GTW Round 19

I really hope this isn't the beginning of a bandwagon.

@mrxak, on Feb 19 2008, 07:41 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

1. I don't like that SoItBegins votes randomly. Whether he's innocent or not, it hurts the game when people don't think.

Well, yes, but it sure stirs things up a bit, eh? 😛

2. I don't really believe it was a random vote anyway. SoItBegins threatened GutlessWonder at least 4 times in the last game, saying there would be consequences in future games. Again, whether he's innocent or not, it hurts the game when people vote based on grudges from previous games.

It - was - random!!

Quite honestly, I don't see the point in grudge-voting for people. I handle that sort of thing differently.

3. SoItBegins is due for being a bad guy. This is more of a gut feeling than anything else, but I know that if I was hosting Round 19, I'd have made him evil. And as other people have pointed out, I do tend to get lucky on such guesses.

mrxak, I'd like to point out that you are due for being a bad guy as well.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 19 February 2008 - 11:19 PM

Let's not travel down that cul-de-sac. If you look at things the right way, everybody is due to be a terrorist. I don't think that kind of thinking is going to get us anywhere.

@soitbegins, on Feb 19 2008, 11:18 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

mrxak, I'd like to point out that you are due for being a bad guy as well.

I've been the bad guy a lot. You've not. And since you managed to survive the last game despite a lot of people being angry at you, you'd make a good bad guy now. After all, who would vote for you now if they didn't last game? If I was hosting, I'd have made you evil because that way the bad guys got the best chance of winning.

mrxak, you seem to be trying very hard to drop me into it. This is what I find so suspicious.

I survived the last game through some very good luck, and I was expecting this round to be quieter, something which is a lot better for my health than being shot at voted against.

I was not expecting to walk slap-bang into a bandwagon put on by a guy who started it because he thinks I need to play the bad guy more often. mrxak, quite honestly, I really don't buy your reasoning. At all. In any way.

mrxak, I've already voted against you, mainly because I believe there's a good reason to do so.

Okay ladies, keep your panties on. We can all fight when we're drunk. And dead.

I'm only responsible for my own vote. If you feel others have bandwagonned against you, your problem is with them. As I said, I think a lot of them are voting against you just because it's easy. Don't mistake their motivations for mine.

@mrxak, on Feb 20 2008, 12:50 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

I'm only responsible for my own vote. If you feel others have bandwagonned against you, your problem is with them. As I said, I think a lot of them are voting against you just because it's easy. Don't mistake their motivations for mine.

Just as you said. They're all voting for me because it's easy. Easy to follow your vote. A lot of people follow you-- were you to, say, retract your vote right now, a lot of other people would also retract their votes from me.

You control a voting bloc, whether you would wish it or not. Now, what are you going to do with it?

Well, since I'm not withdrawing my vote, I guess you're just screwed.

SIB, you look like an evil person to me because you react the same way on people voting for you as in earlier games.

However, I do apologize for thinking you stole the dimes.

Hmm. Interesting. I think SIB is innocent. Why? Well, because if Manta is smart, he'd have realized that after GTW 17 lots of people are out for SIB's blood. And why would he make someone who was all but foredoomed to death a terrorist? I mean, a terrorist could easily conceal himself in all of this hubbub you thickheads are raising. And why waste a terrorist role on someone likely to get fried? So, we can take this one of two ways;

1: Lynch SIB. This will be a lynching, I believe, because of the reasons stated above.

2: Don't lynch SIB. This way we can concentrate on killing off actual terrorists.

On the other hand, to be devil's advocate, mrxak is much more experienced at this game than me. So there's at least a 50-50 chance he's right.

Or, last possibility, mrxak is a terrorist and knows that SIB is not, so he is going in for a sure innocent kill that he knows no one else will be suspicious about.

In conclusion, if SIB is innocent, then I'm coming for you mrxak.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 20 2008, 06:23 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

SIB, you look like an evil person to me because you react the same way on people voting for you as in earlier games.

Uhh... I react that way in every game.

@shlimazel, on Feb 20 2008, 11:10 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

In conclusion, if SIB is innocent, then I'm coming for you mrxak.

Considering this is only the first round and nobody knows anything I don't really think that'll be too helpful.

@soitbegins, on Feb 20 2008, 05:43 PM, said in GTW Round 19:

Uhh... I react that way in every game.

EXACTLY what I mean.

@rjc-ultra, on Feb 20 2008, 09:58 AM, said in GTW Round 19:

EXACTLY what I mean.

RJC, there's a small hole in your logic: I may react that way in every game, but I'm not evil in every game.

The burden of proof falls on you, SIB. Prove that you are not always evil.

He was an intelligence in the last round, that proves he not always evil. He could be evil this round or innocent I'm not sure

It's obvious, isn't it? I'm innocent.

It doesn't matter now, I don't think. It looks as if you're going to die no matter what, and your death will still aid us because it will mean that the odds of killing a terrorist in future rounds is going to be higher.

that's a decidedly grim way of looking at things.