Vegeta's idea2

Since the 2nd page takes forever im starting a new page. Here's up to so far...
1. Director -Patrick
2. Writers - Jager, Fearra, Skyfox, Anic, SA, brookeview, Vegeta, Patrick, Mag
3. Graphic Artists- Fearra, Skyfox, SA, Patrick
4. Engineers - Fearra, Anic, SA, brookeview, Vegeta, Patrick, Mag
5. Programmers - Fearra, SA, brookeview, Vegeta, Patrick
6. Musicians - SA, Vegeta
7. Testers - Jager, Fearra, Anic, SA, brookeview, Vegeta, Patrick, Skyfox, Talon Karrde

EF-Global Republic of Earth-GRE Ares-style ships. Normal ares sizes. Ares-speed hyperdrive.
----
A misunderstanding during a “minor” conflict, caused Russia to launch an ICBM at India, starting a nuclear war which left much of the developed world a radioactive wasteland. The following economic recession caused a global depression lasting almost a decade. The remaining nations formed a loose economic confederacy to fight the recession- the GRE. The leaders of the GRE were of course not satisfied with their weak economic power, and the sovereignty of the nations has slowly eroded and the GRE took over. The Republic’s ministries of Economy and Defense now control most of the power in their respective sectors and the GRE military have “taken care of” any holdouts to absolute GRE power. Several recent amendments to the Republic charter have had the disturbing effect of concentrating power into the hands of a privileged few...

CF1-Syn'iena Faction-SF slow, tough, ships, one with an optional siege mode that takes 25-45 seconds to activate, and is extremely powerful once completed. Ships are large sized.(80x80 - 192x192 ?) No hyperdrive. Weapons short range but flak style, heavy cannons, some weak missiles.
----
Declared their independence from the GRE in 2872 AD. The main home planet of their system is called Syn'iena witch in their language means “safe place”.

CF2-The Free Worlds of Jados-FWJ Low shields, but fast and equipped with long-range guided weapons. Also small. (24x24 - 96-96? ) hyperdrive
----
Declared their independence from the GRE in 3590 AD. The main planet in the Proxima system was named after Jados P. Anderson. The crew owed him their lives, for the colony ship #2 “New Horizons” would have exploded if he hadn't crawled back into the engine section and manually shut the reactors down. However, Anderson received too much radiation from being too close to the nuclear reactors, and died. He sacrificed his life so that his crew could live. They named the planet in his honor.

Barbarians-(unnamed) Decently fast, very little shielding (maybe a quarter of the norm) and very big guns. They also have a large variety of transports.
----
The barbarians were once a pirate group, but their organization was so effective that they began aiming for bigger and bigger targets. Now it raids cities and stations, and occasionally convoys. The barbarians let lone ships be, as they don't consider them worth the effort. Their raids are well organized and rarely fail. They've also invented cruise missiles, which are actually ships with warp drives. Upon production, they fly for their target and detonate. They are very powerful, and are often used by the barbarians for support fire during battles.

CF3-Centaurian People’s Republic- CPR Have some fast, tough ships with powerful short range guns and no cloaks, and some slower ships with plenty of long range support weapons. So their up-close ships would duke it out with enemy fleets, while their support ships rained fire in from a distance. The support ships should have more powerful guns, compared to their prices, but ones that aren't very good for close-up combat. Their support ships should have cloaks.
----
Inhabiting the richest planet in the system, the Mycenians were in the CPR’s way. Forty years after the colonists arrived in the system, the Mycenians turned down a “treaty” that would have made them slaves to all intents and purposes. Two weeks later, CPR troops attacked Mycenia. The campaign was brutal and swift. The technology of the Mycenians was roughly equivalent to 2001 AD Earth’s, far less advanced than the 22nd century technology of the CPR. The standing Mycenian forces were quickly destroyed, and the resource-rich equator of the planet was rapidly fortified against any assaults on the strip-mining operations there.

P-National Fighters for Free Trade-NFT Fast, low shields, powerful weapons, and big(to hold captured cargo) ( 64x64 - 144x144) no hyperdrive(haven’t managed to steal one)
----
Pirates are in all systems. One pirate group realized that a probe, when designed correctly, could withstand the forces of FTL and travel to other systems. They had also been developing communications for coordinated attacks and such, so they sent probes out, with the plans for their interstellar communications devices, to the most likely places for pirate outposts in the other colonized systems. The probes were all eventually found, and the communications established. All pirate groups, from then on, freely shared technology, effective ship designs, and piracy tactics. They also worked together when the humans still on Earth invented useable FTL and spread to other systems.

