Project Multi Sketch

You may start a new file if you wish. The updated Part 1 shall be available for download momentarily, it's only changes from Cheleball's update being the removal of the Star.

Of course. It turns out that I have internet access today, but the entire project gets reorganized during the 24 hours I'm away anyway. Oh well.

(EDIT) What does this multi-file arrangement do to the boss/miniboss arrangement?

Edwards

This post has been edited by Edwards : 11 March 2007 - 05:38 PM

What does this multi-file arrangement do to the boss/miniboss arrangement?

Edwards

I'm still considering the possibilities. On the one hand we could have an official Boss in both parts, but it would upset the constancy a little. It would be a bit more effective if Davy Jones was a Mini Boss instead of a Boss, and then there was another Mini Boss in Area 4, followed by a Boss in 6 and a Boss 2 in 8. The problem with that of course is there wouldn't be a Boss for Area 10.

I think we'll leave the arrangement as it is for now, until a better layout is proposed. Besides, I may SMM all the parts together when the whole thing is finished.

EDIT:

How do I make proper Quote tags? I still can't figure it out...

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 12 March 2007 - 06:58 AM

@silverwind, on Mar 12 2007, 07:56 AM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

EDIT:

How do I make proper Quote tags? I still can't figure it out...

Do you hit the "qoute" button before hitting reply?

@dogbert, on Mar 12 2007, 05:35 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Do you hit the "qoute" button before hitting reply?

"Reply" should work, too.

...and then you can study the syntax of the generated quote tag, and learn from that. I haven't bothered myself, but it's not complicated.

@GSN: Sorry for the FPS death. 😞 I tuned the level for my computer, which is pretty slow (1Ghz G4), thinking that it would be slow but passable on the few computers left in the world that are slower.

Which areas give you trouble? There are only two that cause hiccups on my machine: the first room with all the flickers, and the Davy Jones boss area with that spiral, which contains hundreds of sprites. I have no objection to cutting out most of the flickers if necessary, but I must admit some emotional attachment to that spiral. It's just so pretty! 😛

The Flicker room is as far as I got. The frame-rate dies and then I die.

lol, I don't think anyone understood what I meant about the quotes. (except possibly Cheleball) I meant how do you get the link in the line next to "Quote"? Is it simply a link inserted? :mellow: scratches head in bemusement

@silverwind, on Mar 12 2007, 04:56 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

lol, I don't think anyone understood what I meant about the quotes. (except possibly Cheleball) I meant how do you get the link in the line next to "Quote"? Is it simply a link inserted? :mellow: scratches head in bemusement

Clicking the Reply button on a post should get you the link... Here, this is what shows up for me quoting your post:

(quote name='Silverwind' date='Mar 12 2007, 04:56 PM' post='1710494')

Yeah, that's what shows up alright when you make a Quote, I only get "Quote" to show up though, and I can't figure out why. Do you have to type "(quote name='Silverwind' date='Mar 12 2007, 04:56 PM' post='1710494')" when you quote? Or does it appear simply by clicking "Quote"? When I try to quote someone I do the following:

Click "wrap in quote tags"

Copy (using Command C) the text I want to quote

Paste (using Command V) the text I copied between the two "quote" texts

Click "Add Reply"

I can't get it to work though, perhaps I'm not supposed to copy and paste. Oh well, until I figure it out I'll just keep trying...

Just clicking this button: Posted Image
Is the easiest way to quote someone. Clicking the "Quote" button: Posted Image adds that post to the list of quotes that will show up in your post. Useful for replying to multiple people in a topic.

Pi

This post has been edited by PiSketch : 12 March 2007 - 06:39 PM

Thanks Pi! I was clicking the wrong button all this time! (I knew it was something as simple as that) Ok, let me try it out:

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Mar 12 2007, 08:18 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

The Flicker room is as far as I got. The frame-rate dies and then I die.

I think I've got it this time...

EDIT:

Thanks Pi! :laugh: Never again shall I hang my head in shame...

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 13 March 2007 - 02:51 AM

Hey GSN, please try deleting all of the flickers and tell me if the room is still unplayable. I tried running other programs to "simulate" an older computer, and the room was quite slow even with no enemies in it. However, I have no way of knowing how accurate my "simulation" is, so if you could do that for me I'd appreciate it.

Project Multi Sketch Part 2 is now available for download.

GSN has completed his awesome Dark Zone, so Edwards you're free to begin editing whenever you want. If your not ready to add an area, just say so and whoever's next can take the job.

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 18 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

@silverwind, on Mar 18 2007, 02:53 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

GSN has completed his awesome Dark Zone, so Edwards you're free to begin editing whenever you want. If your not ready to add an area, just say so and whoever's next can take the job.

Cute little area- and it leaves a nice opening for my area to start...

Edwards

snorts indignently
Cute indeed. You're just saying that because it's not mondo-huge like cheleball's area 🙂

@gray-shirt-ninja, on Mar 18 2007, 04:42 PM, said in Project Multi Sketch:

Cute indeed. You're just saying that because it's not mondo-huge like cheleball's area 🙂

Or even like my area may end up- I'm currently thinking of making it about the size of six-eight OnePage maps, plus a boss arena (which I really hope I can get working right- believe me, it will be cool if I can).

I also note that you didn't place the Red Gun in your area- do you want to add it to yours, or should I slip it into some corner of mine (it would not be at all hard, and actually might improve things, although I would have no complaints about your placing it)?

Edwards

Yeah, sure. Whatever. I forgot all about the red gun.

Only three days left on Edwards' area, and not a hint on what it might contain. 😛 I'm guessing a fairly elaborate layout leading up to the Boss battle.

Freq245, you are currently next in line on the participant list. Are you willing to take the file on April the 1'st if it's finished by then? Or would you like to be moved back on the participant list?