The Temple of Death

An interesting start. Comments so far:

1. The turret switch is grey, but can only be triggered with the yellow wave gun. Was that intentional? If not, remove the second switch that's stacked on top of the first, and/or change the Extra1 value.
  2. The main doors of the jail are brown, which never appears in the single-player game, but open when hit by the yellow gun. Huh?
  3. I hope you're planning some bonus for freeing the other jailed fighter. Perhaps a secret passage should open somewhere when you destroy the last wall holding it in?
  4. That spinning, bouncing ball thing is indestructible, although it looks like you were trying to make it vulnerable to missiles.
  5. Nice arrangement for getting out of the first section of the jail. It would be nice if that was continued into the method for opening the main door, though.

@freq245, on Feb 3 2007, 08:05 AM, said in The Temple of Death:

Ermmm, you aren't supposed to be able to kill anything with life points with your pellets, right? Especially not if that causes you to become not solid and the level pitch black?

Did you kill that round spinning drone, the one made from a switch? It isn't named "Sprite", but what you describe sounds exactly like what happens when you kill a switch with the same name as everything else in the level. Also, which version of the game are you using? If it's 1.0.1, and the bug doesn't happen in 1.0.0, then there's clearly something going on that level designers need to be aware of to maintain compatibility.

Edwards

@edwards, on Feb 3 2007, 01:43 PM, said in The Temple of Death:

An interesting start. Comments so far:

1. The turret switch is grey, but can only be triggered with the yellow wave gun. Was that intentional? If not, remove the second switch that's stacked on top of the first, and/or change the Extra1 value.
  2. The main doors of the jail are brown, which never appears in the single-player game, but open when hit by the yellow gun. Huh?
  3. I hope you're planning some bonus for freeing the other jailed fighter. Perhaps a secret passage should open somewhere when you destroy the last wall holding it in?
  4. That spinning, bouncing ball thing is indestructible, although it looks like you were trying to make it vulnerable to missiles.
  5. Nice arrangement for getting out of the first section of the jail. It would be nice if that was continued into the method for opening the main door, though.

Did you kill that round spinning drone, the one made from a switch? It isn't named "Sprite", but what you describe sounds exactly like what happens when you kill a switch with the same name as everything else in the level. Also, which version of the game are you using? If it's 1.0.1, and the bug doesn't happen in 1.0.0, then there's clearly something going on that level designers need to be aware of to maintain compatibility.

Edwards

Thanks, I think those bugs apeared with me testing it with all the upgrades 😛 I'll get on fixing that.
The ball was a bug, I found out after making it a .zip file. I'll go on doing that. Thanks!

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 03 February 2007 - 02:54 PM

@edwards, on Feb 3 2007, 08:43 PM, said in The Temple of Death:

Thanks for giving me the hint of trying out the level in 1.0.0. The bug isn't there, which causes me to send another beta tester mail right now.

We've got an explanation on that one. Basically, the fact that there is a switch named "Sprite" at all in this level, combined with a few internal changes to account for custom level saving, makes all hell break loose. Now this has been reported the switch linking will be disabled if the switch is named "Sprite", but at any rate it's not a good idea to have such a switch at all, so I guess the very presence of this switch sprite can be called a bug of this level and it should be removed.