GTW Round 20

What is going on, you guys? This is even worse that GTW 19. Let's speed things up a bit!

This message is brought to you by a former terrorist. Good night. Don't wake up.

I cast my vote for jrsh92. I'm almost entirely certain he's a terrorist. For a couple rounds now he's been PMing me calling himself an ia and asking that I lay off voting for him. After I called him out on attacking hypochondriac he defended himself as having investigated him as a terrorist. he's now asked that I vote for hypo. I also suspect egroeg as his partner in crime. My last message from him in particular makes me uneasy:

Is there any chance I might be able to convince you to vote for Hypochondriac this round? Think of it this way: If I'm an IA as I claim to be, then Hypo dies and we're down one terrorist. If your suspicions of me as a terrorist are true, then we kill off an innocent. If I am a terrorist I would have no way of knowing who the IA, etc, was, and if I truly wanted someone dead for any reason other than truly random violence, I'd nightkill them. So, if you go along with me and vote Hypochondriac you're essentially either killing a terrorist or helping in the murder of an innocent-- but someone's going to die this round anyway, right?
egroeg has already voted for Hypo, so your vote should be enough. I prefer not to throw mine in, but I will if there's a tie. The reason for this is that my whacko behavior is making me look suspicious enough, and "having a hunch" about a terrorist (who is actually a terrorist) is just going to get me killed.

Just doesn't sit right with me. I'm sorry if I'm making a grave mistake here, but I'm convinced that I'm not.

Hypochondriac because there's a 4 way tie and I'm one of the people involved. I'd rather him dead than me.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 14 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

jrsh92 this is the second time you've come after me, I let it slide the first time but not this time.

:huh:
Since when is voting for Manta "going after you"?

Nice dodge, but you forgot about the edited by at the bottom or your post. you're lucky I didn't quote your post. My vote stands, if you wanted to change your vote no problem but trying to make it look like I'm was coming after you is a big no no

I am happy that there's a 50% chance, as the vote stands, that you're going to die anyway. Just for being a b-<censored>.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 14 March 2008 - 08:54 PM

hypochondriac

I don't know what to make of all of this yet, but I also saw jrsh92's vote for Hypochondriac.

Even if I hadn't, there's an edit time-stamp at the bottom of jrsh92's post, that puts it about 9min after Hypo's post, and 1min before jrsh's next response.

I'm trying to figure it out, but I wanted to confirm what I saw before too much time had passed (I had just refreshed the page a few minutes ago).

(EDIT)

@jrsh92, on Mar 15 2008, 01:22 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

I am happy that there's a 50% chance, as the vote stands, that you're going to die anyway. Just for being a b- < censored>.

Please, please PLEASE try and keep this sort of thing toned down. Down that path lies flaming.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 14 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

You attack me, then edit your post to to make it appear I attacked you, I call you on it, and the respond by name calling? Grow Up

Fine, if you don't want me changing my vote, vote changed back to Hypochondriac

I'm pretty confused right now.

For those of you just tuning in, and before too many more ninja-revisionists crop up, this is what's been going on:

lemonyscapegoat claimed to have been receiving PM's from jrsh92, alleging to be an I.A., and dropped one of those PM's into the Topic as justification for a vote against jrsh92.

Since lemony is quite clearly Innocent, having visibly used his role to protect himself from Lynching in the first round, it is possible that an I.A. would try to contact him. I don't know if this is what really happened, though.

Soon after the PM was posted, jrsh92 voted against Hypochondriac.

When Hypo voted against jrsh92 in retaliation, jrsh edited his previous post to vote against Manta, and make it look as if Hypo was attacking him without reason.

Effectively, jrsh92 has baited Hypochondriac into voting against him, and then switched his vote to make it seem that Hypo is attacking him.

Pulling a bait-and-switch like this seems very strange to me.

And now, jrsh92 has once again edited the first post to vote against Hypochondriac, changed back from Manta, and repeated here.

Even now, you can see a relic from this bait-and-switch editing here. (I have screenshots of this, just in case it, too, changes.)

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 14 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

jrsh92 appears to be extremely suspicious.

I didn't something similar in one of the first games I was evil. A sense of déjŕ vu maybe...

Kickme, Hypochondriac, and Lemony are terrorists, as they all voted for me, despite the fact that I am clearly innocent.

@darth_vader, on Mar 14 2008, 10:34 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

I'm pretty confused right now.

Surprised?

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 14 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

@jrsh92, on Mar 15 2008, 02:45 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

Kickme, Hypochondriac, and Lemony are terrorists.

Screenshotted and quoted.

lemonyscapegoat used a special power to defend himself from Lynching in the very first round.
I do not believe Rickton would give such a power to the terrorists.
lemony cannot be a terrorist.

@jrsh92, on Mar 14 2008, 10:45 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

Kickme, Hypochondriac, and Lemony are terrorists, as they all voted for me, despite the fact that I am clearly innocent.
Surprised?

Funny, as I recall you saying you'd 'investigated' me as being an innoccent in a pm.

In fact:

I am an intelligence agent. I have investigated your role and found for 100% sure that you were the anti-missile guy. Now, unfortunately I cannot expect this "evidence" to hold much water as almost everyone is sure you're the SDI, but please believe me and don't try to kill me. I have also investigated egroeg and am in somewhat constant contact with him, FYI he is a necromancer. I have, just as importantly, investigated Hypochondriac, who is a TERRORIST. The reason I was making up s###ty excuses for voting for Hypo last round is that I want him dead but don't want to attract suspicion from the terrorists. The issue with this is that my ridiculous behavior nearly made me the victim of an innocent lynch mob, but on the bright side the terrorists seem to think I'm a well meaning idiot and are totally uninterested in me.
Please do not reveal my role to anybody but egroeg. We can't be sure that anybody else is innocent, and I am sure that Hypo is a terrorist, and if the fact that I am in IA was known by a terrorist, I'd be dead, resurrected, and dead once again in a total of two rounds maximum.
If you have any suspicions (because my little magic trick of confirming you role was, as I said, unimpressive since it was already suspected by everyone) about my identity, ask questions or contact egroeg. Most importantly, even if you doubt my IA-ness, please don't tell anyone else, it will get me killed in all likelyhood.

My accusations of those three are admittedly completely for the reason that they voted for me, and are not accusations so much as random thrashing out at them as they attempt to lynch me. I edited my post to clarify, not to change anything. It was truly random/not serious. I only believe one of them to be a terrorist, and it isn't Lemony.
Want to lynch me? I have connections. It won't work.
EDITED FOR A SPELLING ERROR.

Lemony is not a terrorist but did single-handedly destroy this game for the innocents. Good job, buddy.

Double posts seem to get merged into one.

With no time stamp.

There's a relatively long silence of 4+ minutes. I think the terrorists are plotting against me right now.

This post has been edited by jrsh92 : 14 March 2008 - 09:56 PM

that's odd . . . you're post timestamp seems to be changing rather than the last edited stamp. That's weird.

To be honest I was getting bored with the game. Thanks for making it more interesting jrsh92.