Are You Interested...

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Nov 13 2010, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldn’t you have an invisible KeyCarried ship that's silently installed on the player ship, and changes its appearance?

Well, that would work, but you'd have to include the bay along with the KeyCarried ship, meaning the player could launch the ship and change into a blip. KeyCarried graphics won't trigger without the ship and its associated bay.

** Edit:** I suppose you could just use blips or something, but the player's ship wouldn't be able to look different except for size, as you said.

This post has been edited by DarthKev : 13 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (DarthKev @ Nov 13 2010, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

KeyCarried graphics won't trigger without the ship and its associated bay.

It’s been a long time since I’ve worked with any of this, but my memory was that only the fighter outfit was required to activate the KeyCarried sprites — not the bay.

I tested this recently. With HOTS, in fact. Trust me, it won't work without the bay.

QUOTE (David Arthur @ Nov 13 2010, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had thought that the lack of unique shapes was exactly the point. From the sprite you could tell the ship’s mass at most, and you’d need to rely on the targeting scanner to learn anything else about it.

That was the point. You do see that the players ship will have to be a blip or you wouldn't be able to tell which direction you're going.