Vegeta's idea2

If anyone's feeling really bored, I'd sure like it if someone emailed the storyline to me. I'd like to see how it compares to SETR.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Originally posted by Joveia:
**If anyone's feeling really bored, I'd sure like it if someone emailed the storyline to me. I'd like to see how it compares to SETR.

Not even in the same league, I fear.(and that was not to the detriment of the excellent SETR storyline). I haven't really put together characters and such yet, merely a very broad outline for the 100 missions. I'll fwd you what I do have though.

------------------
"It could be argued that MacOS X is less of an operating system and more of a screen saver (puts up pretty images for you to stare at while preventing you from actually getting work done)."
-mcb

Thanx. Every bit helps.

------------------

howdy all im back (for a wile at least)

what needs to be done? can some one sum up all the things done recently.
if any programing bugs come up i can help, i have a nack with them.

------------------
"Time is only a guide
line"

Originally posted by 9024:
**howdy all im back (for a wile at least)

what needs to be done? can some one sum up all the things done recently.
if any programing bugs come up i can help, i have a nack with them.

CF2/3 ships are complamented with graphics
Storyline outlined

Underway:
Balanceing the build rates/speeds of the CF2/3
Polishing the storyline
Making Explosion graphics... i suck at them...
Major changes to the systems are underway, stations and such

Some things you could do:
Ill send you a copy of the CF2 ships and you could implament the true cloaking.
How:Special is Alter/Cloak - Alter/BaseType to a copy of the ship that has the Hated flag unchecked.
Also you could implament the P with the Stinger missiles instead of the mines.

------------------
"...In the future, new tyrannies will arise. Wars will happen again. There will never be true peace as long as the human race endures."

You will also need to uncheck the CAN BE ENGAGED flag on the cloaked version of the ship... If I remember correctly if you don't the computer won't shoot but will act as if you ship is still there. Unchecking it should make the computer take no notice of you...

------------------
I thought of a great sig yesterday and now can't remember what it was... Oh and I'm apparently not very well liked by Joveia for reasons unknown to me... or him...
Ares plugins to date: Earth's Journey Back To The Stars, Scenario Contest and Cantharan vs. Ishiman.
Ares plugins in development: Star Trek: Ares, Viva La Resistance.

Hmm, about the true cloaking. Once it has been altered to the new ship which isn't hated, now cloaked. But when the ship gets shot, the cloak drops, yet it doesn't alter base type back to the hated version. So the AI wont attack it even if they should now see it. Any ways around this?

------------------
"...In the future, new tyrannies will arise. Wars will happen again. There will never be true peace as long as the human race endures."

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**Hmm, about the true cloaking. Once it has been altered to the new ship which isn't hated, now cloaked. But when the ship gets shot, the cloak drops, yet it doesn't alter base type back to the hated version. So the AI wont attack it even if they should now see it. Any ways around this?

You could do a kinda hack which makes the explosion fx that weapons create on contact be a valid target for a second or two.

------------------
Originally stated by Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering:
Naturally the common people don't want war...but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along....All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

Originally posted by Patrick:
(/b)You could do a kinda hack which makes the explosion fx that weapons create on contact be a valid target for a second or two.
(/B)

Yea, i gues that would work.

Got one standered explosion.
I think that, it wont be possable to edit the build rates/speeds untill all the sets are into one plug-in with graphics and everything. Because in order to get it precisly tuned, it has to depend on how fast other races can build their ships. And the superiority factor.
Need to get working on the CF2 BreifPicts...

Oh, did i mention i got the Nuke D system to stop a distance from a planet, and then blast away missiles, while it remains out of notice? Cool effect. Although, i cant seem to simulate this effect with frienly AI very well. When i tell them to attack the planet, they attack it and dive right in and get killed.
I've changed the Atrans to have 5 teams, i think that since both the trans and the Atrans share the same ship frame, and since the transport has enough troops to capture a planet, that an Atrans should be able to fit at least 5 teams. And that is considering extra room for gear.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 06-21-2002).)

**Hmm, about the true cloaking. Once it has been altered to the new ship which isn't hated, now cloaked. But when the ship gets shot, the cloak drops, yet it doesn't alter base type back to the hated version. So the AI wont attack it even if they should now see it. Any ways around this?

If the cloaked ship gets shot it won't decloak just flare to visibility and go back to being cloaked. If you want it to decloak when hit by a stray weapon a collide action might work. make the collide action alter it back to the hated version and alter the cloak so it decloaks... I've never actually tried that so I don't know if all weapons will decloak it in that way but it is worth a try.

------------------
I thought of a great sig yesterday and now can't remember what it was... Oh and I'm apparently not very well liked by Joveia for reasons unknown to me... or him...
Ares plugins to date: Earth's Journey Back To The Stars, Scenario Contest and Cantharan vs. Ishiman.