Aliens-Centaurians Old CF3 tech, bent of extermination of humankind for revenge of their early slavery to CF3
----
They also group all humans into one, and consider them all dangerous and warlike. When they see ships of other human groups, they attack them, as they think that they are just the same as CF3. Also, their ships are slightly worse than CF3's, as their tech was captured a while ago, and new versions of it have come out since.
Miners Union:Go on strike in Sirus. They don't have enough protection from pirates. The military is sent in to break up the strike, and things go violent. Ships are very maneuverable, but not fast, they're tough but have weak guns, no stealth, but instead mine asteroids. These extra resources means that they can mass-produce ships much better, lack of stealth means they can only hide by staying near asteroids. Their transports are just rejigged astrominers. there are a variety of different miners. They also have tractor beams (for holding asteroids in place) on some of their ships.
<Edit:UBB messed up spaces>
------------------
It's time for a new challenge.
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/benedwards/.cv/benedwards/Public/Ares1.2/StarsAreFire%3AC4.sit-binhex.hqx")The Stars Are Fire(/url)-A TC for Ares
...And so the human race reached for the stars, unknowing of the dangers that awaited them...

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 01-25-2002).)

Story:
Technological advances proceeded swiftly after the Industrial Revolution.The train, heavier-than-air flight, and finally the rocket allowed us to travel farther than we ever had. But soon, we hit a seemingly impervious barrier: the speed of light. No matter how hard the scientists worked, none could discover the secret that lay beyond our grasp.For 60 years scientists studied and experimented. At last they found a way to go faster then light itself. However the FTL drive has a serious flaw - any carbon-based organism aboard will die a painful death when the device is activated. It appeared that we would be trapped in Sol forever, as the slow doom of overpopulation and famine enriched upon the comfortable life we led.

But humanity is a resilient race.
In 2164 AD , we completed four slower-than-light colony ships.(Pic of Colony Ship)Each of them could hold 25,000 people. Enough to survive the journey to the stars.After the necessary recruiting took place, the first interstellar ships were launched.
The UNSC “Goddard” landed at Centauri IV in March, 2290 AD.
The UNSC “Star of the Dawn” landed at Syn'iena in December, 2870 AD.
The UNSC “New Horizons” landed at Jados in June, 3590 AD.
The fate of the fourth colony ship UNSC “Pathfinder” is uknown.

Mission Info- Twenty missions per side. Being CF#1,2,3 , barbarians, Miners Union.

In CF2, a wealthy and ruthless man buys several dozen military-class ships and forms the B which proceed to run amok, sacking stations and stealing everything of value. The B slow down their raids however, and increased military forces of CF2 hold an uneasy truce with the B. As long as the B confine their raids to the Outer Rim of the CF2 system, the CF2 navy will not attempt a bloody campaign against the B to eradicate them.

Meanwhile, the Miner's Union of CF1 goes on strike due to claimed inadequacies in the defenses from P raids.

A detachment of CF1 troops is dispatched to the Asteroid Belt to suppress the strike.(first missions)

CF3 troops initiate a campaign against the alien-occupied planet in the CF3 system. The aliens who have a tech level that is about our 2001 level tech, fight back with stolen CF3 tech and manage to kick out CF3. A low-level war between the aliens and CF3 continues through the plug.

CF3 ends up surrendering to the earth forces at about mission 12, and the rest of their missions are working for the earth's military.

EF scientists have finally discovered the necessary technology for a workable FTL drive. The EF, realizing that the Sol system is running out of natural resources, decides a workable solution would be to conquer the colonies for the EF. A great fleet is built and launched to the stars, with their first target CF3.

Pirates in the Sol system are having trouble pirating earth ships(due to FTL drives, they can just warp away when pirates attack), so they share the technology with the colonist factions. However, they know that it'd be easier for them if the colonist factions didn't know about each other, so they don't tell them. The two surviving colonist factions begin invading Sol, and realize that they both exist. They work out an agreement, combining their entire fleets and throwing them at Earth.

The probes discover the B and the CF3 pirates and contact them. The major CF3 pirate organization and the B agree to share tactics and technology with each other, and the CF1 pirates give the CF3 and the B their FTL comm system.

Pirate research is now focusing on a cloaking device that will allow the parent ship to fire and remain cloaked. This gets completed.

Around mission 15 the fate of the fourth colony ship is dicovered. A devasating reactor explosion.(much like the one that would have happened to colony ship 2) However, three escape pods are missing from the wreakage...

------------------
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/benedwards/.cv/benedwards/Public/Ares1.2/StarsAreFire%3AC4.sit-binhex.hqx")The Stars Are Fire(/url)-A TC for Ares
...And so the human race reached for the stars, unknowing of the dangers that awaited them...

