Global Thermonuclear War

if mt_rand() was right again, it'll be all your fault!

It's definitely not.

Being as my people stand for truth and, you know, equality, man, I feel that I should point out that there is no leader by the name of prophile in this round. So I think the slightly misguided statements accusing this non-existent person should be put aside. Besides, he ties the room together.

Huh, that is true. Well consider me quite confused then.

Okay, I can say with absolute certainty then, that prophile is not an evil dictator. And I withdraw darwinian's name from my proposal, at least for now.

@mrxak, on Jul 25 2007, 05:02 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I could be wrong, but I think if I was the evil dictator and I was nfreader or prophile, I would seek to silence one of these votes during the genocide phase of the game.

You do realise I'm not playing this game, right?

@prophile, on Jul 25 2007, 08:40 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

You do realise I'm not playing this game, right?

Wow...it seems that even when you're not playing people still want to nuke you. 😞

As far as this round goes, I must ask people to consider those who point fingers, in this case darwinian. First he votes for someone who's not playing, and without reason then points the finger at myself. I demand an explanation!

@mrxak, on Jul 25 2007, 12:02 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

That said, let us look carefully at those two other votes that didn't matter last round. Mispeled voted for nfreader. darwinian voted for prophile. I could be wrong, but I think if I was the evil dictator and I was nfreader or prophile, I would seek to silence one of these votes during the genocide phase of the game. It might be easy to overlook, perhaps appearing as random as the first-round votes themselves, and it would mean that Mispeled or darwinian wouldn't get a chance to make a case the next round should they still feel the same. Therefore, while I cannot say this with too much confidence, I can say that I don't believe nfreader or prophile to be evil dictators at this time, and I think we should carefully consider Mispeled and darwinian. It's a classic tactic to vote for different innocents to sow the seeds of mistrust among those innocents and keep the names of the evil dictators clean. By voting for different people Mispeled and darwinian also keep their secret allegiance hidden. I'll refrain from voting at this time, but I do believe I'll be voting for one of these two tomorrow.

If I was an evil dictator, I would have been glad to jump on the kickme bandwagon. You can't ignore that there were four votes for him right in a row. Looking at the people who voted for him:

mrxak: started the vote with a legitimate reasoning, as well as doing it as a "revenge" vote.
rebelswin: "tentative" vote for kickme for no apparent reason.
gutlesswonder: voted because of kickme's randomness; weak, but legitimate reasoning.
nfreader: voted for kickme because of "computer alchemy", whatever that's supposed to mean. He was the one who very quickly brought the vote against kickme to a majority, and this couldn't have been an accident.

I don't really understand why Eevee would have been nuked, except maybe to frame mrxak. Frankly, I don't think that mrxak, or anyone, would actually be that foolish to nuke the other person who voted for him.

Also, note that we're at a Lynch or Lose point. If we hit the wrong person (which, statistically, we a 66% chance of doing if we act randomly) we'll be at 50/50 tomorrow, which I assume means that mafia win.

@mrxak, on Jul 25 2007, 07:03 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

Huh, that is true. Well consider me quite confused then.

Okay, I can say with absolute certainty then, that prophile is not an evil dictator. And I withdraw darwinian's name from my proposal, at least for now.

prophile isn't playing. I voted prophile as a way of abstaining, because, on the first day, there is no reason to vote for anyone in particular, and, if there is an even number of players, it is in the non-evil leaders advantage to not vote. I'm voting Gutless because he is high on my list of suspects, after the last round.

xander

Okay, here's what I figure. darwinian voted late and when he did he made a joke vote. I think he was trying to avoid making anybody angry at him. Compare that motive to somebody who might have tried to think of who the other dictator was.

I vote darwinian. If I'm wrong, we may be screwed, but if I'm right I think it won't be hard to figure out his ally. This vote may be a little random, but I believe it gives us our best chance at winning if we're right. That's as close to a winning strategy as I can figure.

gutless

@mispeled, on Jul 25 2007, 07:05 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

If I was an evil dictator, I would have been glad to jump on the kickme bandwagon.

Or after analyzing what little information we had, we'd already condemned an unfortunately innocent person, thus sparing xander from having to dirty his hands by participating. Now he seems like he's over-compensating by jumping into the voting at the very beginning of the round. I feel pretty strongly that he's probably an Evil Dictator, now we just need to figure out who his co-Evil Dictator is. I don't really see much cause to accuse GutlessWonder, yet, as darwinian didn't give any reasons for his accusations. Interesting, yes?

darwinian

This post has been edited by rebelswin_85 : 25 July 2007 - 10:36 AM

Darwinian , because there's little other choice at this point.

I vote darwinian

@prophile, on Jul 25 2007, 06:12 PM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I vote darwinian

You can't vote, silly.

For those that care, I voted Gutless to see what the reaction was. He jumped on the last bandwagon, but didn't say much of anything. At this point, given his reaction, I think that rebelswin_85 is an evil dictator. He is trying just a little too hard to cast blame upon me, and draw attention away from himself. I don't know who the other evil dictator is, but nfreader is high on my list, as I think his voting for GutlessWonder might be a ploy to distance himself from rebelswin_85, though I don't know.

At any rate, after y'all nuke me, you will know the error of your ways.

I would also like to point out that if a non-evil member of the security council is nuked tonight, there will be two evil dictators, and two non-evil members of the security council left. This means that the vote could easily be tied, and the evil dictators are likely to win (which, as prophile pointed out, is why the game should have started with the evil dictators nuking someone).

xander

Well, with ties that are really ties, the vote should just end as a tie and nobody gets nuked. You don't need to have the evil dictators have an extra turn to start, but they could still end up with an extra turn during the game anyway.

The Security Council meets again in hopes of catching one of the dictators. They vote, and darwinian is shot down over Iceland. After he parachutes out, police and more soldiers arrive to take him captive. They interrogate him, and he is taken to the same rope that kickme was hanged on. As darwinian is hanged, his country is put to the flame, destroying it in the space of mere moments. After the nuking, it is discovered that darwinian was innocent of all wrongdoing.

A message arrives while the Security council is in session:

"You can't stop the dark side! Soon another member shall feel our wrath!"

A few hours later, mrxak is assassinated by Spetnaz agents, and his country dies in a rain of nuclear fire.

Intelligence agent, PM me with your guess. The final act is beginning!

Far better to die to the nuclear bunnies than in a security council vote, so no hard feelings! I can only believe that they thought I was a threat.

Well, if we're still going, Mispeled has been far too quiet this entire time.

Personally, I'd just like to see the game progress, at all. I mean, geez. Were Darwinian and I the only ones keeping this game going? Vote you fools!

The three other remaining players, please vote by 12:00 CDT tonight (10:00 Pacific, 1:00 Eastern).