Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII

Nevermind, I just figured out what you're talking about.

This post has been edited by Shlimazel : 23 January 2008 - 03:06 PM

@hypochondriac, on Jan 23 2008, 02:03 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Anyone else want to jump on the Bandwagon? Don't be shy. None of us know what the special roles are. if mrxak can't die why be so concerned about someone voting for you? For all you guys know I'm the one who can't be killed.

I'm still going to wait till tomorrow to cast my vote

Its not a bandwagon if they have a reason to vote for you. Both have stated perfectly valid reasons.

@hypochondriac, on Jan 23 2008, 02:22 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

What makes me look so guilty? I was was just typing out my thoughts to see in anyone agreed with me. Is it better to just vote and not try to get others to side with you?

One problem with not trying to be obvious mrxak. In the first round I did come out and vote for you. Changed it later but never hid my suspicions about you.

Thing is, you didn't vote. You wanted somebody else to see your "thoughts" and vote for me as a result. Then you could follow later after everyone's attention was focused on somebody other than you.

@rjc-ultra, on Jan 23 2008, 02:33 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

I have to judge people by their posts and votes, and you look guilty. You were most likely beginning to follow a voting pattern with your first vote that terrorist followed the games before. Your second vote is also suspicious in my opinion.

I agree he's very suspicious. I will probably vote for him again in the future.

@mrxak, on Jan 23 2008, 04:42 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Thing is, you didn't vote. You wanted somebody else to see your "thoughts" and vote for me as a result. Then you could follow later after everyone's attention was focused on somebody other than you.
I agree he's very suspicious. I will probably vote for him again in the future.

Thanks, I know better now.

Since not voting looks suspicious I'm voting for Jacabyte As I stated earlier he had no reason to break the tie other then to get prophile killed.

I'm not going to be able to vote tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Sorry guys. Just thought I'd let you know. And I stick with my vote.

Well that certainly confirms Shlimazel's suspicions of you.

We'll find out tomorrow. Looks like I'm dying, there's going to be an interesting result tomorrow :cryptic grin:

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 23 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

Why would I have had Manta killed? He didn't have any type of special role, as far as I can see, and he rarely said anything that helped or hurt the causes of the nefarious people among us. I was defending Shlimazel because he apparently had no idea what was going on around here. (As I said here)

I'm going to abstain for now. In fact, I don't think I'll vote at all; people have been getting too suspicious at me lately due to my quixotic voting habits...

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 23 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

@hypochondriac, on Jan 23 2008, 05:47 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

We'll find out tomorrow. Looks like I'm dying, there's going to be an interesting result tomorrow :cryptic grin:

I'm pretty sure I'm immune to any results, interesting or not, so don't waste your threats.

@jacabyte, on Jan 23 2008, 05:53 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

Why would I have had Manta killed? He didn't have any type of special role, as far as I can see, and he rarely said anything that helped or hurt the causes of the nefarious people among us. I was defending Shlimazel because he apparently had no idea what was going on around here. (As I said here)

I'm going to abstain for now. In fact, I don't think I'll vote at all; people have been getting too suspicious at me lately due to my quixotic voting habits...

Meh, don't not vote. Not voting sucks, and then F.A.T.E. will vote for you and cause chaos. The only person who claims to suspect you is Hypochondriac, and everyone knows that Hypochondriac is a terrorist.

It's about 23 hours to go, yes?

I don't think Jakabyte is a terrorist... He is a smart guy, so he would know that secretly killing the guy who voted for him would cause a lot of suspicion. With him already being suspected, a terrorist could vote for Manta and make him look more suspicious, which would draw suspicion away from other people.

I'm just afraid of mrxak... I don't think he is a terrorist, but I do think that him dying would cause some problems...

Hypochondriac could be telling the truth about him dying being interesting, or he could be bluffing in an attempt to stay alive...

I'm gunna vote kickme because

1. He voted for me last round
  2. He won't die even if I do
  3. I want to wait one more round before I start basing my votes on what's happening

Edit: Another thought... Hypo. might not be talking about an effect that kicks in when he dies, but the effect of people finding out what his position was...

This post has been edited by Buffalo the Kid : 23 January 2008 - 06:18 PM

Some of our past games have had odd powers introduced to mix things up.

One I can think of off the top of my head was called the "Takedown," where the given player, if he should die, could eliminate one other player of his choosing.

SIB's power last game was a more unbalanced version of the same, in that it allowed him to specifically kill a Terrorist, without any prior knowledge of who the Terrorists were, when he was Night-Killed.

Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right!

--Salvor Hardin

P.S: mrxak, remember thy mortality.

This post has been edited by SoItBegins : 23 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

Isaac Asimov, Foundation.

Or, Foundation and Empire.

I have the books with me, lemme go check.

(EDIT) Isaac Asimov, not Issac Asimov.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 23 January 2008 - 07:43 PM

It's Foundation, I'm sure of it.

@jacabyte, on Jan 23 2008, 06:21 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

It's Foundation, I'm sure of it.

@mrxak, on Jan 23 2008, 06:09 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

I'm pretty sure I'm immune to any results, interesting or not, so don't waste your threats.
everyone knows that Hypochondriac is a terrorist.

Wasn't a threat, I'm not sure why you would think it is. I was just stating the result might be different then expected, I don't even know what is going to happen in anything.

This is fun I'm innocent but my responses were suspicious, good training if I ever become the terrorist.

This post has been edited by Hypochondriac : 23 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

The quote is indeed from Foundation.

mrxak , if you can't die, then there is no harm in voting for you, right?

@anon, on Jan 23 2008, 10:35 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War, Game XVII:

mrxak , if you can't die, then there is no harm in voting for you, right?

Other than the fact that you're wasting your vote this round, instead of trying to vote off a terrorist, no.

Hypercondriac , I CHOOSE YOU!

No, seriously, the arguments made by mrxak are very convincing. So much so that you shall die for them.

Round ends in 12 hours. All passengers take note.