GTW Round 20

mackilroy There you go. I thought I did bold the vote, ah well. I'll be more careful in the future

Argh. OK. This time the delay wasn't my fault. Last night my school's network went all stupid. Anyway...

Rickton walks into the room wearing swimming trunks.
"Have you guys tried out the pool yet? It's pretty nice. Of course, the dead floating body of RJC Ultra detracted from the ambiance a little, but I got used to it after awhile."
One of the complex guards walks in and dumps RJC Ultra's dripping body onto the floor.
"Now it could have just been an accident, but considering that RJC Ultra's country just got nuked back to the stone age..."
The viewscreen changes to show the formerly proud inhabitants of RJC Ultra's nation reduced to hunter-gatherers.
"...it's probably the work of the terrorists. Anyway, let's take a look at your votes shall we?"

1Eevee1 - jrsh92
darth_vader - Mackilroy
egroeg - Mackilroy
Eugene chin - Mackilroy
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac - Mackilroy
jrsh92 - Mackilroy
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat - jrsh92
Mackilroy -
Manta - 1Eevee1
RJC ultra - GutlessWonder
SoItBegins - jrsh92

"Oh dear. Poor Mackilroy. Here, guards, hold him down while we make him watch his nation get nuked."
"Isn't that a little cruel?" asked kickme.
"Nothing is too cruel of a punishment for a terrorist, which, according to you guys, Mackilroy is."
Mackilroy cries a little as his nation is destroyed.
"OK guards, take him away to an easy death by lethal injection," Rickton says.
The guards drag Mackilroy out.
"The roles of the dead will be revealed in 24 hours, and the round will end around 12 PM EST (4 PM GMT) on Friday."

The remaining players are:
1Eevee1 -
darth_vader -
egroeg -
Eugene chin -
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
jrsh92 -
kickme -
Lemonyscapegoat -
Manta -
SoItBegins -

Crap, I just knew I was going to die.

For my farewell post:

Since you guys (falsely) believed I'm a terrorist, and this info will be revealed anyhow, I'll go ahead and tell you all now.

I wasn't a terrorist, originally I was an innocent, but Rickton gave me the goal of getting Shlizamel executed. Why? I don't know, but he did. Then said player had to leave.

Best of luck against the terrorists. 🙂

This post has been edited by Rickton : 12 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

@mackilroy, on Mar 12 2008, 07:04 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

I wasn't a terrorist, originally I was an innocent, but Rickton gave me the goal of getting Shlizamel executed.

Such roles tend to be a net negative, for everyone.

What was your promised payoff, though?
I'm assuming Rickton didn't just set you a goal, and you just did it without questioning why.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 12 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

So that's why he was so aggressive against Shilmazel. I thought that was terrorist behavior for sure.

Rickton: you didn't forbid us from doing so. If we're not allowed I'll delete all the posts involved.

As for why? He insulted my nation's hero. 😛

@mackilroy, on Mar 12 2008, 10:48 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

Rickton: you didn't forbid us from doing so. If we're not allowed I'll delete all the posts involved.

As for why? He insulted my nation's hero. 😛

Doing what? Revealing it afterwards? Well, no. But take a look at the text of your role again and realize what you just did to yourself.

It's rather unspecific and do you mean my first or second role you gave me?

The way the Necromancer role worked the last time we saw it, only a person who's role had not been revealed could be rezzed. Unless I'm mistaken, Rickton's implying that, because you revealed your role, you can't resurrect yourself now.

Remember, please, when darth_vader had the role, he was perfectly capable of resurrecting himself after he'd been killed (Once). You, Mackilroy, would have had the same ability, once you inherited Shlimazel's power. Until you revealed your role, that is.

Actually, that would be slightly different from darth's Mad Scientist role, as darth was limited by time constraints, and not by knowledge of the player's role. When JacaByte was Night-Killed, darth was still able to bring him back; darth was limited only by the need to make the decision to resurrect a player within 12 hour��Ŕ_˙��ir death, well before any investigations (24 hours) could be completed.

And we still don't know what Rickton promised to give Mack if he succeeded in killing Shlimazel. What was the Payoff? What was the reward? Because in this case, it seems to only be Mack's own death. Could it possibly have been Shlimazel's power? But if Mack had Known he was going to get Shlimazel's power, he'd also have Known Shlimazel was Innocent.

I realize it probably doesn't matter anymore, but... There's something missing.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

@eugene-chin, on Mar 13 2008, 09:21 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

I'm missing, along with some other innocents. Or didn't you mean that?

Rickton walks back into the room.
"We've investigated the quarters of RJC Ultra and Mackilroy. In Mackilroy's we found a syringe marked "Experimental Life Serum," and in RJC's we found a forcefield device. Too bad he didn't use it in time."

@eugene-chin, on Mar 13 2008, 03:21 AM, said in GTW Round 20:

What you're missing is that I was told I couldn't use my power on myself, because I'd have to be alive to administer it.

Alright, no more posts from me, I'm dead. PM me if you're still looking to continue this. 😛

So technically the round should be over, but nobody's voted and I haven't received any of the terrorists' PMs.
What's going on here guys?

I don't know? I vote for Rickton because he hasn't motivated us enough.

Just to get something happening, I'm going to vote for Manta

I vote Hypochondriac because I can.

This post has been edited by egroeg : 14 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

@kickme, on Mar 14 2008, 01:54 PM, said in GTW Round 20:

Just to get something happening, I'm going to vote for Manta

While I would normally vote for kickme in self defense I'll stick with my hunch on 1Eevee1.

Woo! Stuff's happening! I can now retract my vote for Manta, as it was purely random.