GTW Game 16

@darth_vader, on Jan 13 2008, 05:45 PM, said in GTW Game 16:

OK, OK, here I am. My weekend has been filled with teenage angst, but it's over now. I'm going to vote for Manta, since he voted for me for "laying low" while ignoring several others doing the same thing (suspicious because I already had one vote, could be trying to start a bandwagon?), and because I can't find a compelling reason to vote against anyone else.

You've got a point here, but Manta can't vote three people at once, and since you already had a vote, it would be more likely that somebody laying low gets lynched.

This post has been edited by RJC Ultra : 13 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

@rjc-ultra, on Jan 13 2008, 12:31 PM, said in GTW Game 16:

You've got a point here, but Manta can't vote three people at once, and since you already had a vote, it would be more likely that somebody laying low gets lynched.

But that's just the thing. He didn't even acknowledge that it was a complete shot in the dark. He said that I'd been laying low even though I had been accused, but in the first round that means little. It seems to me more like he picked someone with a vote already on them because it would be an easier kill.

@eugene-chin, on Jan 13 2008, 03:00 AM, said in GTW Game 16:

SoItBegins, however, treats his random votes as a substitution for first-round debate. Once cast, he will latch on to a victim like a rabid pit-bull, and refuse to let go.

I resent that.

Just to show you, I'm going to spin the wheel again.

And the winner is... **nfreader!!

_The Big Board currently reads:

darth_vader - Manta
1Eevee1 -
Eugene Chin - Manta
JacaByte - nfreader
kickme -
Manta - darth_vader
nfreader - JacaByte
prophile - Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra -
SoItBegins - nfreader_

It would appear like we have a tie between Manta and nfreader. If this does not change in an hour, the round will be extended in multiples of 6 hours until there is somebody with a plurality of votes. To make things interesting, the terrorists will continue to kill people on schedule, starting at midnight tonight, EST (6 hours after voting was originally expected to end, 7 hours from now). Therefore, if you do not decide on somebody to kill by the end of the first overtime period, the terrorists may end up making the decision for you by offing somebody that's forcing a tie, or they may be content to simply leave you in deadlock while they kill whoever else they please. Terrorists will always kill people every 48 hours on midnight EST, whether votes are on schedule or not. I hope that this will provide incentive for the security council to get their votes in on time. As a side-effect, people doomed to die by terrorists after a vote completes may be able to debate and vote in the next round before they die. Their votes will not count once they are dead, but their arguments will remain on record.

Those of you with an interest in breaking this tie may wish to try to contact those who have not yet voted and lobby for their support to make things move along.

Eugene Chin. It is obvious that he is the new nfreader.

@prophile, on Jan 13 2008, 02:05 PM, said in GTW Game 16:

As much as I'm worried about the terrorist threat, death to Team 1!

Eugene Chin.

You really want what mrxak's offering you to kill "Team 1?"
It's a worthless prize for the price.

Wouldn't you rather Know who Four Innocent Players are in this game? That's almost half the roster.

And, nowhere did mrxak say that "Team A" needed to kill "Team 1" to Win.

The idea of removing almost half the player roster from the list of potential terrorists is much more enticing to me.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 07:03 PM

"Team 1"?! What the $#%@= are you talking about?! I don't seem to remember mrxak dividing us up into teams.

You seem to be extremely defensive. Sure, anybody who's involved in a three way tie for lynching would be defensive, but you've been unusually so. What do you have to worry about it you are truly innocent? I'm not convinced that you are innocent and a member of our team, but I don't want to change my vote yet. This is a truly interesting situation...

Remember, somebody's dying in 4 and a half hours whether you break the tie or not. If you haven't voted, please do so soon, and if you have voted, please consider changing your vote so the terrorists don't have all the fun.

I seem to have gotten all the PMs I need except from the terrorists. Please get back to me soon.

Alright, let bring the rest of you up to speed.

mrxak tagged a total of four players with the special roles of either "Team 1" or "Team A," with two players to each.

If all of "Team A" dies, then "Team 1" gains One Immunity from One terrorist strike, shared between the two players, not one immunity each.
The reverse holds true for "Team A"
Further, it doesn't defend against a Lynch.

Since they're special roles, they aren't terrorists.
Since there's two on each team, that's four players whose Identities are known to be Innocent.

