Scenarios . . .

Has anyone made any noteworthy add-ons for Ares? I'm curious because on a quick pass through the add-ons page pretty much nothing had gotten obove a 70 in rating. I realize this may be due to lack of content because people voted my absolutely perfect EVO plug-in that fixes the grainy menu problem down and below SW2, which, in my opinion, was an aweful plug-in.

------------------
"Si hanc sententiam legere potes, tum es
et optime educatus et non habitus vitam."

(This message has been edited by LoneIgadzra (edited 11-23-2000).)

Iron Fist and The Rogue are pretty good.

------------------
Throughout their history these "unenlightened" beings have continually opposed and fought abuses of power wrought by their own bretheren. We, as the prophets would do well to learn from these Humans.
-Final statement of the Salrilian reformist Sirthis shortly before his execution.

never trust the top ten voted, they just vote whatever they want, I always go with the top ten downloaded. and iron fist and rogue is good, rogue little hard since you have to keep ship alive but its all good.

------------------
insert famous line from either StarWars, Myth 2, Marathon Trilogy, Ares, StarCraft, Ultima Online, or from Ender's Quartet here

I can't get any sp plugs except Iron Fist, which is a little hard for me, to work.

Please help me with this, here's the entire message I sent to aresbugs and never got a response to:

I can't play ANY plugins with the current beta. It works fine when
started normally with no plugs. Then I drag and drop to load
a plug, and from that point I get grayed out buttons when I tried to
start a game using any method I can think of. It's not just one plugin.
When it does this, I restore a working prefs file (this clears up the
problem, deleting the prefs will not) and try another.

System: G4 450 single processor, OS 9.0.4, 256 MB ram, 20 GB disk

------------------
Error: target is violating the laws of physics
Error: target is locally exceeding c
Error: unable to determine if target exists or not
Error: target cannot be hit

The Admiral never seems to reply to emails. I'm very certain he gets them, though.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone

Any advice for me?
I also have problems hosting with both versions on GameRanger.

------------------

Iron Fist, Audemedon Crisis and the Rouge are the only hard plugs. After the War and Black Seas are easy and short.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**I can't get any sp plugs except Iron Fist, which is a little hard for me, to work.

Please help me with this, here's the entire message I sent to aresbugs and never got a response to:

I can't play ANY plugins with the current beta. It works fine when
started normally with no plugs. Then I drag and drop to load
a plug, and from that point I get grayed out buttons when I tried to
start a game using any method I can think of. It's not just one plugin.
When it does this, I restore a working prefs file (this clears up the
problem, deleting the prefs will not) and try another.

System: G4 450 single processor, OS 9.0.4, 256 MB ram, 20 GB disk

If deleting the prefs file doesn't work, I don't know what will. But I have several copies of B5 on my computer. I could send you one and see if that fixes it.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:49 PM

Originally posted by Patrick:
If deleting the prefs file doesn't work, I don't know what will. But I have several copies of B5 on my computer. I could send you one and see if that fixes it.

Please do. Unless Nathan helps, I'm up a creek without a paddle. MP plugs work OK (for the most part), but only if someone else hosts.

------------------

(This message has been edited by Fleet Admiral Darkk (edited 11-24-2000).)

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral Darkk:
**Please do. Unless Nathan helps, I'm up a creek without a paddle. MP plugs work OK (for the most part), but only if someone else hosts.

OK. What I actually have is B5 with the B6 data files. But it works fine. I'll e-mail it to you in a little while.

This post has been edited by Patrick : 25 September 2007 - 02:49 PM