Forest Boss >_<

I can't even seem to be able to damage this guy, so I'm wondering if I'm supposed to get a different weapon or something first. I have the super beam, red, yellow, green and blue guns. I know there's a weapon that lets you hit through walls right? Do I need that to beat him?

Well that was ironic.

(I figured it out)

Ahhh good to hear.

@kyros, on Dec 27 2006, 01:49 AM, said in Forest Boss >_<:

Well that was ironic.

(I figured it out)

And?? AND???

PLEASE help me with this, I'm going nuts. I have noticed that the boss usually resembles, in some way, the baddies you see throughout its level. So with this one I was trying rotating phasers, but to no avail. It also took an entire complement of torpedoes and shrugged it off.

How do I kill it?? HOW???

Thanks! 🙂

As with evey boss, not all parts of it can be harmed. But this one takes the concept a little further as you cannot even harm the sensitive part initially...

This similar thread gives it all away, if you don't want to enjoy figuring it out.

I don't know if it was just me but I found the forest boss one of the easier ones of SketchFighter.

@prophile, on Jan 3 2007, 01:42 PM, said in Forest Boss >_<:

I don't know if it was just me but I found the forest boss one of the easier ones of SketchFighter.

At least if you fly into a very intimate zone of the boss and attack it there...

Really? I find it the hardest - harder than even the end-zone (ignoring the tank boss for the moment since it's bugged). You can try to rush inside and kill it there but there's a very high risk of you dying first that way.

I found it pretty easy compared to the others too, it was easier to mass rocket because it didnt move.
all I did to beat it was quickly destroy the side shield bubble things, then gget to a spot close to the core where there is nothing in the way and quickly missile the crap out of it. speed is the key because the enemies are spawned quickly.

I'd even go as far as saying it was the easiest bar the factory core and big mama flicker. Even the crab king was harder than the heart of the forest.

@prophile, on Jan 4 2007, 11:58 AM, said in Forest Boss >_<:

I'd even go as far as saying it was the easiest bar the factory core and big mama flicker. Even the crab king was harder than the heart of the forest.

I disagree with that. The Crab King did take a long time, yes, but it was so simple and there was nothing to dodge. The Forest Boss is a puzzle first (a little difficult) and there are many things to dodge or worry about.

I havn't beaten it, but there are three bubble thingies. Must kill the two side ones to de-activate it's shields, and then shoot the middle bubble.
-FF
(Sorry, I was on vacations for two weeks)

@cris, on Jan 2 2007, 07:00 PM, said in Forest Boss >_<:

And?? AND???

PLEASE help me with this, I'm going nuts. I have noticed that the boss usually resembles, in some way, the baddies you see throughout its level. So with this one I was trying rotating phasers, but to no avail. It also took an entire complement of torpedoes and shrugged it off.

How do I kill it?? HOW???

Thanks! 🙂

I double that. Just I HAVE harmed it, up to 50%.

This post has been edited by FireFalcon : 09 January 2007 - 08:56 AM