And since the 'prize' for either team eliminating the other is only One Immunity, for the price of losing Two Innocents, it should have been pretty clear that the prize is too small to bother with.

In defense of the veracity of this story, may I point out that prophile knew what I was talking about when I first mentioned Team 1, something that went almost totally unnoticed by everyone else. However, he clearly hasn't come to the same realization I have about clipping the list of terrorist suspects from Ten down to Six.

In further defense of my claim, mrxak's own words:

@mrxak, on Jan 11 2008, 10:16 PM, said in GTW Game 16:

I will reveal only certain roles on death. Yes, one of those roles will be the terrorists. The rest will be a surprise.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

I will vote Eugene Chin because he attacked me and I can guarantee that I am not a terrorist. I said my vote for darth was on a hunch and he seems to have showed up now.

I understand that this late vote will look suspicious, but I dislike those who attack me.

This post has been edited by Manta : 13 January 2008 - 09:13 PM

Your reasoning for voting darth was baseless, that's why I voted against you.

What an odd position I'm in. If I keep my vote for the one I believe to be a terrorist, I'm ahead by one vote. If I switch to nfreader, I keep things stalled.

We're already in overtime, and I if I delay it, mrxak might bring the axe down on me.

nfreader. Removed

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

You sure that's a good idea? Someone who's currently voting for nfreader might level their sights on you instead to break up this stalemate, and you'd be the prime candidate for lynching by 2 votes. That would be disastrous for you, needless to say.

_The Big Board currently reads:

darth_vader - Manta
1Eevee1 - Eugene Chin
Eugene Chin - nfreader
JacaByte - nfreader
kickme -
Manta - Eugene Chin
nfreader - JacaByte
prophile - Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra -
SoItBegins - nfreader_

Less than two hours remain for both one of your lives and also the first overtime voting round. If it's still tied after the terrorists have killed one of you, it will continue another 6 hours, etc.

@jacabyte, on Jan 14 2008, 03:12 AM, said in GTW Game 16:

You sure that's a good idea? Someone who's currently voting for nfreader might level their sights on you instead to break up this stalemate, and you'd be the prime candidate for lynching by 2 votes. That would be disastrous for you, needless to say.

Do any of my alternatives look any better right now?

I explained (Link) what was going on with the "Team 1" stuff.

I did show that prophile recognized (Link) the "Team 1" stuff I talking about, when no one else did. I also showed you that mrxak was talking about "surprise" roles that aren't terrorists in this game.

If you don't believe me at this point, then I won't be able to change your mind now.

Of course, I won't have to deal with the consequences of that.

So, if you happen to see any options in my corner that I don't, let me know, okay?

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

Currently, assuming we took a shot in the dark, our chances of killing a member of either team 1 or A are the same as that of getting a terrorist, assuming there are 2 terrorists in this game. I don't give a dang about either team. With eight players on the field, a random shot will have a 12.5% chance of killing a terrorist. With this loitering around concerning the voting situation, our chances of nabbing a terrorist are zero.

With that said, I'm going to change my vote. I'm pretty dang tired of this stalemate and I don't want to see civilians die at the hands of terrorists while we all sit around arguing as to who we should lynch, it's a dysfunctional cycle. So I'm voting for Eugene Chin.

This post has been edited by JacaByte : 13 January 2008 - 10:41 PM

And the fact that knowing the identities of these teams means you can cross off potential terrorists, and thus improve your chances of hitting a terrorist from the remaining list, that means nothing to you?

Well whatever.

Remember my words next round: Manta is your most likely terrorist.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 10:44 PM

Well, if you know who these teams are, just say so!!

@soitbegins, on Jan 14 2008, 03:45 AM, said in GTW Game 16:

Well, if you know who these teams are, just say so!!

I started the game only knowing that me and my partner were on Team 1, and that a Team A existed.

With Team A acting like a prophile, I'm not inclined to help them. If I revealed anything more, they'd go after my partner in the next round, instead of looking for a terrorist

So, no. I think I'll keep the other Team 1 player's identity a secret.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 13 January 2008 - 11:02 PM

Half an hour to go.

darth_vader - Manta
1Eevee1 - Eugene Chin
Eugene Chin - nfreader
JacaByte - Eugene Chin
kickme -
Manta - Eugene Chin
nfreader - JacaByte
prophile - Eugene Chin
RJC Ultra -
SoItBegins - nfreader