One Page to Rule Them All Voting

Round Two: The Run-off

Poll: One Page to Rule Them All Voting (19 member(s) have cast votes)
Which of these two is your favorite OnePage map?
Shooting Gallery
(12 votes [63.16%])
Percentage of vote: 63.16%
Small Circuit
(7 votes [36.84%])
Percentage of vote: 36.84%

As the previous round of voting ended in a tie, I've decided to stage a run-off vote between Shooting Gallery and Small Circuit, which will run for the next week. Vote for your favorite of the two. This poll will be open until midnight Mountain Standard Time on Sunday, March 18th, 2007, at which point the winner will be announced. Should it be a tie again, I'll just declare both maps to be the winner.

If you have not already done so, download the full set of entries here- note that only Shooting Gallery and Small Circuit are still in the contest.

Edwards

This was actually a hard vote to cast for me, since I don't in general believe in voting for myself. I also usually like Silverwind's maps, and in fact voted for Scarecrow Attack in the first round. But Small Circuit is just too hard for my tastes. I've never managed to open more than two doors without either blowing up or running out of time. It's a wonderful idea that fell flat due to (IMO) constraints that were just too tight. Given 10 seconds or more health, I probably could have done it.

So that leaves shooting gallery, which is now unplayable on slow machines thanks to the 1.0.1 update. But it gets my honest vote anyway, because I like it better than its competition. 🙂

I ask potential voters to please consider the map on the conditions under which it was developed (1.0.0), since I'm not allowed to update it in light of recent developments (1.0.1).

I voted for "Small Circuit" the last time, but trying "Shooting Gallery" out in 1.0.0 showed me what I missed. 🙂 I'm still a fan of the circuit, but the gallery has such a nice concept that I just had to go for it, it's possible to cheat through it, though.

This is a hard choice. I didn't really care for either of them. My vote goes to Shooting Gallery though. Even though I could cheat my way through it, I did enjoy it more then Small Circuit.

Shooting Gallery. Innovative, creative, best use of space (I hardly believed it was only the one page!), and more puzzle than action oriented.

Good™.

Just got a chance to play these :). I vote for shooting gallery, although small circuit was quite cool too. There seem to be two useless triggers in shooting gallery, is this correct?

Just got a chance to play these . I vote for shooting gallery, although small circuit was quite cool too. There seem to be two useless triggers in shooting gallery, is this correct?

Are there really? There are several super force fields that are supposed to keep you out of the gallery proper (that's the idea, anyway; it doesn't always work that way :rolleyes: ). Is that what you mean?

Played it again and just count one - the yellow trigger on the left doesn't seem to do anything at all. I can complete the game without triggering it.

This post has been edited by Guy : 17 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

@guy, on Mar 17 2007, 01:36 PM, said in One Page to Rule Them All Voting:

Played it again and just count one - the yellow trigger on the left doesn't seem to do anything at all. I can complete the game without triggering it.

Well, sonuvagun. You're right. I must have forgotten to add that door or something.

(When you initially said "trigger" I thought of a trigger sprite and not a switch. :))

This post has been edited by cheleball : 18 March 2007 - 10:19 PM

And we finally have a winner, with no ambiguity! Congratulations, cheleball!

Attached is the official trophy for winning the competition- yes, it's a playable map, and I suggest that you do play it to get the full effect. Hopefully, I'll have The Frozen North in a condition in which it can be sent within a few days.

Edwards

Attached File Trophy.zip (4.64K)
Number of downloads: 6

This post has been edited by Edwards : 19 March 2007 - 02:05 AM