Factory Glitch 1.1

Unfortunately, it looks like you goofed the zip you uploaded, it was 0kb. I had to delete your submission. (and don't worry about not having Stuffit, in fact I'd prefer if everything was simple .zip, despite what the uploading instructions say).

BTW, comments on the latest version posted to this topic:

Spoiler

Oh, I just love the way you hid the super wave. Well, sure it's abusing a little the fact that you just have invisible walls to trace the limits of the secret zone (which I can't blame you for, btw, since bugs in the current release with custom level do not make this necessarily easy), but very well thought (thank God for the effect of the red gun). Perhaps you're abusing a little the unmapped space "feature" though.

Oh, also I do not revert to a normal orientation when exiting this zone, as a rule of thumb people ALWAYS put a "spin back" at the entrance(s) of a zone with spins, this way the player will always revert to default orientation when exiting the zone.

Some of the skull turrets disappeared when I killed the red triple turrets (too easy with the super wave!), except one. Normal?

A little (surely unintented) unmapped space behind the third ship.

Pay attention to the layers you put stuff in, especially in the Boss zone

Gah, I hit this invisible turret-holder again. Make it so that it's destroyed at the first shot that hits it once the turret has been destroyed or something.

Drat! I'll rezip/resubmit.

I'm pretty happy with the super wave thing, too. Will add SpinBack before re submitting.

And yeah, the skull turrets are suppsed to go away. One of them staying, i didn't see the need to fix, but i will since you've pointed it out.

Will fix unmapped space by 3rd ship.

What do you mean by layers? I know i did a bit of fiddling, to get the flowers to show on top of the boss.... OH! Are you talking about the tan background square that shows on top of the ship? That's intended.

Turret holder: Really? I set there for a long time waiting for it to hit me, but ok... I'll make sure it's set to not solid.

Pi

Much better archive this time 😉

Uh oh, turns out it's not such a great idea to make it non-solid, as then it can go through walls (even though the turret on top of should not be able to)... better make it trivial to destroy (given its contact box, it can't be hit as long as the turret on top of it is there, except if the player has the wave which he can't at this point).

@zacha-pedro, on Jan 19 2007, 12:14 PM, said in Factory Glitch 1.1:

Uh oh, turns out it's not such a great idea to make it non-solid, as then it can go through walls (even though the turret on top of should not be able to)...

Perhaps parent sprites should pay attention to collisions of their children? I suppose it's a bit late in the design of the game for that, though...

@zacha-pedro, on Jan 19 2007, 12:14 PM, said in Factory Glitch 1.1:

better make it trivial to destroy (given its contact box, it can't be hit as long as the turret on top of it is there, except if the player has the wave which he can't at this point).

How about either a flicker with -5 HP or any sprite with an Extra2 of 6 and and Extra1 of 0? I haven't tested the latter, but either one should make the thing detonate when it hits the player, without doing any damage. There will be an explosion, but hey, this level is designed for glitches like that.

Edwards

I think the second case will cause it to hit its own child, or at any rate any scenery (;) Freq), so the first would be better. And yes, more in line with the general ambience of the level (though an invisible thing that hits you or a turret that moves and goes through walls does too...)

@zacha-pedro, on Jan 19 2007, 09:34 PM, said in Factory Glitch 1.1:

I think the second case will cause it to hit its own child, or at any rate any scenery (;) Freq), so the first would be better.

Hehe, my enemy won't hit its child any longer. Finally the last glitch of my big project got fixed. Await it to come out soon.