What have we here...

A SketchFighter appeared on the horizon!

I am making a new level, it combines all (I think) of the climates! it's just a level that I started for fun, but it's gotten pretty big!
well here is the current version OUTEDATED! (jul 15) Attached File Adventure_2.zip (22.43K)
Number of downloads: 6

Hope you guys like it!
-K

EDIT: the current version is now at the bottom of the page! (page 1)

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 31 July 2008 - 01:09 PM

If you're referring to Cool Hand Luke in your title, I love that movie. Strother Martin and Paul Newman were also great in Slap Shot. I downloaded your level and will respond after playing it. Also, are we the last two posters, or what? :laugh:

Lamkin

@lamkin, on Jul 16 2008, 05:29 AM, said in What have we here...:

Also, are we the last two posters, or what? :laugh:

Lamkin

Some are reading and enjoying silently. πŸ™‚

@lamkin, on Jul 15 2008, 10:29 PM, said in What have we here...:

If you're referring to Cool Hand Luke in your title, I love that movie. Strother Martin and Paul Newman were also great in Slap Shot.

Lamkin

well, I was more referring to Peanuts, with Snoopy's stories. hope you like it!
the main title was just random. :wacko:

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 16 July 2008 - 10:33 AM

Ah yes, that's what I had meant to say, actually. Strother Martin and Paul Newman were actually the names of two extremely short-lived Peanuts characters. Didn't you know that? 😊
Also, I still think it's a tiny bit strange that a topic can have well over 1,000 views, for example, yet only have two posts. Is posting that difficult to do? (I don't really care, though.) πŸ˜‰

Lamkin

the main title is just random, the mini title thing is peanuts inspired

Update! Fixed really odd bug with non-active switches (That hopefully will stay that way) and added other stuff!
OUTDATED!
Attached File Adventure_3.zip (24.11K)
Number of downloads: 8 (jul 16)
PLEASE Don't Download
Hope you like it!
-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 31 July 2008 - 01:08 PM

@lamkin, on Jul 16 2008, 04:29 AM, said in What have we here...:

are we the last two posters, or what? :laugh:

I check the forum once a week on average. I'm amazed at the speed in which you're producing levels, every time I check there's a bunch of new topics! πŸ˜„ It's a shame the forum's activity has dwindled to but a shadow of its former shelf, but I can honestly say that even back in the days when it was thriving there wasn't as much development activity as their is now.

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 18 July 2008 - 06:01 PM

@kasofa1, on Jul 16 2008, 12:01 PM, said in What have we here...:

the main title is just random, the mini title thing is peanuts inspired

Update! Fixed really odd bug with non-active switches (That hopefully will stay that way) and added other stuff!
Attachment Adventure_3.zip (jul 16)
Hope you like it!
-K

Interesting ideas, Kasofa1, I'm eager for you to finish it! I like the hidden bouncy pellets cave! πŸ™‚

Klublex

I think there isn't much left to be done!
I'm going to finish it today!

-K

EDIT: Here ya go!
Attached File Adventure.zip (25.23K)
Number of downloads: 4
Please, if you find any Bugs/Glitches, don't hesitate to point them out!

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 31 July 2008 - 01:07 PM

@lamkin, on Jul 15 2008, 08:29 PM, said in What have we here...:

Also, are we the last two posters, or what? :laugh:

Well, I'd post more often if I had an internet connection that allowed me to load web pages.

On the subject of the level, who are you and how did you get ahold of my design notes? πŸ˜› Seriously, half of the tricks in that level could have been lifted straight out of the Temple of DΓΌm (particularly the Flicker and Ice Missile spawners). Other than that, though, it's looking like a fun map, even though I've only gotten a few minutes into it.

Edwards

@edwards, on Jul 31 2008, 04:53 PM, said in What have we here...:

Well, I'd post more often if I had an internet connection that allowed me to load web pages.

On the subject of the level, who are you and how did you get ahold of my design notes? πŸ˜› Seriously, half of the tricks in that level could have been lifted straight out of the Temple of DΓΌm (particularly the Flicker and Ice Missile spawners). Other than that, though, it's looking like a fun map, even though I've only gotten a few minutes into it.

Edwards

the flickermakers are actually copied off of the final zone in PMS (made by you). And I thought I might be able to use that with the ice boss (and I did). so I'm sorry if you wanted those to be a surprise 😊 I just thought it would be a cool idea.
same with the lava surge (also in the final zone in PMS) I haven't been able to finish the PMS maps(Dumb computer, it's way to slow), but I looked though it with the editor. πŸ˜‰

-K

This post has been edited by Kasofa1 : 31 July 2008 - 06:43 PM

@kasofa1, on Jul 31 2008, 11:00 AM, said in What have we here...:

Please, if you find any Bugs/Glitches, don't hesitate to point them out!

Kasofa, I really liked this level, but I was never able to shoot and destroy any ice crystals in the boss room (other than the ones coming directly from the boss, etc.). In the editor, however, things looked okay. :huh:
Lamkin

This post has been edited by Lamkin : 31 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

@kasofa1, on Jul 31 2008, 04:39 PM, said in What have we here...:

😊 I just thought it would be a cool idea.

Yep. I thought so too- glad to see other people are picking up on neat little things like that. I just hadn't remembered that I'd put those in anything I'd released. Anyway, it's good to see a prolific map-maker pop up around here- it's been slow for far too long. Keep up the good work!

Edwards

@edwards, on Jul 31 2008, 07:57 PM, said in What have we here...:

Yep. I thought so too- glad to see other people are picking up on neat little things like that. I just hadn't remembered that I'd put those in anything I'd released. Anyway, it's good to see a prolific map-maker pop up around here- it's been slow for far too long. Keep up the good work!

Edwards

faints
(I think that carries the message across well enough)
πŸ™‚
-K

do you remember anything like this in the original game? hint hint, Hint, HINT!
πŸ˜‰ you'll get it eventually!
it's intentional

-K