The Blue Mushroom Pub

Originally posted by Rawzer:
**Well, LabRat's live, and he's a bit of a pest... sure, go after him.

Ah, he's not in a coma after all...and has a point.

------------------
Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordian.
"You're dumb." -Rawzer to whitedevil and whitedevil2

She hisses a little at being called baby by a human who could not be more than a fifth her age, but she accepts SlaV's offer. Rawzer leads her out the back to the livestock pens. She thanks him and politely waits until he leaves before selecting her prey.

As she returns to the bar she wipes a smear of blood off her lips with one hand. She looks stronger now - stronger but not satisfied. She slides into the seat beside SlaV. "Thankyou," she says. "I am Arianne of the Laursana Clan. It is long indeed since last I owed gratitude to one of your kind, but I am in your debt."

Well, LabRat's live, and he's a bit of a pest... sure, go after him.

Arianne's head comes up. Human blood, and with their permission! She smiles, reddened lips pulling back from glistening fangs, and searches the bar with her gaze. "As you will it," she says.

------------------

Eh, ya only get one shot at these things...

*SlaVitiCkus, as an attempt, points out that he is a many time blood donor. He also points out that while LabRat may be live, he isnt human. And be careful eating him, his behavior might be contageous.

SlaVitiCkus promptly goes off to the blood drive. His trip is shortened when he meets a minatour's sycthe. He comes back with two flasks of blood, one of minataur and one of his own.

"Ah, you're too hard. Just take it. I'll be at my usual seat."

SlaVitiCkus sits down right next to her, since it is his regular seat.

------------------

Arianne takes the flasks with barely concealed eagerness and takes a long swallow out of the one containing the life essence of the minotaur. A little colour comes into the ivory of her cheeks, and her eyes lose their fevered gleam. With a furtive glance at the bar, she mutters a quick spell over the flasks to keep the blood fresh and liquid, and conceals them beneath the voluminous folds of her ragged cloak.

She acknowledges her mistake, and points out that LabRat is not inside the bar at the moment, though she remembers seeing a creature that could possibly be given that name outside, being set upon by several cyclops.

Turning to SlaVitiCkus, she bows her head. "Again, I am in your debt," she says. "I have never known another mortal so generous. If there is anything you need done, I shall serve you to the best of my ability."

------------------

Rawzer looks at SlaVitiCkus, leans over and whispers something. SlaVitiCkus looks at Arianne, then back at Rawzer, and whispers something back. Rawzer once again whispers something to SlaVitiCkus. SlaVitiCkus looks at Arianne again, goes wide-eyed, gets up, and backs away slowly. He comes back an hour later, this time with neck armor on, and sits next to Arianne.

"Nothing personal, really"

------------------

(This message has been edited by SlaVitiCkus (edited 06-17-2003).)

Thunderforge, after a week of standing next to the border of Gwyden Camp, telling travellers to ask my parents if he could register, walks back into the hole his Escape Pod made in the bar wall. Everyone looks his way.

"Well," Slav asks. "What happened."

"They let me register!!! Thank you Slav!" Thunderforge then hands Slav a pack full of gold that he earned with the gold plugin. "Now I can save Gidolan Keep!" Thunderforge sits down and orders a Vanilla Coke. He overhears a conversation about Queen Ardania's (sp?) daughters being kidnapped. Thunderforge stands up, and says to everyone in the bar,"I'll rescue them!"

The person who was talking about it, says "They won't be kidnapped for a few more days. And I'm not a person, I'm a Rubber Ducky."

"Okay, fine," replies Thunderforge. He sits down, sips his Vanilla Coke and wonders how he knew they would be kiddnapped in a few days, why he had never seen him in the bar before, and why the Rubber Ducky wasn't at the table anymore...

------------------
Clones are people two.
If UPS and Fed-Ex merged, would they be Fed-Up?
A man who's out to save Gidolan Keep, flies an Auroran ship, and hacks into computers to keep the bricks from falling past the line of destiny? Yep, that's me!

SlaVitiCkus, too, is curious as to how Rubber Ducky knows they will be kidnapped. He shrugs it off and orders a Strawberry Dackery. Rawzer, confused as to what is what, hands him red liquid. SlaVitiCkus drinks it, and spits it out after recognizing the taste of blood. Rawzer apologizes and hands him the right stuff.

------------------

LabRat strides wearily into the bar, covered with wounds inflicted by cyclops. Then he sits down in a corner, orders a black cow, and after sipping it goes to sleep.

------------------
Caution:
LabRat may go off at any time so please wear your helmet.

SlaVitiCkus almost topples over from confusion after seeing LabRats normal post. Either that, or he toppled over from the hard liquor he just consumed. Either way, he still noticed premonition staring at the blood coming out of his wounds. SlaVitiCkus decides it is time to go up to his room. (Hey Rawzer, give Thunderforge a room of his own soon, eh?)

------------------

(ooc) uh, premonition != Arianne. For one thing, I'm human. (/ooc)

Arianne snatches the glass of red liquid before Rawzer can take it away. She is curious as to how SlaVitiCkus can mistake blood for Strawberry Dackery, whatever that is, since they smell nothing alike. She can smell the Strawberry Dackery from where she is sitting, and her nose wrinkles in distaste. Looking at SlaVitiCkus' neck armour with something very like amusement, Arianne refrains from pointing out that necks don't hold the only accessible blood vessels.

