GTW Game 18

I'm a bit suspicious of it as well. Even if he isn't a topnotch player and has done a lot of dumb things, it's still suspicious. I cast my vote for Eugene Chin unless Eugene can convince me that he's not a dictator.

Retracted.

@mackilroy, on Jan 30 2008, 11:14 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I'm a bit suspicious of it as well. Even if he isn't a topnotch player and has done a lot of dumb things, it's still suspicious. I cast my vote for Eugene Chin unless Eugene can convince me that he's not a dictator.

"I'm suspicious of people bandwagonning onto this one guy, so I'm going to jump on the smaller bandwagon on this other guy." Right.

Shlimazel , your reasoning for voting for Eugene Chin is specious.

Hey, just because he's made a few mistakes doesn't make him automatically evil. If I can balance it out until Eugene provides reasoning why I shouldn't vote for him, that's what I'll do. It's a fiasco if we let the dictators win.

Just so you know: The reason I voted against EC was that he was raving about what happened last game (pointless) and he voted for me (dangerous). The main reason was that if I voted for him, I would (hopefully) start a bandwagon against him to counteract the one that was starting against me.

I have nothing to do with JacaByte, and considering what he said about the last round, I doubt if he wants anything to do with me.

@mackilroy, on Jan 31 2008, 04:47 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

Hey, just because he's made a few mistakes doesn't make him automatically evil. If I can balance it out until Eugene provides reasoning why I shouldn't vote for him, that's what I'll do. It's a fiasco if we let the dictators win.

Looking back, I sometimes vote on passion instead of on reason.

It's a weakness of mine, and it's happened to me before.

Right now, I'm merely one vote behind SoItBegins.
A meager edge, that I would lose by Retracting my vote for SoItBegins.

Actions speak louder than words.
As for who I'll vote for now?

It's pretty deep into the first round and nfreader has yet to either make an appearance, or to be voted for, so let's rouse him out.
Same could be said for GutlessWonder.
Unless I'm mistaken, they are the only two players in this game for whom this can be said, but I noticed it for nfreader first.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 31 January 2008 - 07:09 AM

There are some convincing arguments, my friends, personally, I do suspect that Eugene Chin is up to something but I am not entirely convinced enough to vote.

Either way, I abstain from voting one way or the other.

How do the votes stand, and how much time is left?

My internet's going down on an irregular basis, so I wasn't able to get online at all for a day or so. With bad weather moving in hopefully it'll stay up. For now, I'll hold off on voting for anyone.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - Shlimazel
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme -
Mackilroy - Eugene Chin
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
rebelswin_85 - SoItBegins
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra -
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin
SoItBegins - Eugene Chin_

There are 39 hours left.

Voting either SoItBegins or Eugene Chin isn't going to work this round, so I'll cast my vote for Shlimazel , unless he can give a better reasoning for his vote.

Eugene, I see. I'll abstain then, until further information shows up somehow.

I voted for Eugene because A: he's seeking revenge, and if SIB is innocent than that will result in a dead innocent, and B: his remark seemed to be a direct threat to SIB. Since I don't see any other possibilities other than SIB being a terrorist (which would have a certain symmetry-sp?) I vote for EC. Simple enough. Plus I have a bad feeling about him.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - Shlimazel
darth_vader -
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: 3
nfreader: 1
Shlimazel: 2
SoItBegins: 4

Just over 36 hours to go.

@shlimazel, on Jan 31 2008, 05:08 PM, said in GTW Game 18:

I voted for Eugene because A: he's seeking revenge, and if SIB is innocent than that will result in a dead innocent, and B: his remark seemed to be a direct threat to SIB. Since I don't see any other possibilities other than SIB being a terrorist (which would have a certain symmetry-sp?) I vote for EC. Simple enough. Plus I have a bad feeling about him.

I admit he acted agressive, but he has retracted his vote already. Notice also that SoItBegins was suspiciously eager to start a bandwagon and explain his behaviour, before he had even been accused.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 31 January 2008 - 01:58 PM

RJC: The whole bandwagoning biz was an attempt to protect myself from the bandwagon brought on against me, by locking the votes in a tie. I might have also been a bit sore from that whole End-Of-Game-17 argument business.

I would retract my vote right now, except for the fact that (were the round to end now) I'd get killed. With the vote as it stands, only one person needs to vote against EC-- or retract their vote from me-- to take me out of danger. I'm only trying to save my own skin.

P.S: If that doesn't convince you, I'd like to add that I'm a natural hothead, and am highly argumentative and defensive in real life; these are traits that carry over into games of GTW. I hope this helps.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 31 January 2008 - 05:03 PM

On a completely different note: This doth not bode well.

@eugene-chin, on Jan 31 2008, 12:16 AM, said in GTW Game 18:

It's pretty deep into the first round and nfreader has yet to either make an appearance, or to be voted for, so let's rouse him out.
Same could be said for GutlessWonder.
Unless I'm mistaken, they are the only two players in this game for whom this can be said, but I noticed it for nfreader first.

It's true that nfreader has usually been a good choice, and I don't want to get involved in the competing bandwagons nor do I see any other suspicious types. Let's draw him out.

_The Big Board reads:

Anon - Shlimazel
darth_vader - nfreader
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - nfreader
GutlessWonder -
Hypochondriac -
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme -
Mackilroy -
Manta - SoItBegins
nfreader -
prophile - SoItBegins
Rickton - SoItBegins
RJC Ultra - Shlimazel
Shlimazel - Eugene Chin

Eugene Chin: 3
nfreader: 2
Shlimazel: 2
SoItBegins: 4

This is racking up interestingly. My vote for Eugene Chin stands firm. He had no reason to criticize SIB about a game that already ended in this topic. Doing so was foolish; he should have stood to what he said in his rant in GTW 17 and kept further criticism confined to that topic. His actions in this topic are suspicious, to say the least, I believe, with the spotty information we always end up with in the first round, that he is our best bet at nabbing a terrorist.