Global Thermonuclear War

A previously unknown terrorist group, calling themselves Earth First (a subsidiary of Greenpeace), is claiming responsibility. They claim that they were given the weapons by one of the major nuclear powers, and that they intend to use them to remove the blight of humanity from the globe so that the cute little bunny rabbits can live free from terror.

Tom Clancyrific :wub:

I vote for Mispeled because of his piss-poor attempt to misdirect flak at me. If I were the evil dictator, I wouldn't come out and make it obvious with my Hitler sig, unless I intended to make it so obvious that you guys would think I couldn't possibly be the evil dictator.

Frankly, nfreader is the most suspicious in my eyes. It's typical mafia behavior. He saw who others were leaning toward and cast a quick vote. His mentality is that others will see his vote and follow suit in order to give themselves a low profile. I don't intend to vote yet, however.

Targetting me because I was the first to speak is illogical and foolish, which I think is the only reason I've being attacked. What mrxak claims his reasoning to be is entirely flawed:

Considering that the people who are evil dictators were PMed shortly after xander's post, and Mispeled probably recieved some sort of email notification when he checked his email and came here immediately to a forum he otherwise rarely visits, highly suspicious. If he were Mackilroy of similiar name this might be excused since Mackilroy always does his moderator rounds and would keep tabs on this topic. nfreader too. I myself have been checking my forums upon waking up and lately my sleep schedule has been so ######ed up and nocturnal, that yeah, I just woke up at 2:20am (I've been pushing it back since I've actually got a 6-10 PM class starting this week and I need to be able to be awake for it).

Darwinian said in an earlier post the game would begin at 6:00 PM PST. What's suspicious about me being the first to post the thread?

Additionally, see who else Mispeled has accused: prophile. Who likes a man with a name that looks like a pedophile? Clearly a simple trick to appeal to your most basest instincts. rebelswin_85, the guy who's "different" somehow? Another simple trick.

Doesn't everyone, evil dictator or not, not want to be nuked?

I might overlook Mispeled's accusations here as being simply shots in the dark by a first-time player of this game, if it weren't for the very last thing he says. He leaves Lizard out of it. Why Lizard? Why indeed. Could it be that Lizard is in fact this game's second dictator, and darwinian has informed him by PM of such, thereby causing Mispeled to leave him off of his anybody-but-me list? I think so.

I just wanted to bring attention to his Hitler quote. I'd been hoping to do it in a JC topic, but the oportunity presented itself here. 😛

So, what'll it be. Do we kill Mispeled and his cohort Lizard first, or let him cause chaos amongst the ranks of the innocent?

It appears I've already achieved the latter. 😛

Posted Image

My vote goes to mrxak , because he seems the most radically defensive when he's taken relatively little flak. That means he has something to hide.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Security Council,

We must act quickly and decisively to end the threat of nuclear holocaust to all of our nations. To that end, I will be tabulating votes in two and a half hours (6:00 PM PDT). Please cast your ballots or make changes to your votes as quickly as possible. rebelswin_85, Mackilroy, and Mispeled, I need your votes.

To those members that are not participating in this activity, please refrain from posting off topic comments. It would be greatly appreciated.

xander

Well, I have little choice but to vote mrxak. Otherwise I'm toast.

This post has been edited by Mispeled : 09 July 2007 - 05:39 PM

I was hoping to not have to play this card, but I've run out of time. (I have to go somewhere and won't be back until after the voting has ended.)

I'm the intelligence agent. Since it's the first round, I have no proof of it, and I'm probably going to be killed for coming out and saying so. I'm only saying this because I realize this is a collective victory game; even if I am killed, if we eliminate the evil dictators, I'll still be part of the winning side. Either way, you'll find out tonight after I'm voted off or after the evil dictators kill me (or if they don't, in which case I would understand why I'd be voted off since there's overwhelming evidence pointing to me).

I knew it. Idiotic as this may sound, I believe Mispeled.

At this point in the game I'm pretty sure Mispeled is the intelligence agent and I'm confident that mrxak is an evil dictator. I don't know about the other evil dictator, we'll see.

My vote is to nuke mrxak.

I vote to nuke rebelswin_85.

@mackilroy, on Jul 10 2007, 12:47 AM, said in Global Thermonuclear War:

I vote to nuke rebelswin_85.

And that, kids, means we know who the evil dictators are: mrxak and Mackilroy. And since Mispeled seems to be the intelligence agent, we now know where the game is going.

Bah, I'm not the evil dictator. I haven't been home all day. 😛

The consensus is that mrxak is an evil dictator. Why are you not voting for him? Why are you randomly blaming elsewhere? It's because you're the other evil dictator and you don't want to do away with your comrade, because that makes the game harder for you. Every other vote has been to an individual who has drawn attention to themselves, you're just hitting randomly outside of your own circle of knowledge. Don't even bother to deny it, because that is the most transparent ploy I've ever seen in one of these types of games.

At the moment, the voting seems to be tied. I will be tabulating the votes in 50 minutes. If they are still tied, I will hold a run-off between the two players with the most votes (mrxak and Mispeled, at this point in time). You have 50 minutes to change your votes, if you wish to change your votes.

xander

I change my vote to nuke Mispeled.

Prophile: another reason may be because I don't follow the crowd, and I'm willing to use my brain to choose a target instead of bleating like a sheep and following the consensus.

And it changes to the intelligence agent, who could shop you. It's like reading it out of a textbook.

I vote to nuke me.

Sure, sure, believe what you will just wait until your dictator-ally turns on you. What then, huh?

Funnily enough, I'm not an evil dictator. I just want the evil dictators gone as quickly as possible, and teamwork = winning.

I have this sneaking suspicion that prophile is an Evil Dictator. Of course, the jammin' skeleton as his avatar probably doesn't help the impressions. But we shall see what the future holds... closes eyes for next round