Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22

And likewise with me. :laugh:

I think all votes against SIB should be considered "everybody's a winner!"

SIB

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 04 May 2008 - 10:29 AM

@mrxak, on May 4 2008, 03:41 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

I think we should all just vote for SoItBegins.

I'll be your new leader. 😉

Except we've already confirmed that you're a traitor.

well let's see here . . . there's really nothing I can do. if I vote for anyone other than hypochondriac we get a three-way tie, so I guess I just have to vote for him and pray that he's a cop, otherwise we're screwed to hell. I doubt anybody's going to be persuaded at this point, so Hypochondriac away!

Ok, all votes are locked. The remaining cop doesn't need to PM me.

Well this was one hell of a first game. Thanks SIB for making it awesome and filled with, SO MUCH DRAMA!!!!!!

@lemonyscapegoat, on May 4 2008, 12:47 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

well let's see here . . . there's really nothing I can do. if I vote for anyone other than hypochondriac we get a three-way tie, so I guess I just have to vote for him and pray that he's a cop, otherwise we're screwed to hell. I doubt anybody's going to be persuaded at this point, so Hypochondriac away!

I was hoping you would vote for 1evee1 and there would be pyrrhic victory for everyone involved.

This was it. On this vote would rest the entire future of the Mafia. SoItBegins went over to Hypochondriac, to give him the bad news.

"Hypo--" he said, then stopped as a gun barrel was placed to his head.

mrxak, holding the gun, paused for a second, then showed a very familiar badge to SoItBegins. He had been a cop all along. Hypochondriac was fishing out a similar badge. mrxak said, "SoItBegins, you are under arrest for--"

At this point there was a click, as lemonyscapegoat aimed his gun at mrxak. This was quickly followed by 1Eevee1 aiming at Hypochondriac.

SoItBegins blinked.

"Well, I think this is what they call a Mexican standoff."

RJC Ultra, who was standing unnoticed some ways away, was thinking. Had it really been worth it, this witch hunt, with so many useful people dying? Did it really have to end like this? __ Could he change things? Was it worth it?

Then he made his decision. And fired.

RJC fired. Three times. The first two shots were, of course, directed against the group members who had caused the Mafia so much trouble up to now. But the _third..._  

No one's certain about the third shot. Maybe RJC was overwhelmed with the desire for power. Maybe he decided SoItBegins was an incompetent. Maybe he just thought he could do better. In any case, his third and final shot burst from his gun in a spot of flame.... and flew straight through the heart of SoItBegins.  

SoItBegins fell, eyes wide. The Mafia had won, but he had lost. As his bodily systems began, one by one, to shut down, SIB muttered something. RJC leaned close, saying "What?"  

SoItBegins gathered up the last of his strength for one final yell.   

"I said, _**GO TO H#LL!**_ "  

That was the end of him.  

RJC Ultra smiled. Now he was the Mafia Boss, and his two survivors, 1Eevee1 and lemonyscapegoat, would be the beginnings of a new criminal empire, one that stretched far beyond the boundaries and beginnings of this one.   

A new era would begin for the Mafia. Soon...  

The End. **

Please note that the views of my character are not necessarily my views in real life.

Final Player List:

SoItBegins - Mafia Boss - DEAD

mrxak - Consigliere - Undercover Cop - DEAD
RJC Ultra
- Consigliere

**1Eevee1 - Ability: Protect Someone From Being Killed
lemonyscapegoat

darth_vader - IN JAIL
jrsh92 - IN JAIL - Ability: One-Time Copy of Someone Else's Ability
kickme - IN JAIL - Ability: Knows a Good Lawyer
LNSU - IN JAIL

egroeg - DEAD - Ability: Can Call In A Hit On Someone
EKHawkman - DEAD - Ability: Retaliation on Death (Target: GutlessWonder)
GutlessWonder - DEAD
Hypochondriac - DEAD - Undercover Cop
JacaByte - DEAD
Lt._Anonymous - DEAD
Templar98921 - DEAD - GTW Ghost
xander - DEAD - Undercover Cop**

Whoo! I was right from the start! About it all!

^Of course I can't verify that, but it makes me happy.

No wonder my target of gutless was off. I HATE YOU MRXAK AND YOUR LYINGNESS!!! Well not hate but still. GRR!

I actually prepared for a 3-way tie, Hyper.

I protected myself in the last round, and I checked with SIB. In that event, I would have lived.

@ekhawkman, on May 5 2008, 01:19 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

No wonder my target of gutless was off. I HATE YOU MRXAK AND YOUR LYINGNESS!!! Well not hate but still. GRR!

I would point out that mrxak, by virtue of the role that he was given, was forced to lie. Don't blame mrxak for what he was forced to do by the GM.

xander

umm yeah, so what exactly were we supposed to do considering mrxak was a cop? You pretty clearly stated that we couldn't vote for your consiglieres.

On the other hand, I SURVIVED GTW 22 YEAH!

This post has been edited by lemonyscapegoat : 05 May 2008 - 02:51 PM

You were supposed to find the other two cops, then mrxak would get taken care of automatically.

I know. I'm evil. >)

Yup, my role was to have no vote, fail at my investigations, have no risk, and die automatically at the end. Basically I could have just not showed up at all. Next SIB-hosted game, I won't.

Ah well. Too bad.

The only consolation here is that I'm like the supervillain being led away after the denouement: When it's time for the sequel...

Heh heh heh.