Rawzer's eyes track LabRat as he walks around the bar. Recognising his expression, Arianne turns to look at LabRat. She anticipates a good fight, and perhaps a meal afterwards, and bares her teeth in satisfaction. But he is not creating a disturbance just yet, and Arianne does not wish to be thrown out of this haven. She waits.

------------------

SlaVitiCkus is confused as to how she could be looking at his armor if he is in his room. He shrugs it off and goes to sleep.

------------------

LabRat walks up to the bar and asks if there are any rooms available. Then he inquires about recreation inside the bar. Foosball, ping pong, pinball.

------------------
Caution:

SlaVitiCkus gets up, takes a shower, and goes on his computer...er..to the bar. He orders a cup of expresso. After about three sips, he notices Arianne looking at the beverage with disgust. SlaVitiCkus takes off his neck armor (since he does have other blood vessels, go figure) and notices that he was cut, rather deeply, some time last night. He shrugs, as there was no blood anywhere when he woke up...wait..maybe, naw, couldnt be. After all, the aliens hadnt come for him in ages. Wonder how this happened...

Ah, Arianne has more blood flasks, musta been hunting last night.

------------------

Arianne smiles in greeting at SlaVitiCkus. It only seems to unnerve him, so she stops, and instead makes use of the dartboard hanging on one wall. She always hits the board - impressive for the distance she is standing away from it - with enough force that the dart punches through and thumps into the wall behind. Every now and then there is a pause in the regular thwack of the darts as her gaze slides over to LabRat. She waits for the opportunity to attack with the patience of a night hunter.

------------------

Thunderforge decides to take Slav's neck armor and put it on. After all, the neck is one of the easiest places that a vampire can draw blood from without a warning. He then remembers that Arianne (sp?) has not bitten anybody for several days, so he takes the neck armor off and runs to Gwyden Camp where he can sell it for double the price.

------------------
Clones are people two.
If UPS and Fed-Ex merged, would they be Fed-Up?
A man who's out to save Gidolan Keep, flies an Auroran ship, and hacks into computers to keep the bricks from falling past the line of destiny? Yep, that's me!

(This message has been edited by Thunderforge (edited 06-17-2003).)

"HEY! COME BACK WITH THAT ARMOR! It cost me 5g, it did. Oh well." SlaVitiCkus sees that Arianne is just trying to be friendly, so he smiles back. he walks into his room again to see many holes in his room, and darts lying on the bed. Remembering that the dart board is on the same wall as his room, he sighs and starts to repair it. Halfway through, a dart breaks through the wall and stabs SlaVitiCkus in the arm. SlaVitiCkus promptly screams like a frightened schoolgirl. Not wanting to look un-macho in front of Arianne, he claims that it was the 1000in TV, and that he has had worse. "Merely a flesh-wound". SlaVitiCkus notices Ariannes eyes following the blood drops to the floor. He nervously takes a cup from Rawzer and puts it under his arm as he takes the dart out, doing everything he can to stop himself from screaming in pain. The dart comes out eventually, but SlaVitiCkus feels light headed. He remembers that in the last few days he has lost a lot of blood. He hands the cup to Arianne and passes out right next to her.

EDIT--feexd speeling.
------------------

Arianne blinks and stares down at SlaVitiCkus. She had thought that the wall was made of brick, and hadn't realised it was merely painted cardboard. He is still bleeding profusely from the wound, so she takes a clean cloth and bandages the cut neatly.

Her gaze keeps glancing off the cup she holds. She is clearly torn: she has no wish to be forced out of the bar by fearful and angry mortals, as has happened to her so many times in the past, but the smell of fresh blood... Standing abruptly, Arianne leaves the main bar area. When she comes back the cup is nowhere in evidence.

Rawzer lends her a kettle at her request. Throwing a few herbs in to brew a health tonic, Arianne waits for SlaVitiCkus to wake up. As an afterthought she adds a considerable dose of Strawberry Dackery to the tonic, remembering that SlaVitiCkus seemed to like that drink, and hopes it will disguise the taste.

------------------

LabRat warns Arianne that if she attacks him, he will cream her. Let her attack him if she will. After looking at Arianne's teeth, LabRat buys neck armor and mail to go under his cloak. Then he unsheathed one of his swords, and put it on the table in front of him. Then he tensed himself, dagger under his cloak for Arianne's attack.
LabRat gives permission to Arianne to attack if she dares.

------------------
Caution:

SlaVitiCkus points out that while he is grateful that Arianne worries about his well being (he thinks), not to worry about him. He has had much worse injuries in the past, such as being at the wrong side of a minatour scythe. And if she is worried about the fellow bar-mates disliking her for doing anything to me, dont worry, for all of them at one point owned him as a slave. SlaVitiCkus then looks at LabRat wearing armor that weighs more than he does. He points out that it is obvoisly going to be impossible for him to lift his hands to reach his weapons fast enough to reflect her darts, which are indeed painful. I think the bar is made out of wood, I dont know, but they still move pretty fast!

------------------

But LabRat is fairly large and very strong, so he can wear chain mail and a small amount of neck armor without slowing him down. Besides, he can block and dodge darts.

------------------
Caution: