shan request

Well there's your problem. You have to put class numbers into the fields for allies and enemies, not the IDs of the gövts in question. Go look at what class number(s) the Feds and Wild Geese have in their Class fields and use those to mark allies. Same goes for the one enemy you have listed.

@darthkev, on 22 August 2011 - 12:44 PM, said in shan request:

Well there's your problem. You have to put class numbers into the fields for allies and enemies, not the IDs of the gövts in question. Go look at what class number(s) the Feds and Wild Geese have in their Class fields and use those to mark allies. Same goes for the one enemy you have listed.

http://dl.dropbox.co.../CS%20Govts.png

After setting it all to this, the bar mission no longer repeats, but I still don't get the repeating BBS mission.

This post has been edited by Avi Kerensky : 22 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

I'm just shooting blindly now, but try giving your government a class.

@jalisurr, on 22 August 2011 - 06:40 PM, said in shan request:

I'm just shooting blindly now, but try giving your government a class.

Sorry for the long wait. I have been doing community service at a county park, and it's grueling.

Tried adding a class for my own Gov't. I put my own class as '44,' I hope that isn't too high, or already taken. Still no BBS mission.

Anyone else have ideas?

Ugh. No one? Has anyone seen David around? I suppose he'd likely be one of the few who can answer my question.

The problem I see at the moment is the TravelStel value of your repeating mission. When you’re specifying a government, these fields work not by resource ID but by index number (index number = resource ID - 128).

I think you wanted your mission to go to any planet belonging to an ally of government 196. The value for this would be 15068.

Ah, yes. I'm too used to Mission Computer calculating that for me that I didn't even think to check that number!

@david-arthur, on 28 August 2011 - 01:52 AM, said in shan request:

The problem I see at the moment is the TravelStel value of your repeating mission. When you’re specifying a government, these fields work not by resource ID but by index number (index number = resource ID - 128).

I think you wanted your mission to go to any planet belonging to an ally of government 196. The value for this would be 15068.

YAY! It works now. Thanks. Next part: How do I queue up another special mission? Follow the bxxxx bits, increasing each number by one?

Well, it's just a thought, but worth a shot. Try making your gövt its own ally in addition to the Feds and Wild Geese. Or maybe even make it part of the same classes as the Feds and Wild Geese.

Edit: Er, I somehow missed the second page entirely. Ignore this post.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 29 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

@avi-kerensky, on 28 August 2011 - 03:05 PM, said in shan request:

How do I queue up another special mission? Follow the bxxxx bits, increasing each number by one?

Yes, that’s right. There’s no actual requirement that you use sequential bits, but it does make things much easier to follow. This will continue to work right up until you hit another bit that’s already used by the stock scenario.

@jalisurr, on 28 August 2011 - 02:12 AM, said in shan request:

I'm too used to Mission Computer calculating that for me that I didn't even think to check that number!

Yes, I try to avoid anything that requires users to do their own arithmetic, as that’s really much of the original point of MissionComputer. If you run across anywhere that you’re expected to calculate a resource index for yourself, you can report it as a bug.

I don't suppose anyone else can design a Nova-usable version of the four ships I mentioned above? I've tried just copying the shans from the EVC TC, but it gives me Nova ships.

@avi-kerensky, on 04 September 2011 - 03:34 AM, said in shan request:

I don't suppose anyone else can design a Nova-usable version of the four ships I mentioned above? I've tried just copying the shans from the EVC TC, but it gives me Nova ships.

A shän resource doesn’t contain any actual graphics; it just tells the engine which ones to display and how. If you want to copy graphics from another plug-in, you need to take not just the shän resource, but the rlëD resource(s) that it points to as well.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Ah AH! Now if I could only find someone with graphic design know-how to redo these ships into a 'Nova-Quality' version. That would be nice. Oh well. I'll survive on EVC Graphical quality. 🙂

Thanks again, David.

@avi-kerensky, on 04 September 2011 - 11:51 AM, said in shan request:

Ah AH! Now if I could only find someone with graphic design know-how to redo these ships into a 'Nova-Quality' version. That would be nice. Oh well. I'll survive on EVC Graphical quality. 🙂

Thanks again, David.

You could try the ones from rEVisited. (Don't have a download link handy, though.)

@starsword, on 04 September 2011 - 03:47 PM, said in shan request:

You could try the ones from rEVisited. (Don't have a download link handy, though.)

I did. rEVisited is 'an unknown file type' to my Stuffit software. Tried both mac and windows versions.

@avi-kerensky, on 04 September 2011 - 07:42 PM, said in shan request:

I did. rEVisited is 'an unknown file type' to my Stuffit software. Tried both mac and windows versions.

First thought: What's the file extension?

You know what's funny... I read your post here, and so I go to look to see what file extensions they are, and they are .bin. Funny, they never extracted, but now I can use them (Couldn't before).

So, I am going to use these rleD files. I tried emailing the guy who made them, but his email is 'unreachable' by the mailer demon, so if anyone has contact info for him, give him mine, and tell him I said thanks. I DO plan on giving him credit. I think I will even give him a pers and dude representation.

IMO, it would be best to get his permission first before simply using the graphics in your plug-in. He did the work to make them, and even though you aren't making money by reusing them, you're still profiting from the time saved in not making them yourself. Now, if they were in a public shipyard website (a place people can go get graphics for free and use them) you could then simply add them in and credit the creators. That's not the case here, unfortunately.

Edit: And while we're on the topic of shipyards, I might as well point out these gems.

None of them have engine glows, but the Saber Studios section on EVula's site have some high quality Confed and Rebel graphics you can use.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 08 September 2011 - 05:03 PM

@darthkev, on 08 September 2011 - 05:01 PM, said in shan request:

IMO, it would be best to get his permission first before simply using the graphics in your plug-in. He did the work to make them, and even though you aren't making money by reusing them, you're still profiting from the time saved in not making them yourself.

Indeed, unless the author has specifically released the graphics for anyone to use, you can’t use them without permission, even if you aren’t making any money from it. If you can’t get in touch, in most cases you have to treat that as equivalent to a ‘no’.