(This message has been edited by brookeview (edited 06-21-2002).)

Originally posted by brookeview:
**...If you want it to decloak when hit by a stray weapon a collide action might work. make the collide action alter it back to the hated version and alter the cloak so it decloaks... I've never actually tried that so I don't know if all weapons will decloak it in that way but it is worth a try.

If it doesn't work with weapons, you could have the weapons make ships with a scale of 1 and an age of 1 when the weapons hit stuff. The ship would not show up in ares, although it would most likely not collide, so I'd have it make 5-10 such ships with a decently small distance range. That would get a bit intensive on the objects, at times, though.

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

You know if you're gun' test this you'll need testers, I'd like to sign up (and if you have a build already I'd like to test it... I could offer some 1337 advice without any rose-tinted glasses whatsoever.)

I conclusively proved that calculations via an appropriately intelligent programmed calculator were far better for equalising factions and alot of other stuff toe-to-toe comparisons afford (even some interesting, 'inventory' rules which spiced up my pre-plugin quite alot. If you ask - results please? Then please download SETR multiplayer lite from the addons page, or even if you can still find it, my old SETR public beta/betas. Almost everything there, damage, weapons, the ****load, were done with a calculator and piece of paper.

---------------------

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 06-23-2002).)

**You know if you're gun' test this you'll need testers, I'd like to sign up (and if you have a build already I'd like to test it... I could offer some 1337 advice without any rose-tinted glasses whatsoever.)

I conclusively proved that calculations via an appropriately intelligent programmed calculator were far better for equalising factions and alot of other stuff toe-to-toe comparisons afford (even some interesting, 'inventory' rules which spiced up my pre-plugin quite alot. If you ask - results please? Then please download SETR multiplayer lite from the addons page, or even if you can still find it, my old SETR public beta/betas. Almost everything there, damage, weapons, the ****load, were done with a calculator and piece of paper.

Joviea can you stop Dragging on about how great the never-finished STER plug in was.

And i personally am not going to spend a day taking a calc and trying to figure the balance out. Maybe someone else? And i think this plug better start moving at a faster clip or it's not going to be finished anytime this century. I've about 3 explosions now, Mag do you have a vague idea what the P ships are suppose to look like? i can't seem to find anything to fit. Maybe you could draw some sketches of what you think they should be and e-mail them to me.
------------------

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 06-24-2002).)

Joveia, if you want to send your equations my way, feel free to do so. You can test but we're still implementing ships and graphics right now.

------------------
Originally stated by Reichsmarschall Hermann Goering:
Naturally the common people don't want war...but after all it is the leaders of a country who determine policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along....All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**On the Stiletto, though: It's supposed to be a suicide raider. Charges in, fires a heavy paylod of Carrion missiles, not too much slower than the carrion missiles, and self-destructs when it's destroyed. I suppose you could change it so it purposefully rams stuff.

Ok how many people want to fly around in a spaceship and then blow themselves up? Maybe a great way to get rid of crazy teenagers... But then again i don't think that even teenagers would be dumb enough for that. Suicide bombing is always done on an important scale, destroy something really vital to the enemy. And then, less then 50 people in all are used. (Even the japanese kamikaze pilots targeted mainly aircraft carriers which were the center of the real power in the pacific war)

Also, this makes it less enticing for the player to want to pilot these craft. And, after all you want to make the player be interested in flying all the ships. And with such limited options, i dot think the player would want to pilot a stillito.

------------------
"Whether you want to or not, one day, EVERY knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is lord to the glory of God the father."

**Joviea can you stop Dragging on about how great the never-finished STER plug in was.

Pardon if I choose to ignore your annoyance 🙂

------------------

In retrospect, I shouldn't have posted this.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Joveia (edited 06-25-2002).)

Patrick: how are you comeing on the MU/CF1 stations?
I'm itching to get the systems finished.

------------------
"Whether you want to or not, one day, EVERY knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus is lord to the glory of God the father."

Have one station for the MU- I'll get to work on one for a MU HQ Station and some GRE and SF ones right now.

EDIT: oh yah for the Sirus we'll have the planets and belts in this order:
Syn'iena
Near Belt
Agni'oran
Far Belt
Dur'enio
------------------
I just realised...I hate huge signatures and I have one myself- DOH!

(This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 06-25-2002).)

**You know if you're gun' test this you'll need testers, I'd like to sign up (and if you have a build already I'd like to test it... I could offer some 1337 advice without any rose-tinted glasses whatsoever.)

Could one of those be it? (url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/joveia")http://homepage.mac.com/joveia(/url)

------------------

(This message has been edited by brookeview (edited 06-28-2002).)

(This message has been edited by brookeview (edited 06-28-2002).)