Final battle

Super cool, but frustrating.

Soooooo..... I'm obviously missing something, and after being exploded for the hundredth time, I must ask for a hint. I can't seem to hurt the final boss with any of my weapons, so do I need some sort of super secret weapon I havent found yet to beat it?

You need a special weapon which isn't fired with space. And you got it pretty early.

🙂

Ah, finaly mangaed to figure it out. That would be it's weak point wouldn't it...

SPOILER!
Best way to beat the first part of the final boss:

"Run around in circles and fire the homing gun constantly. This way you will lose no life and take out the first part of the boss rather quickly."

@god-2-0, on Dec 2 2006, 05:20 PM, said in Final battle:

"Run around in circles and fire the homing gun constantly. This way you will lose no life and take out the first part of the boss rather quickly."

SPOILER!
"Yes, but what about the second part? The Blue Super Wave Gun (AKA full-auto shotgun) is quite effective for most things, but it's nearly useless against lava blobs. It worked perfectly well in normal mode, but I think I'll need to waste some missiles in Hard Mode. And they (I think) leave mini-blobs."

Edwards

The blue gun is the optimal choice against lava blobs, as it does not leave anyone left after they shatter.

Oh, they're lava blobs? I thought they were nasty jellybeans. 😄