Most Idiotic Foe

I'd like people to tell humerous stories about the stupidest things newbies and others ever did in games against them.

First off I'd like to nominate myself for the time when my "build ships" finger slipped in battle and my reinforcements turned out to be transports instead of cruisers.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

I'd like to nominate Admiral Something (that's his GR name, not an active forum name,) because when I played humans vs humans with him, I kicked his ass during the intial confrontation, and then he jumped into hyperspace and did loops until he had enough credits to buy 2 more gunships. Man, the guy had no piloting skills either. finally I got corned on his planet and nailed his last cruiser, which he was hyperbombing with. When I killed the bastard, MY COMP CRASHED and my kills/losses didn't get recorded! Anyhoo, that's my most irritating foe.

My most idiotic foe was some newbie who didn't know how to build, and while I guess he should have done the tutorials, he really wasn't such a bad guy. At least he didn't hyperbomb 😛

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

My second nominee would be the guy (I name no names, primarily because I forgot who) who was hiding his HVD behind his carrier while mine was coming around for a strafing run. Easy win. But that was just a momentary lapse.

------------------
Commander-in-Chief of the Nijayias Interstellar Navy.

Last night, when I played my first 5 Ares net games, I was playing "Location...", and I had targeted a flak drone and sent an engineering drone to it. Then I started building lots of warships, and wondering why none of them were appearing at my outpost, which I had made my base of ops. Then I happened to glance at the "target" screen. I still won the game, though.

------------------
Commander Cicion, commander of Audemedon 6th fleet

"Never tell me the odds!"
-Han Solo

My nominee is not a bad pilot, just stupid. He took Ishimans, and I took Audemedon. Is that a fair match?

------------------
No, I'm not that cruel. I don't use the flamethrower on my
enemies. I save that for my
allies.
-caalaklael, the trigger
happy obiard

I played this one guy, not naming names, but it was just basically an ******* thing to do. I played humans, clicked begin because he had his race set to ishimans. After I picked humans, he switched to auds and killed me.

------------------
In the next world war,
In a jack-knifed Juggernaut,
I am born again.

once, i played gaitori vs salril and i nearly kicked this guys a*s...cant remember who it was

------------------

I hope you all remember my FUUUNNNNNNYYYY GAME post of yester-year. 😛

------------------
"Landing request denied."

- The Igadzra

Company Tritanium Enterprises: (url="http://"http://www.megalink.net/~joe1/w/")http://www.megalink.net/~joe1/w/(/url)

Originally posted by caalaklael:
**My nominee is not a bad pilot, just stupid. He took Ishimans, and I took Audemedon. Is that a fair match?

I know this post is antiquated, but...

That was me, wasn't it?
And I won, didn't I?

And what happened was, I massacred the fleet, save for one carrier, which I then chased halfway around the map, finally blowing it up.

AND I had the unreg'd version and could only go Ishiman.

Or am I thinking of someone else...

------------------

*** Lightning never strikes the same place twice. But on occasions...eight times... ***

Well, I'd have to say most people I end up playing. When I go on GR, most people are human, and I'm always gaitori. I always win.

There are two I remember well. One was just plain horrible at the game,he'd played once, singleplayer. He couldn't warp, fight, build... it was just funny. Another person I remember was a horrible tactician, he'd send one gunship/cruiser/carrier at my fleet at a time. I had a bunch of gaitori gunships, so they died in the first or second salvo of atomic pulses. That guy was a great pilot, though. Beat me badly at spaze wars. It was odd.

------------------
"You can get much further with kind words and a loaded gun than you can with kind words alone."
- Al Capone