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 01-22-2002).)

Originally posted by Skyfox:
**Around mission 15 the fate of the fourth colony ship is dicovered. A devasating reactor explosion.(much like the one that would have happened to colony ship 2) However, three escape pods are missing from the wreakage...

Mission 15 of which group?

Also, I think it'd be good if we avoided explaining much more about the fourth ship. I have rarely before seen stories that included a few important-seeming bits of plot that turn out to be mostly unimportant, and I think it'd be spiffy if we did.

------------------
"Cleanliness is evil. Embrace the mess!"

Really, my story was alot better.

He sacrificed his life so that his crew could live. They named the planet in his honor.**

Originally posted by Mag Steelglass:
**Mission 15 of which group?

Let's see...
Mission 18 of CF1
Mission 15 of CF2
Mission 13 of CF3
We can fudge these around.

Originally posted by Joveia:
**You even found time for some collectivist dogma.

Um, what does collectivist dogma mean?

------------------

Since the 2nd page takes forever im starting a new page.

Good my computer's ancient

------------------
The Journalist, with the latest news.

**Um, what does collectivist dogma mean?

Dogma that degrades humans from being free individuals to mindless automatons following instructions from a higher collective. You know not of what I speak. Good.

------------------
There are only 3 kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.

Here is some CF2ships.
<Deleted because I've got better ones now>
------------------

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 05-18-2002).)

Everyone seemed interested in this project when it started.
C'mon people, do you care about this project or what?

------------------

I care...

------------------
Listed in the top 15 Ares plugin developers by Brookeview Technologies Worldwide.
(url="http://"http://homepage.mac.com/ragashingo/")Ragashingo Resources(/url)
Everywhere but the Macaddict fourms : Brookeview

Posted Image

------------------
http://www.AmbrosiaSW.com/webboard/Forum3/...TML/000748.html
www.magleague.com
GameRanger/MagChat SN: Col. Patrick (EL)

Between the grind of final year and a personal project, I do not have the time or determination to see this project through. I suggest you pool together a smaller team, say 3-6 members, and work in tandem.

------------------
Sundered Angel ,
The One and Only
Ares Webboard Moderator, and all-around Nice Guy

This just might have to wait till summer when i and other people can spend more time on it.
Maybe it is possable to do, however i don't this is going to make it. sigh

------------------

I agree.... School season is not the best time to start a project...

Another dormant plug then...! 🙂

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

There are two reasons why I haven't been posting and being active and stuff. The first is that I've been having some troubles with my DSL. I'm using my iMac's 56k modem right now (bah to 56k). The second is that I got Diablo 2 recently.
I'll try to start working more on the plug. Last time I worked on it I had the pirates all done except for their transports (not posted, but on my comp). I'll begin with those, and I'll try to have stats posted decently often.

**Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image **

Those are very nice.

Originally posted by Patrick:
**Posted Image

That looks fine.

I'd say that the graphics are coming along well.

------------------

Some of the best graphics I have seen yet. I, unfortunately, haven't a clue as to how to use Hera, so I am useless to you guys for programming. I can't wait till this comes out if this is just the beginning work. Good job guys.

------------------
"Take me to your dealer"-Bumper sticker
"You may not throw things at my dragon!"
"We remove the furry killing things. We think only of removing the furry killing things."-The Skies of Pern, Anne McCaffery

<Deleted because i've got better ones now>
------------------

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 02-20-2002).)

(This message has been edited by Skyfox (edited 05-18-2002).)

Originally posted by Admiral Benden:
**I, unfortunately, haven't a clue as to how to use Hera, so I am useless to you guys for programming. I can't wait till this comes out Good job guys.

Join the club! half the problem is my excessivly slow computer, but I think everyone knows that by now.

The only thing, I guess, i'm up for is testing if you want yet another one, but you probably have too many of those already some plugs are unplayable on my computer because they are so choppy with too many objects all moving. I could see if this is one of those, hopefully not this looks really cool 🆒

Diablo 2 is very fun, and Nova's coming soon. I'll try to speed up, and here's the pirates (which I actually had done a while ago but planned to do the next set of stats as well before posting them. I haven't gotten to the next stats, yet, though. :frown: )

Pirates:
Fast, maneuverable, low shielding, weaponry is mines + weak guns + cargo drone bays. Yes cloaks (their create sequence alters their cloak, and their weapons also have an alter cloak action with a delay of 10), no superlight, think they’re weaker than they are (so they run away when they’d normally fight to the death).

