What do You Say is the Best Weapon?

It Just Had to Happen

Poll: What do You Say is the Best Weapon? (22 member(s) have cast votes)
Normal Weapons
Pellets
(2 votes [9.09%])
Percentage of vote: 9.09%
Beam
(9 votes [40.91%])
Percentage of vote: 40.91%
Wave
(9 votes [40.91%])
Percentage of vote: 40.91%
Homing
(2 votes [9.09%])
Percentage of vote: 9.09%

Weapons poll. It just had to happen.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 05 March 2007 - 09:26 AM

I think Wave is the best of the preliminary weapons, but S. Homing got me through the End Zone on it's own 😉

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 05 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

I think the Beam is the best of the first line of weapons. And the S. Wave, for being able to take a crowd of enemies all at once and quick.

Are we talking coolest, or best at damaging things? If coolest, Wave and S. Pellets, which is what i voted. Otherwise, Beam and S wave.

Yeesh. Took you long enough. I've been waiting for a thread like this to pop up for months. 😛

Standard Weapon:
Beam. It is accurate, it has the highest damage rate of any standard weapon, is very easy to hit enemies with, and encourages "ram-and-board" combat, my favorite style (missiles just aren't the same when they aren't hand-delivered to the cockpit of your enemy with a bow wrapped around them 😉 ).
For the others: Pellets have a decent damage rate and excellent range, but are hard to aim. Homing locks onto targets, but those targets are seemingly randomly chosen and the damage rate is bad. Wave is simply too weak and too narrow.

Super Weapon:
Super Wave. It is extremely powerful due to the increased fire rate and damage-per-shot, has a wide spread, and can hit large groups of enemies simultaneously.
For the others: Super Beam has incredible range and accuracy, but only hits one target at a time, and doesn't have any damage rate increase over the standard beam. Super Pellets have a very good fire/damage rate, and are easier to hit things with due to the bounce, but aren't quite as lethal Super Wave. Super Homing has a decent damage rate, but still locks onto semi-random targets.

Note that this opinion is based primarily on multiplayer play, which has a somewhat different style from single-player. On the other hand, a quick look at the high score list will tell you my multiplayer credentials.

Oh, and my favorite weapon color is green.

Edwards

Of the non super weapons i'd say homing is the best, especially with enemies that do a lot of damage because you can move around them without getting hit while still doing damage. And of the super weapons definatley wave because of all the damage. It works especially well with large swarms of bugs and flickrs.

@(Pi) No, basicly for ther usefullness.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 05 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

The pellets, I think, are actually the easiest non-super weapon to use. You can continually fire easily and keep small meanies far away from you, and if you encounter something bigger, it can normally be destroyed from a distance while you're traveling towards it before you get there if you have good enough aim. I suppose it's not great to take out the most enemies the fastest, but it gets rid of the enemies in your way without making you slow down.

The super-wave is definitely the best weapon, period. It completely eliminates the need to slow down for any reason, ever.

I'll have to say that, in regular weapons, I love the beam. It's the perfect chirurgical precision tool, while long enough to destroy mines and stuff outside of harm range if it is needed and you are careful.

More surprisingly, in super weapons I prefer the super pellets. They are versatile (can be used both for long-distance precision shots, and short-range slaughter in corridors), and their (double, if not in hard) bounce allows for interesting tactics in some situations. The others just feel too brute-force to me, while they have their use in some circumstances.

Well, I have to admit, I voted similarly to Zacha.

Standard Weapon: Beam

The beam is short-ranged, but it has decent damage, and is (for me) the most effective weapon, even against turrets, etc...

Super Weapon: S. Pellets

Although there seems to be little damage increase, the ability of the S, Pellets to hit enemies around corners surpasses even S. Homing in its usefulness. Also good for clearing passages, etc.

Oh, and the my favorite weapon color is red.

I seem to be the only person who thinks S. Homing one of the more useful weapons. With it, you can nearly always guarantee victory over your opponent. It may be a slow weapon to use, and it can't go through walls like the Wave, but it can go around them. It allows you to concentrate more on flying and avoiding enemy shots, while it does the rest, that's why it's only attainable after you've beaten most of the Bosses in solo mode.

My personal favorite weapon colour is Yellow, then Blue, Green and finally Red.

The super homing gun would be excellent if you played carefully for the game experience, and not for speed. But after a few times through the game, the need to kill every enemy carefully before you advance through the level is lost. It becomes more of a quest for speed and skill, for which the s. homing gun is almost useless (except against the first part of the final boss). Its only advantage over super waves is its distance, but the waves kill more things, faster, and through walls.

Wave for basic weapons, and definitely super beam for super weapons. Blue, by the way.

Ah, yeah, color It's a thoughie I think the green is coolest with its impact particles (which unfortunately don't do damage), but the blue is most efficient (since for practical purposes the enemies are dealt with quicker since they freeze before they die), and red is very useful to trace walls and stuff. I know for sure I don't like yellow, though.