The Officer's Club Bar

Now this is odd. I had always thought of you as being a moderator. But, either your usage of more than one alias, or the possibility of you never having moderation status, has eluded me until now.

Well, I congratulate you.

lifts glass in honor

To would-be moderator. I think we all have a certain level of respect for you here.

------------------
(url="http://"http://www.angelfire.com/mac/axissi/home.htm")Axis Software(/url)
(url="http://"mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc")mailto:Jonathan@Woodburn.cc(/url)Jonathan@Woodburn.cc

Thanks ever so much. Next two rounds of drinks are on the house, folks.

------------------
-Traek Cicion of the Taeskor
"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo
"Then we'll do it real quiet-like."

At least you were smart enough to say "the next two "... 🙂

------------------

"I'll drink to that." Riven says as he sits down. "Cicion has been like a father to us all. It would be only proper to give him due respect." Riven removes his military cap and gestures in a small bow.

"Besides, he helps keep my job easier around here." Riven says with a chuckle.
"To Cicion." He lifts his glass and everyone in the bar does likewise.

------------------
😃

Thanks, Riven. I appreciate it. Well, think I'll go find that troublesome metal friend of mine. He's been missing for days. Walks around the bar, into the storeroom, and out to the docking bay, and finds nothing. You don't suppose he stowed away, do you?

------------------
-Han Solo

Another thing, this bar thread is a real museum of old members who are no longer here. I remember them well.

I hope soon the Bar will be as it was in the old times, when everybody's ship or fleet stopped for a drink, and plots and sub-plots were frequent.

------------------
-Han Solo

Gives Cicion a military salute

------------------
Those who make up the rules, do not play the game. We, however, do.
-Imperial Captain Alexi Darvonsal
StarLance

Returns it. Sit down, Slug. Have a drink. How's life?

------------------
-Han Solo

Governor (how do you change your username, can't find anywhere) Darkk enters the bar

I'll have my usual, Cicion.
Interesting, now that I'm a Protectorate Governor and you lead the Primary Armada, I wonder who has the higher rank?
Just in case... gives military salute

------------------
Me: You ******* IDIOTS!! That planet was INHABITED!!!
Them: Ooops
Me: Let's resume this disscussion near airlock 13.
(immediatly following the first disrupter missle test)

Well, lessee... I'm an outcast in all governmental systems, my only real power comes from my Armada, which I stole from Sargatanus, and I've just been told by the Oracular Net that I will die soon.

I'll have my usual. Salt Ale. tosses Cicion a transfer order padd for eight million tons of Silver We recently raided an abandoned Gaitori Mining Outpost.....

------------------
Those who make up the rules, do not play the game. We, however, do.
-Imperial Captain Alexi Darvonsal
StarLance

Looks over the figures. Nice, Slug. Hands Slug his Salt Ale. Well, let's see, Darkk. I don't officially command the Primary Armada, being a Pure Taeskor, but the Military Octicate has given me indefinite command. Militarily, I outrank you. I am also, because of my Pure Taeskorship, a noble, but I really only except people addressing me as "My Lord Taeskor" when I'm on Dominus or some of the other central planets of the Imperium where such titles are generally used. Hands Darkk a five-dee glass of Dr. Pepper(i.e., the outside is the size of a standard glass but the inside is the size of the Pacific Ocean, so it is almost inexhaustible). There you are. Now, if you spread the word that I have five dimensional glasses, that'll cost you ten billion scintak. Otherwise, if you keep it hush-hush, it will cost you ten scintak.

------------------
-Han Solo

Can I have a 5-D glass of Doctor Pepper too? 🙂

------------------

You like the stuff too, eh? Well, these five dee glasses are pretty rare, so I'll loan you one for a few hours, but then you must return it. OK?

------------------
-Han Solo

Takes glass.

MM. I should have guessed about our respective ranks.

Speaking of Taeskor, they've assigned one to "supervise" me. Am I to take this as a sign they don't trust me? I did a good job (IMHO) of putting the piracy to rest (why I have this job in the first place).

------------------

The Phylydions are not a trusting species, Darkk. Remember, there are two PhylSec operatives on every Phylydion ship. Just take it as a good sign that they haven't assigned more than one person to observe you.

------------------
-Han Solo

(This message has been edited by Taeskor Cicion (edited 10-31-2000).)

He's a bit formal and self-important for me. Insists on everyone using his full rank, and addressing me as "Nijayias Darkk."

------------------

Ah, well. Care for something to eat? I've got lots of candy left over from Halloween.

------------------
-Han Solo

That's OK, we bought lots of candy and only 2 people came to our door. I was embarrased, because the "flying spector attack" rigging had too much friction to work. Oh well, only 2 people would have been there to appreciate it anyway.

My goal is to prevent them from getting to the candy. Next year I'm going to work during months in advance on anamatronic ghost soldiers with strobe machine guns 😄

I love making cool stuff.

------------------

A toast to Slug, the most honorable Salrilian I ever met! May he rest in peace.
Downs 3 Litre Dr. Pepper

------------------

raises his glass in a toast, but chokes on the liquid as he swallows some, and ends up spewing it out. Cicion promptly cleans up the mess.

------------------