Boa:
Shields: 65
Turn: 3.5
Speed: 12
Warp: 0
Energy: 600
Weapons:
Pulse: Concussion Mine Bay (2 ammo)
Range: N/A
Speed: 0 Damage: 200
Guided: N/A Autotarget: N/A
Rapid: 100 Ammo: 2
Energy: 0 Dir range: 0
Other: Creates mines at the same velocity, but they slowly drift to a halt. They cloak upon creation, and explode upon contact. They each have an age of 1000, and this weapon has a restock cost of 50.
Beam: Light Machine Gun Turret
Range: two-thirds of concussive pellet gun
Speed: concussive pellet gun Damage: 9
Guided: No Autotarget: Yes
Rapid: 7 Ammo: 800
Energy: 0 Dir range: 10
Other: None
Special: Small Cargo Drone Bay
Speed: N/A Damage: N/A
Guided: N/A Autotarget: Yes
Rapid: 250 Ammo: 2
Energy: 20 Dir range: 0
Other: Cargo drones fly about, collecting energy for a while, then expire and create copies of themselves which come back to the main ship and die, releasing enough energy to restock the bay, plus the extra 20 energy for the cost to power the drone, and then maybe 30 or so energy for what it picked up. The bays have a restock cost of 100.

Modified Freighter 1:
Shields:120
Turn: 2.5
Speed: 9
Weapons:
Pulse: Concussion Mine Bay (6 ammo)
Speed: 0 Damage: 200
Rapid: 100 Ammo: 6
Other: Creates mines at the same velocity, but they slowly drift to a halt. They cloak upon creation, and explode upon contact. They each have an age of 1000, and this weapon has a restock cost of 50.
Beam: Heavy Machine Gun Turret
Speed: concussive pellet gun Damage: 23
Rapid: 5 Ammo: 400
Other: Cargo drones fly about, collecting energy for a while, then expire and create copies of themselves which come back to the main ship and die, releasing enough energy to restock the bay, plus the extra 20 energy for the cost to power the drone, and then maybe 30 or so energy for what it picked up. The bays have a restock cost of 100.

Modified Freighter 2:
Shields:250
Weapons:
Pulse: Deploy Concussion Mine
Range: Protopulse
Speed: 8 Damage: 200 per mine
Rapid: 60 Ammo: 50
Energy: 0 Dir range: 90
Other: Fires a pulse that looks like a mine and doesn’t do anything to anything, and, when it expires, create concussion mines, which cloak.
Beam: Fusion Mine Bay (10 ammo)
Speed: 0 Damage: 500
Rapid: 135 Ammo: 10

War Frigate (these are the scouts. story is that they were built to help fight against policing vessels):
Shields: 650
Energy: 1000
Weapons:
Pulse: Fusion Mine Bay (20 ammo)
Rapid: 135 Ammo: 20
Special: MISSILE LAUNCHER TYPE 2
Range: concussion missile
Speed: 10 Damage: 175
Guided: Yes Autotarget: No
Rapid: 70 Ammo: 80
Other: very similar to concussion missiles, although these have better accel

Boa Carrier
Shields: 1200
Turn: 1.75
Speed: 5
Energy: 2000
Weapons:
Pulse: Fusion Mine Bay (20 ammo)
Rapid: 135 Ammo: 20
Special: Boa Bay
Rapid: 105 Ammo: 7
Energy: 5 Dir range: 0
Other: Launches Boas.

Plunderer
Shields: 2000
Turn: 1.5
Speed: 5
Energy: 2000
Weapons:
Pulse: Fusion Mine Bay (30 ammo)
Rapid: 135 Ammo: 30
Beam: PULSE TYPE 4 TURRET
Range: fusion pulse
Speed: 15 Damage: 130
Rapid: 20 Ammo: 100
Special: Boa Bay
Rapid: 105 Ammo: 7

Thief (transport)
Shields: 1500
Turn: 1.8
Speed: 6
Energy: 1000
Weapons:
Pulse: Mine Layer Bay (10 ammo)
Range: Onas Pulse
Speed: 8 Damage: 0
Guided: No Autotarget: No
Rapid: 60 Ammo: 10
Energy: 20 Dir range: 90
Other: Mine Layers are Cargo Drones that just drift along, creating fusion mines each once in a while. Each one makes 1-5 mines.
Beam: Light Boa Bay
Rapid: 105 Ammo: 2
Special: Configure For Marine Assault
Rapid: 255 Ammo: ?
Energy: 20 Dir range: N/A
Other: Alter basetype to a copy of this ship, except set up like an assault transport. Its third weapon becomes an EVAT launcher-type-thingy. It has four ammo, and launches three EVATs at a time.

------------------