Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22

A quick reminder: The round will end soon.

egroeg, kickme, lemonyscapegoat, and LNSU: You still need to vote or abstain.

Cops (you know who you are!): PM me as soon as you can.

Oh, a'course boss. Well, I think its obvious that JacaByte 's my choice, even if he ain't a copper, we're better off without 'is sorta types.

@ekhawkman, on Apr 20 2008, 07:09 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

Sorry but remember, trust no one.

Therefore, we can't trust you either, hence I vote for KHawkman

Well the only one we can trust is the boss. Cause well he is the boss.

I change my vote to JacaByte.

Uh, when does this end?

@soitbegins, on Apr 18 2008, 05:29 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

7. Though the round normally ends after 2 to 3 days have passed OR everyone has voted, I reserve the right to end the round at any time.

Today or tomorrow (April 20th or 21st 5:29PM here. Hey, that's ~7 minutes away!)

EDIT: Or 24 Hours and 6 minutes.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 20 April 2008 - 04:23 AM

The round will end at 12 noon, Pacific Daylight Time, on Sunday (that's 9 hours from now.)

Attention: LAST CHANCE FOR VOTES!

Current tally:

JacaByte : 4
1Eevee1: 3
EKHawkman: 1
Lt._Anonymous: 1
Templar98921: 1

Abstain: 2

Still out: egroeg and LNSU

All votes will be locked 30 minutes before noon.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 20 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

2 minutes left...

GAH! Sorry, I've been busy and haven't had time to check in/think about who to vote for.

Hmm, it appears me and egroeg have deciding votes. If I vote for JacaByte, he dies. If I vote for 1Evee1, either they both die or egroeg decides.

I'll vote for 1Eevee1 to make things interesting.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 20 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

Huh, you just stuck me in an interesting situation. Since it looks like I'm going to die right now as I type, I'm going to say that SIB didn't give me a role of any kind. I'm just an extra vote for the counsel. I honestly have no clue as to whose who. I don't know if 1Eevee1 is innocent or not, but to prevent three players from dying this round, I'm going to vote for myself, JacaByte.

LNSU, JacaByte: You voted too late. Voting was closed at 11:30 my time.

It was done. Everyone had chosen. Now, it was time to see if they had found one of the cops.

SoItBegins swept back into the room, in a bad temper. This was nothing very new, but maybe-- just maybe -- it would be getting a little better soon. He verbally took everyone's vote, then sat back and showed everyone the tally.

JacaByte : 4
1Eevee1: 3
EKHawkman: 1
Lt._Anonymous: 1
Templar98921: 1

Abstain: 2

Didn't vote: egroeg, LNSU

JacaByte went pale, then started stammering his innocence. His actions grew more frantic as he implored the others who voted for him not to do this, that they had been allies. A sea of locked faces stared back at him from across the table. SoItBegins stood up, and said, "JacaByte, you--"

There was a loud pounding on the door. A voice said, "Police! Open up!"

When the police opened the door, they found a number of people sitting around a large table. The people were talking about different musical genres and themes, including two who had gotten into an argument about whether music from early video games could be considered music at all. One policeman cleared his throat, and the talking stopped.

"Is there a 'kickme' in this room?" he asked.

"That's me," said kickme, standing up.

The policeman responded, "kickme, you are under arrest for kidnapping, extortion, intent to aid or commit theft, and aiding and abbeting a crime. Come with us."

SoItBegins stood up. "What the-- what are you taking him for? I know this guy! He would never do all those things!"

Once of the policemen came over to him. "Sir, we also believe he's a member of the local Mafia."

SoItBegins, if nothing else, was a good actor. His mouth stayed open long after the police had left, bearing their protesting cargo with them. Then it shut again, and his eyes boiled with new fury. "JacaByte!" he bellowed. Then he seemed to control himself. He turned to an enforcer.

"Take him away," he said, indcating JacaByte.

"Anything else, boss?" asked the enforcer. SoItBegins was silent for a second, but he soon decided.

"Yes. Kill him."

------

New round ends in 2 or 3 days. Roles and other info will be revealed once they are discovered.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 20 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

As I said earlier, you got the wrong guy.

Err I'll stick with 1eevee1 again for the same reasons. Just cause no one else is suspicious.

@jacabyte, on Apr 20 2008, 03:01 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

You should be happy at least you not dead just incarcerated.

@hypochondriac, on Apr 20 2008, 07:51 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

@jacabyte, on Apr 20 2008, 03:01 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

You should be happy at least you not dead just incarcerated.

Except that Jacabyte IS the dead one. kickme's the incarcerated one.

Yes those police are a little more lenient than the mafia.

Avenge me, my fellow Mafia!

@darwinian, on Apr 19 2008, 11:18 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

One can learn a lot about their fellow players by simply watching on the first day.

I have noticed that it has become something of a tradition for people to abstain in these games. That is silly. It is a bad idea.

The other suspicious behaviour on the first day is jumping on bandwagons.

Red: True.

Green: If Red is true, how are you supposed to just 'observe' without abstaining.

Blue: Bandwagoning, although frowned upon, is a understandable tactic on the first day, where options are limited. You really have three choices unless someone really slips up. You can:
Bandwagon, either start one or follow.
Pick someone random which usally starts a bandwagon or creates general derision.
or
Abstain or not vote.

Therefore, you reasons under closer analasis are just as bad as EKHawkmans, and he doesn't hide it.

Suspects:
LNSU for voting late, possibly on purpose.
Darwinian Retracted for hiding silly reasons behind retoric.

This post has been edited by Templar98921 : 22 April 2008 - 09:41 PM