Age of the Council (AotC)

Dissemination and Dissolution are similar words that still keep the same definition as Dispersal.

Other options could be Decay, Demise, Rift, Ruin, and Quietus Rockets.

A somewhat funny one would be Disposal Rocket. Exterminate your foe, and add insult to injury by doing it with your garbage.

Extermination and Termination (Terminal?) Rockets seem to be overused to me, but I can't say I've ever really seen the name used in any plug-ins.

Anyway, just consult your preferred thesaurus and pick out a new and interesting word.

@u-e--admiral, on Jan 4 2007, 05:26 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Dissemination and Dissolution are similar words that still keep the same definition as Dispersal.

This was the track I was working down to begin with, but they both begin with 'dis', not making them very distinctive (not that that stopped me with SAE vs SAD ).

Or keep the name Dispersal but change 'Rocket'. Though that's probably a lot harder. Erm, Warhead? Shell? Cartridge? Munition? Meh, maybe someone else can think of something creative.

Dispersal Missile, or Dispersal Dart

Warpedo. 🙂

Psst, Dave. When can we expect that splash screen at the latest?

Now on topic- warpedo sound good, but the term warp mean it has to go faster than the speed of light, and that is too fast for any computer.

Has "Heavy Dispersal Rocket" been put up yet? Gets right to the point.

Warpedo, from "war" and "torpedo". 😛

As for the scene, latest date is 1/1/2010. 😄

Selachi or Selachian Rocket?

From the sub-order name for sharks.

This post has been edited by Bubbles : 04 January 2007 - 10:46 AM

Latest weird bug: a ship which refuses to launch all its fighters …

It launches some of them. Initially, it had two, but only launched one. Very rarely, it launches two, but I can't isolate why. If I give it more fighters, it seems to launch half of them, rounding up (so with 5 it launches 3).

But only this ship is consistently showing this behaviour: I have one other ship which may occasionally only launch 2 of 3 fighters (haven't watched it carefully enough to be certain); but there is also a ship with the same set-up as the buggy one, and it always launches both (unless it gets destroyed first). So I can't isolate the cause. I suppose my next step will have to be to duplicate the ship that works, then make the changes to the buggy one one at a time until the behaviour changes …

I doubt anyone has run into this one before …?

(BTW, it does matter: one or two fighters is the difference between winning a certain match-up with about 40% shields remaining, and losing.)

Edit: My mistake. I am now seeing this behaviour with all fighter-carrying ships - just not consistently. Sometimes they launch the lot, sometimes just half. Don't know why …

This post has been edited by pac : 04 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

But I don't want a përs with lots of weapons...rocket!

Other Ideas for the rocket's name:

Excalibur Rockets
Punisher Rockets
Ripper Rockets
Falchion Rockets (I like this one the best, actually)

And that's all for now.

Why don't we just tell the customer what it is? Rocket That Goes Bang And Really Really Hurts!

@joshtigerheart, on Jan 4 2007, 08:04 PM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Why don't we just tell the customer what it is? Rocket That Goes Bang And Really Really Hurts!

I can't fit that in the outfitters. 😞

Well, you could always use Exploding Rocket, Rocket That Hurts, Damaging Rocket, or Yet Another Explosive...

Why not use the name to describe a bit about the rocket? If it uses plasma energy, then Plasma Rocket. If its nuclear, than Nuclear Rocket. If it weighs alot, then Heavy Rocket. You could also always name it Heavy Dispersal Rocket as someone mentioned above, no need to use fancy-smancy names like Ultimate Anhiliation Rocket of Total Global Extermination that are supposed to sound all cool but get old when everything is named like that.

• Stinger Rocket

• Booming Bundle of TNT

• Big Painful Rocket

• Cheater Rocket 😛

• The Frustrator of Gamers

• Big Bang Rocket

• Ouchie Rocket

• A Rocket To Be Proud Of

Hmm, I'd better settle on one before this gets out of hand … 'Termination Rocket' works well for me - ty, UE Admiral. 🙂

Ever thought of making a Dispersal Rocket Turret instead?

All Crescent ships turn on a sixpence, why would they need it to be turreted? 😄

This post has been edited by pac : 04 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

Ever thought of making a Dispersal Rocket Turret instead 😄 ?

Well, maybe not all can stop on a dime, the Igazra is one example. I thought it be an ideal for warships in the Crescent even though they're faster than others in the other parts of the galaxy, not to mention you may have some ships that you have set for stand-off attack and some small vessel or fighter tries to overrun them or something.

Quick question: Didn't it take 400 frames for the Azdara to go from 0-100 in the original EVO?