Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22

The End. The Mafia Triumphs!

-Somewhere-

The man was tied to a chair, helpless in the middle of the small room. The Mafia had found him out, and he was paying the price. He was so engrossed in rather gruesome imaginings of his fate that he didn't hear the other man enter the room.

The other man, an enforcer for the Mafia, dispensed with all pleasantries, barking at the informer, "Who are the others?"

When no response was forthcoming, the enforcer looked and realized he'd forgotten to take off the gag. He took it off, and the other man started babbling, saying he was innocent. The enforcer yelled, "LIAR!" and swung his fist into the other man's jaw at high speed. The man continued to swear his innocence. Another punch, this time to the kidneys. The man in the chair went white and gasped for air.

A growl of "Wellll?" from the enforcer brought the man to his senses. He blurted out, "It'sjustme. 'swear it. No one else but me!"

Another punch, a yell of pain. The man stuck to his story, trying to save his colleagues. It was only when the enforcer indicated that he was going to hit a certain sensitive, male-specific area that the other man gave in.

"All right," he said, gasping for breath, "Two cops r'cruited me. Six years ago. I still don't know who they were. I overheard once... got snitches all through the Mafia. Gonna bust it wide open soon. But they said-- they said--" (here the man paused, drained, trying to recall) "yeah. Two of the Big Boss's inner circle? Cops! Undercover! 'd never guess, they said. Don't know who.
All I know. I swear.

All I know."
-Elsewhere (A City in America)-**

You'd never think an irregularly-meeting music lover's club would actually be a front for the nerve center of most of the criminal activity in the city, but it was. The President of the club, Joe "SoItBegins" Spaghettio, looked at his fellow club members with a sour expression.

"It seems our organization has a bit of a...security problem," he said. "The information the man gave us actually implicates us as fine makers of Swiss cheese! There are quite a number of undercover cops and informers in our group. Two, in fact, are one the inner circle itself. Here. Today. Now. "

The other club members looked nervously at each other. Now they understood why the room doors had made a louder-than-usual click when closing this time.

"Now," continued SoItBegins, "none of you is to leave this room, with the exception of me, my consigliere (counsellors), RJC Ultra and mrxak. Of course, any of you who you believe to be one of the cops will be leaving as well. I'll let you work the matter out between yourselves. Whoever you decide to be most likely a cop will not like the outcome, so choose wisely.

Good luck. You're gonna need it."

Footnote: A consigliere is a counselor, usually an extremely trustworthy one.

Phoo! Welcome to Global Thermonuclear War 22! I've changed the game mechanics around a bit, so here's the rulesheet for this game:

1. Per turn, everybody casts a vote on who they think is not supposed to be in the Mafia. Casting 'abstain' will remove your vote from the end-of-round tally. 'No lynch' votes or the absence of a vote will be treated as 'Abstain'. Whoever gets the most votes, barring unforseen events, will get shot. In the event of a tie, both parties will get the chop, so if you're caught in a tie, you'll probably want to get out of it.

2. Meanwhile, the cops are deciding who to arrest. The cops (whose identities you're trying to discover) will PM me, and someone will subsequently be arrested. This ends the round.

3. PMing among players is encouraged.

4. On the subject of special roles, I'm going to keep most under my hat. However, here's the main rule change from standard GTW (other than the theme, of course): There are no intelligence agent roles. However, there are two consigliere. While they cannot vote, both can investigate a person every round, giving them information about that person; however, there's a 30% chance that what they discover will be bogus and they'll be getting false information instead. Who they choose to tell their intelligence to is up to them.

5. Other special roles exist. If a player has such a role, it will be automatically revealed on that person's death.

6. You should receive a PM saying that the game has begun, and stating your role (if any.) If you haven't yet gotten one, be patient!! This stuff takes time to type out.

7. Though the round normally ends after 2 to 3 days have passed OR everyone has voted, I reserve the right to end the round at any time.

8. Any and all game rules, whether stated here, elsewhere or not at all, may change without any warning. It's not likely, but it still can happen.

9. Finally, here's a list of all the players:

SoItBegins - Mafia Boss - DEAD

mrxak - Consigliere - Undercover Cop - DEAD
RJC Ultra
- Consigliere

**1Eevee1 - Ability: Protect Someone From Being Killed
lemonyscapegoat

darth_vader - IN JAIL
jrsh92 - IN JAIL - Ability: One-Time Copy of Someone Else's Ability
kickme - IN JAIL - Ability: Knows a Good Lawyer
LNSU - IN JAIL

egroeg - DEAD - Ability: Can Call In A Hit On Someone
EKHawkman - DEAD - Ability: Retaliation on Death (Target: GutlessWonder)
GutlessWonder - DEAD
Hypochondriac - DEAD - Undercover Cop
JacaByte - DEAD
Lt._Anonymous - DEAD
Templar98921 - DEAD - GTW Ghost
xander - DEAD - Undercover Cop**

Like I said already, good luck... you'll need it.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 04 May 2008 - 04:49 PM

Are we allowed to try to seduce the mafia boss?

What?

So we know who the IA's are? Aren't they just going to get arrested (nightkilled)?

In case it's not clear: The consigliere can't vote, but they can't be killed or arrested.

So I'm completely immune, have no vote, can investigate people, but you may lie to me?

mrxak, being a trusted consigliere is only awarded posthumously.

Interesting rules

1Eevee1 for trying to seduce only the mafia boss.
First game woo. No nukes eh. This is also like the reverse of the mafia game I played as a kid.

This post has been edited by EKHawkman : 18 April 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hrm... only two wolves/dictators/cops for fourteen active players? This should be easy...

xander

This isn't GTW. This is CMW.

I was going to vote for a consigliere (Why does SIB trust them so much if there's a one in three chance that they might be wrong, or they might be an officer?) but seeing that I can't do that, I'm going to wait for somebody to slip.

I can finally annoy you people while remaining unharmed! 🙂

@ekhawkman, on Apr 18 2008, 05:16 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

1Eevee1 for trying to seduce only the mafia boss.
First game woo. No nukes eh. This is also like the reverse of the mafia game I played as a kid.

Yes. I designed this game's theme to be that way. Also, bold your vote.

TO EVERYONE RE THE CONSIGLIERE: The thing with the consigliere is that SoItBegins trusts them enough to be above suspicion. He won't let them be killed, and they're hardly likely to be cops.

1Eevee1 for the same reason EVHawkman voted for him, plus the more votes he has the harder it is for me to get whacked.

1Eevee1 for attacking our faithful leader and his associates. (What's the point in attacking somebody who 1: Can't be an officer, and 2: Can't be lynched?)

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 18 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

First game! WOO!

I vote for...

Edit: On further thought, I'll spend more time pondering my vote.

This post has been edited by LNSU : 18 April 2008 - 05:00 PM

I don't like the looks a' this boss. I'd vote for eevee, but he's too stupid to be a cop, nah it's somebody else. What about JacaByte? I never liked the looks of 'im, always a clever little bastard too. I'm keepin' my eye on him, at least until anyone better somes up.

@lemonyscapegoat, on Apr 19 2008, 10:12 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game 22:

I don't like the looks a' this boss. I'd vote for eevee, but he's too stupid to be a cop , nah it's somebody else. What about JacaByte? I never liked the looks of 'im, always a clever little bastard too. I'm keepin' my eye on him, at least until anyone better somes up.

lemonyscapegoat.

To help push against a bandwagon, I'll throw out a vote for Jacabyte. jrsh92 did vote for 1Eevee1 first, which makes Jacabyte's vote the wagon wheel, at the least.

Technically I did not vote for 1Eevee1 first, the first voter just didn't bold it.