Global Thermonuclear War XXI

I too choose to abstain , for it has 25% less calories then an actual vote, yet still containing the sweet juicy tenderness of roasted water.

@hypochondriac, on Mar 20 2008, 09:16 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War XXI:

I'll vote for the new guy. Knickmeister

That wasn't very nice. :mad:

Ah well. Roll with the punches, and all that. I think I'll abstain , for now, until I get into the swing of things, and since I'm not feeling too terribly vengeful.

Self defence vote against SoItBegins.

And I forgot to subscribe. Oops.

I always die in the first round.

Well folks, have fun without me.

Round should be ending soon correct?

@hypochondriac, on Mar 22 2008, 02:13 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War XXI:

Round should be ending soon correct?

Yes, I should have ended it about an hour ago, actually, though it doesn't matter what with so little activity. Anyway, I'll tally those votes. Edit forthcoming.
_
Round 1 Votes

1Eevee1- abstain
egroeg- abstain
Eugene Chin- no vote
GutlessWonder-Manta
Hypochondriac- Knickmeister
jrsh92-SoItBegins
kickme- SoItBegins
lemonyscapegoat- abstain
Mackilroy- SoItBegins
Manta- prophile
prophile- Manta
RJC ultra- no vote
SoItBegins-Kickme
FluffyWithTeeth- no vote
Knickmeister- no vote_

If there are two tie rounds in a row, a sudden death round will happen, in which one can only vote for one of the tied people.

_~~
darth_vader once more takes the podium and reads the ballots. "There is a tie," he announces. "We it seems we really have no leads on who the traitors are. We cannot in good conscience allow either Manta or SoItBegins to die now. However, I would urge you all to act quickly to make up for lost time. we've failed to make any progress today, and tonight we will find out if the traitors can make good on their threats. I'm not optimistic that they can't."~~

darth_vader once more takes the podium and reads the ballots. "SoItBegins has been chosen to die." vader spins and aims an accusing finger as guards aim accusing rifles. SoItBegins leaps from his seat, and runs towards the door, but the guards catch him and shoot him on the spot. On the main screen, UN armies move into SoItBegins's country, sparing no one as they search for evidence of terroristic activities. Yet none is forthcoming...
_

I need PMs from several people, you know who you are. As soon as they're in we can start the next round.

This post has been edited by darth_vader : 22 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

None too active bad guys, are they?

They're not the only ones I need PMs from.

Unless I'm much mistaken or there is a vote changing role, SoItBegins should have been lynched. Kickme voted for him in addition to jrsh92 and Mackilroy.

@manta, on Mar 22 2008, 10:20 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War XXI:

Unless I'm much mistaken or there is a vote changing role, SoItBegins should have been lynched. Kickme voted for him in addition to jrsh92 and Mackilroy.

...I don't know how I missed that. Maybe it's lucky no one is doing anything.

Quick tip: Voting for someone just because they make a random vote the first round of every game is not good policy. In effect, you just gave the terrorists a free round.

Ah well... I'll be going now. dies

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 23 March 2008 - 03:14 PM

One might also say that making a random vote the first round of every game is not a good policy.

@soitbegins, on Mar 23 2008, 03:50 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War XXI:

Quick tip: Voting for someone just because they make a random vote the first round of every game is not good policy. In effect, you just gave the terrorists a free round.

Ah well... I'll be going now. dies

There is no way not to give the terrorists a free round in the first round. There's no evidence and therefore no way to make anything but an ultimately random conviction in the first round.

Lazy members, just like the real UN can't get nothing done on time 🙂

Manta (or nobody because Easter got in the way...) because someone needs to die this round and doing that makes it NOT a 14 way tie including me.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 23 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

The round hasn't started yet, jrsh. Still waiting on PMs.

Alright! I finally have all the PMs in that I need, so the next round can commence.

"I have grave news. The terrorists have stuck again. Less than 24 hours ago, Mackilroy was killed in the night, and a satchel nuke was detonated in his capital city. It has not taken us long to determine that he was in the process of conducting investigations about members of this council. How he would have safely revealed such information I do not know, though it could have proven useful to him at least. His loss is a serious blow, and we must move quickly to find the traitors among us!"

This round will end at 5:00 CST, two days from now (49 hours, 20 minutes from this post.)

We lost an IA the first round? ######.

Well this isn't good...

Alright, I'm back from Easter festivities. I overate, but it'll keep me going for the rest of the week that I now have to work. I'll get a vote in tomorrow.