Age of the Council (AotC)

I'm sure Mr. Cartwright will be working on this as much as his schedule (and inspiration) allow. Be patient.

All I want to know is if Mr C is still around, and if the project is going. If both of those are confirmed it can take whatever time is needed.

He's almost certainly still around, but probably too busy to talk right now. Give the man breathing space, and don't worry about it.

@pipeline, on May 26 2008, 12:21 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

He's almost certainly still around, but probably too busy to talk right now. Give the man breathing space, and don't worry about it.

uh bud.....I already was

Actually, it sounded kinda like you were pestering him. Sorry if I got that wrong.

At any rate, Peter spends months (sometimes years) absent from the boards. He'll be back when he's back.

Well I just checked his most recent posts and he had a few in May including the latest from the 31st. I'm HOPING he sees this and just, if nothing else, makes a comment that everything is still a go and in progress.

That's all I ask.

@pipeline, on May 27 2008, 07:44 AM, said in Age of the Council (AotC):

Actually, it sounded kinda like you were pestering him. Sorry if I got that wrong.

At any rate, Peter spends months (sometimes years) absent from the boards. He'll be back when he's back.

"But you mus'nt press him... after all, he's not a tame lion..." -- Mr. Tumnus, Narnia

Override inspired my writing career. Go AotC! (if i can help, yell!)

Hell for good measure I will also voice my support, if nothing else, just to get PAC to come in here.

Hmm... 8 months since the last post, almost 2 years since Aotc's last mention by Pac. I think I started reading into this a little too late. 😞

I give full support though, the story behind it is simply amazing, maybe even better than Override's!

I'm glad you've decided to keep the overall feel of the original game, instead of Nova's new look.

How do you know he hasn't finished step 1 and already sent out the basic build secretly to a select few developers? I suppose he wouldn't want any secrets to get out about the game and the developers were told not to mention anything about it. 😉

(if dreams came true... :))

This post has been edited by EV Wolf : 01 March 2009 - 10:52 PM

And if wishes were horses we'd all be eating steak. :laugh:

QUOTE (Archon @ Mar 2 2009, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...if wishes were horses...

I never understood that statement... :huh:

I just hope that he doesn't just abandon it all together. If he decides that, he should just hand it off to another developer to watch over and work on. I'm sure Pac has given enough post-story in his other thread to be able to get the general idea of what the game should be.

This post has been edited by EV Wolf : 02 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

I've not grave-digging, I'm keeping a legend alive!

LONG LIVE PETER CARTWRIGHT, EVO, AND AotC!!

Peter Cartwright is no longer developing AotC.

Oh, darn. I was really looking forward to playing that. Does anyone have access to what Peter Cartwright did finish? As long as I can get help in the graphics and sound department, I'd gladly finish the coding in his name.

Is there a topic somewhere I missed that tells about Mr. Cartwright stopping development?

QUOTE (darthkev @ Dec 17 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh, darn. I was really looking forward to playing that.

You are not alone.

Does anyone have access to what Peter Cartwright did finish?

Yes.

As long as I can get help in the graphics and sound department, I'd gladly finish the coding in his name.

Duly noted.

Is there a topic somewhere I missed that tells about Mr. Cartwright stopping development?

No.

QUOTE (Qaanol @ Dec 17 2009, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are not alone.

I know that.

Yes.

Who has access and how do I contact them?

Duly noted.

I'm sure I'm not alone in this department, either.

No.

Well why not? And if there wasn't, how do you know?

QUOTE (darthkev @ Dec 17 2009, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well why not? And if there wasn't, how do you know?

Because Qaanol knows his s###.

I suppose that's true. He is Qaanol, after all.

On another note, how have you been, Archon? Thanks again for letting me use your graphics from Anathema.
(highlight to read -->) I'm turning the Titan into an Earth Baseship equipped with a planet destruction beam weapon. No name for it yet, though. Not sure what to do with the rest yet, if at all, except put your ship in there as your personal pers craft.

This post has been edited by darthkev : 18 December 2009 - 01:17 AM

Why would pac start this and never give mention of a hiccup or a cancellation.