GTW Game 5

I started to do a summary of what's happened so far, but it turned out to be too much work. Mackilroy's voting has been rather odd, though, I have to say. 1 defense vote (right off the bat, too... I kinda wonder about him and Mispeled--Cerberus and 1Eevee1 did the same), 1 vote for GutlessWonder "after much (unstated) deliberation", and then a change to 1Eevee1 for no apparent reason. Still, I think it's been too whacked out to be an evil dictator. Mispeled is playing a very circumspect game, though whether he's trying not to arouse suspicion or just being careful I can't tell. And I don't really know this Cerberus fellow...

I feel kindof wary of GutlessWonder. He and Eugene Chin and Cerberus have not stepped up with very much in the way of active involvement. I'd be curious to know what Mackilroy's reasoning was for voting for GutlessWonder before.

1Eevee1 continues to act suspiciously. He seems not to care if he is eliminating a dictator or not, which leads me to believe he is a dictator, and is only trying to get anyone else. His hunches are nonexistent, and he seems quite bloodthirsty.

As it stands:
Cerberus- GutlessWonder
darth_vader- 1Eevee1
1Eevee1- darth_vader
Eugene Chin- Mackilroy
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- 1Eevee1
Mispeled- Mackilroy
rebelswin_85- no lynch

Only 10 hours left to vote. Certainly been an interesting round so far. Again I would encourage rebelswin_85 to vote in that time.

@mrxak, on Aug 31 2007, 10:57 AM, said in GTW Game 5:

Only 10 hours left to vote. Certainly been an interesting round so far. Again I would encourage rebelswin_85 to vote in that time.

I fully intend to vote once I have a better idea of how I want to vote, assuming it seems necessary/like it will make a difference.

I think it would be wise to retract all the random votes and revenge votes, and just look at the actual votes we have. I'm starting to think we might have to no-lynch, because we haven't really learned enough to lynch anyone in my opinion.

I retract my vote for mackilroy.

I'm not just voting for 1Eevee1 as revenge for his voting for me, I think his actions are suspicious enough to warrent a vote. Unless he retracts his vote for me, I won't retract mine. And even if he does retract his, I'm not sure that I'll retract mine anyway. He just seems to suspicious.

Five hours to go:
Cerberus- GutlessWonder
darth_vader- 1Eevee1
1Eevee1- darth_vader
Eugene Chin- Mackilroy
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- 1Eevee1
Mispeled- no lynch
rebelswin_85- no lynch

As it stands, it's a three-way tie between 1Eevee1, Mackilroy, and no lynch. If we do end up with a tie, we're going to have a one-day extension.

I change my vote to Mackilroy.

That will end the situation of a three-way tie.

I change my vote to No Lynch.

That will impose the situation of (Edit) forcing mrxak to decide if he's counting No Lynch votes or not. If not, then I've created a two-way tie.

This is an especially fun round, this game. So far, everybody except darth_vader and rebelswin_85 has changed their votes at least once.

This post has been edited by Eugene Chin : 31 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

Since he didn't decide to vote for me, my vote for 1Eevee1 is retracted for now. I agree that Mack has been acting rather suspicious, but really no more than you. I will be watching you both.

@1eevee1, on Aug 31 2007, 07:35 PM, said in GTW Game 5:

I change my vote to Mackilroy.

That will end the situation of a three-way tie.

...and that helps us how exactly?

I think anything that gives us more time for discussion will give us more information, so creating a tie is to our advantage. Having said that,

Vote 1Eevee1

No Lynch. I'm not really quite sure enough to kill someone just yet, and we could use the extra day.

Ya'll have 15 minutes to change your vote for the last time, otherwise it'll be a no lynch, the evil dictators will kill somebody, and the next round will begin.

Okay, so be it. Nobody dies in the security council vote, as a plurality voted not to kill anybody. I'm a little disappointed, but that's how it is.

Cerberus- GutlessWonder
darth_vader- no lynch
1Eevee1- Mackilroy
Eugene Chin- no lynch
GutlessWonder- Mackilroy
Mackilroy- 1Eevee1
Mispeled- 1Eevee1
rebelswin_85- no lynch

I'll be waiting for PMs from some people, they know who they are, and then you'll all find out what happened in the night. Round two begins immediately after I tell you who died, and you'll have 48 hours from now to vote.

As an aside, I would have gone no lynch, but I wasn't 100% sure what would happen after Round 4, so yeah. I'll vote after I find out what happens, as well.

Launched by submarines from the deep ocean waters, missiles tipped with MIRVing nuclear warheads. Their target? Eugene Chin. Each of his cities wink out of existence on The Big Board, including the capital where he was making a speech at a fundraiser. It was an election year, after all. But there won't be any elections in Eugene Chin's nation, not this year, not ever. A message arrives over the radio from a relay point in Antarctica: "The Alliance of Bunnies claims responsibility for the nuclear holocaust of Eugene Chin's nation. We thank our brothers and sisters who have provided us with our arsenals."

Eugene Chin, an innocent, has been destroyed by nuclear fire. The evil dictators have made their strike. It is now your turn to decide whodunit. You have until tomorrow night, 48 hours from my previous post.

Uh guys? What are you, all afraid to make a move? Only 22 hours remain in the round!

Seems that I'll have to make the first move.

I vote for no lynch

Going for no lynch now is absolutely the worst move we can make. We only get an advantage if we no-lynch with eight, now that we're down to seven it definitely won't help us.

There's quite a few players who have only made short posts without much content - that's a sure sign of trying to fly under the radar. Mackilroy, Cerberus, and 1Eevee1 - we can be sure at least one of you is town, and lurking just prevents the town from getting knowledge. Who do you guys think is looking most like an evil dictator? Who do you think is looking the most innocent?

Hey, I work for ten hours each day on Fridays and Saturdays. Can't post much if you're not within easy reach of a computer to post on, eh?

That said, this round I vote to nuke Eugene Chin , because he had it in for me last round for simply misunderstanding him in Game IV.

EDIT: I'm silly.