The Officers Club Bar #5

Naah, the cheese topic was the best I think.
It was the cultural exchange value of it you see...

Um, barkeep, slide a GreenyBlue 5 ŽŠ™ 🆒 over here please, make it a double, and hold the Gerbil. And make it a real one from a bottle, not something from that Acme Corp Random Object Generator thingy you have installed there. Their drinks always taste like randomly created toxic waste (good for cleaning out the blood though).

"Hmm," glances areound the bar, and directly a moment at all the newbies cowering in the shadows, "I see you've re-decorated this place again. A touch of deja vu perhaps..."

------------------
Oh, so it is another bug hunt then...

Of course. Hands Anic a gen-you-whine greenyblue, imported. Enjoy, sir.

------------------
"A camel is a horse done by commitee."
-Johannes Somary

Who's up for a round of space poker?

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

"I am!" shouts Darkk 1 (the psychic one).
"Count me out." mutters Other Darkk.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

Well, the poker tables are over there in the corner, if you want to start up a game. Count me out for this round.

------------------
-Johannes Somary

Mag deals out five cards to both him and psychic Darkk. "Everything in my hand is wild."

After they're both ready, Mag starts. "Five space parrots of spades, hah!"

Darkk calmly places his hand down on the table. "Six space parrots."

"Lemme look at that." Mag leans closer, and sure enough, all six of Darkk's cards are space parrots. "Hey, you have six cards! You cheated!"

"So did you."

"But that's not the point!"

"Gimme the cash."

Mag grudginly hands it over, complaining about cheaters, before seeing if anybody else wants to play.

------------------
"Vampiric chickens are spiffy. Bak bak bak ARRR!"

Hmm, good GreenyBlueŽŠ™ 🆒 (takes a sip), but methinks it's not the real thing, this one you gave me is all lowercase. Tastes good though. (tosses a variable denomination cred-chip on the counter) Keep up the good work. Moves over to the card game
So, er, what is this game called? It looks really difficult...

------------------

Shrout1 awakens from an end-of-the-school-year slumber. All those last minute projects, make up assignments, finals, AP Tests and SAT's have taken a toll on him. However, he is glad to be back.

Give me a DP - I think my world could stand to tast a little bit better.

Oh, just released some alphas of the plugs I said I was working on, but abandoned. They're rough and unfinished, but you can get to see my ideas. Anyway...

Shrout1 watches the game of poker from a distance, his head pounding from a lack of coffee. I hate caffeine withdrawl.

------------------
"You will find that your device is highly non-functional...." - Bad Guy
(url="http://"http://www.shrout1.freewebsites.com")My Webpage!(/url)

Allow me to offer you a Caffeinepak™ Pic-me-up.

Hands Shrout an a-grav bubble with a coffee-like drink in it that pauses just at eye level, before rolling itself into a cat-like shape that starts to purr.

It auto adjusts to your preferred drink temperature, you don't even need to add water. Great for long journeys. 🙂
(er, there are back-up personalities too)

------------------

Interesting device, Anic. Where'd you acquire it?

------------------
-Johannes Somary

What, the Caffeinepak™? Oh, its just a little battlefield accessory I picked up on my last visit to Paljas. I got it free when I bought a BOSSŽŠ™ System from the spaceport novelty shop. They're both by Acme I think.
Batteries weren't included though..., well what can you expect with a freebie!
Would you care to try one?

------------------

Sure. Toss one over?

------------------
-Johannes Somary

(Im not completely sure if these are like the EVO bars, but here we go.)

Suddenly the bar shakes as a strange ship crashes through the side, grinding to a halt in the middle of the bar.
Debri flies everywhere. The ship is light green and silver, and shaped like an eyedrop.

"Sorry about the bar.. " the stranger says, and he walks to the bar, but isn't really talking to the bartender. "I'm Redchigh. I used to scout out these parts before most of ye ever heards of this galaxy. Lately I've been in a Universe not too far from here, where two massive powers... UE and Voinians battle constantly. A barbaric place, let me assure you. Anyway, my ships an Arada I lifted off a pirate... yep, they're absolute;ly infested with pirates there. Anyway, I was jus passin through, when I got in touch with an old friend of mine Shrout. He told me to drop on by, but strangely, this bar wasn't on my map. Well, my ship's kinda out of place here for a guy like me. anyone wanna hook me up with a new one?
Oh, here... " pries open a door in his ship's hull, and takes out a cube about 3'x3'x3', and set it down beside his ship. He then pushes a button on his belt. The cube dissolved into the floor, and a second later, the hole in the wall grows smaller and smaller and debri dissappears out of the air and off of the floor.
Red pushed another button, and the cube reappeared. He pushed one more button, and it shrank to a few inches wide with a puff of smoke rising up. He put the cube in his pocket.
"Nanites." he explained to the patrons.
"I dont guess you have saalian brandy here.... what's good?" Red said to the bartender...

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

Ld Cmdr Anic glances to the newcomer.
Perhaps you should try an Alpha GreenyBlueŽŠ™ 🆒 🆒 🆒 🆒 🆒 . It has evolved just now into version 6.0.0...

Anic lobs a Caffeinepak™ Pick-me-up in the general direction of Taeskor Cicion.
It rather resembles a hand grenade...

------------------

"Sure.. that doesn't sound too bad.. I'll take an Alpha GreenyBlueŽŠ™. By the way, what's in it? Oh, and it better be 6.0.0 too."

------------------
"And as the Darkness descends, do you follow the light, or embrace the darkness?"
~Diane Kinsman
(little known philosopher, early 21st century)
(they start feeling the prisoners helpless, 'til someone comes along on a mission and yells "*****"

"It does NOT have acid in it. Or styrachine." mutters one of the Darkks.
"Why do you say that?"
"Say what?" asks Darkk 4
"Yeah, we didn't say anything" adds Darkk 3.
"My colleagues are correct, but so is the fact that a Darkk said it." adds Darkk 0, being a mysterious jerk at times.

------------------
"In literature as in love we are astounded by what is chosen by others." Andre Maurois

LC Anic looks thoughtful for a moment.
I've no idea what's in it! It's a "secret".
Come to think of it it had never occurred to me to speculate about what might be in it. Caffeine probably, and water, and ethanol, amongst other things.

LCA regrads the Darkk collective. Hmm, another one with a split personality. Reminds me of the Count whathisname... Looks a bit more Borg-like though!

------------------

No, it's just numbered in order of appearence. Different webstory characters and all.

------------------

Welcome, sir. Always good to have a patron from another universe.

Xitell walks into the room, his carapace clinking, his beamer rifle slung across his back.

Xitell: Hello, there. Quite an estalishment here. You don't see any bars or the like in Zhorl space. My race's society and territory is extremely boring, I'm afraid, what with the strict conformity and all-for-the-whole laws enforced. The oligarchs cling to our past as hive-thinking insects, you know. The reason Zhorl mercs like me're so well renowned is because we just couldn't stand the sheer boredom of our society.

Anyway, serve up something acidic. I need to loosen up the dirt on my mandibles.

Coming right up, my friend. Pours out a drink and slides it to the bar. Xitell catches it and knocks it back.

------------------
-Johannes Somary

a man walkes in, nothing intresting just joe-avarage (apart from the fact his name is 9024, not joe)........
he sits down, has a swig from his hip flask and has an thrilling conversation with the pot plant about how nothing intresting happens in the universe, full-stop.

hi all. (this topic better be active!!!)

------------------
BANG....hehehehehe

(This message has been edited by 9024 (edited 07-02-2002).)