The Temple of Death

Example turns into a real part of the level!

I've done part of the level already, now you can download the jail. Below is gana be a pond. And a stream that runs through the jungle. After that there'll be a sea, and finaly a dessert, in which The Temple of Death is found.

Includes:
Underwater!
Hard to ascape jail!
Many custum enemies!
Secret rooms inside the temple!
Traps!
Spiderwebs!
Switches to de-activate enemies with power sources!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 03 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

I'll gladly Beta when you need some one. Sounds like it should be fun.

I would gladly test it if you would post and/or send it to me.

This post has been edited by Dogbert : 29 January 2007 - 10:48 PM

BETA testing time!

This post has been edited by (SW) Spartan 327 : 31 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

@-sw--spartan-327, on Jan 31 2007, 09:38 AM, said in The Temple of Death:

BETA testing time!

Not really 😛 It's only an example.

Yes, it's only a beginning, but from what I've seen, a promising beginning. Keep going!

Yes indeed. I was quite confused with the cable, then i just shot in circles and it blinked. That's a very good idea, by the way. I really like that.

Thanks for the feedback. Hey, by the way, did you notice the spiderwebs? They stick you on them. And that dark part, it's sopposed to be fog.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 31 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

That example looks quite good- if the level has quite a few things like that, it ought to be pretty fun. I particularly like that spiny-shelled bug (which for some reason reminds me of the Buzzy Beetles from Super Mario Brothers. No, not the Spinies, the Buzzy Beetles. Odd, I know. It's probably because it's round, blue-grey, and immune to fireballs).

Anyway, a few comments about the tricks that you use in this level:

1. The big spiderweb looks more like a net to me, given how square it is.
  2. The fog would probably look more like fog if you made it shift around a bit over time, either in position or color.
  3. The cable you need to cut would probably be more obvious if you attached it to a reactor.
  4. I would love to see that shielded bug turned into a shielded GunBug- place a Not Solid Tank Turret on top, and it will fire two shots straight ahead every couple of seconds.

Edwards

@edwards, on Jan 31 2007, 07:22 PM, said in The Temple of Death:

That example looks quite good- if the level has quite a few things like that, it ought to be pretty fun. I particularly like that spiny-shelled bug (which for some reason reminds me of the Buzzy Beetles from Super Mario Brothers. No, not the Spinies, the Buzzy Beetles. Odd, I know. It's probably because it's round, blue-grey, and immune to fireballs).

Anyway, a few comments about the tricks that you use in this level:

1. The big spiderweb looks more like a net to me, given how square it is.
  2. The fog would probably look more like fog if you made it shift around a bit over time, either in position or color.
  3. The cable you need to cut would probably be more obvious if you attached it to a reactor.
  4. I would love to see that shielded bug turned into a shielded GunBug- place a Not Solid Tank Turret on top, and it will fire two shots straight ahead every couple of seconds.

Edwards

Ok. I'll try that. Also, that spiny bug is only not protected against the Wave.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 01 February 2007 - 10:37 AM

Looks like you've got the makings of an excellent level, how much more progress have you got so far?

This post has been edited by Silverwind : 01 February 2007 - 12:48 PM

@silverwind, on Feb 1 2007, 11:47 AM, said in The Temple of Death:

Looks like you've got the makings of an excellent level, how much more progress have you got so far?

Like the temple of the pen, this is extremely big. And, the example isn't at all part of the level, it's mix to see some of the futures. I'm probably done 1% of the real level, maybe less 😛

View top post for file.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 03 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

I think it'd be better to keep it to one topic, thanks.

Ooh, but i do LOVE the reactor-type-thingy. That is WAY cool. Seems to be coming along nicely. Keep it up!

Pi

@zacha-pedro, on Feb 2 2007, 07:19 PM, said in The Temple of Death:

I think it'd be better to keep it to one topic, thanks.

Ok, but I'll move this post to the top 😉

@firefalcon, on Feb 3 2007, 01:33 AM, said in The Temple of Death:

Ok, I seem to be done with the jail and I'm making a pond below it. Download to see for yourself!

Tips for ascaping the jail:

Spoiler

1. In the start, where you appear, shoot in circles. Something will blink red. 2. Sometimes, enemies help you. This is no difference here with the grey turrets. Make them shoot down and get out of the way.

Ermmm, you aren't supposed to be able to kill anything with life points with your pellets, right? Especially not if that causes you to become not solid and the level pitch black? Really interesting bug (I'm sure it's ZP's fault. It must be his one.).

Okay, you can destroy the first special wire without any strange results here but the rest is really strange.

Meh.

Even more promising than your first test level, which was also pretty cool. I like the trap idea, it'll have players using their minds and thinking about things instead of just shooting and dodging.

@freq245, on Feb 3 2007, 09:05 AM, said in The Temple of Death:

Ermmm, you aren't supposed to be able to kill anything with life points with your pellets, right? Especially not if that causes you to become not solid and the level pitch black? Really interesting bug (I'm sure it's ZP's fault. It must be his one.).

Okay, you can destroy the first special wire without any strange results here but the rest is really strange.

Does that happen with the one on the top post? I don't get it well from what you say, but I don't know...

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 03 February 2007 - 02:00 PM