9 (Corrupter)
prophile (Tron)
RJC_Ultra
SoItBegins
Templar98921 (Virus scanner)

The viruses managed to take this game by virtue of a lack of voting, and I believe that if Eugene's system were set in place, this type of lurking, intentional or not, would not happen. I also think that a good break will do the game some good.

This post has been edited by Rebelious : 06 October 2008 - 11:34 PM

In case anyone is wondering, I moved all the semi-discussion posts to the GTW Host Order topic, which has now been unlocked.