EV Noir

The concept is cool. Too bad the plot synopsis isn't up, and can the graphics be uploaded to photobucket or something, so I can get a peek?

You'd have to talk to Hamster, he has all of them.

I'd prefer keeping the graphics access limited to the Noir development team, but yes, they are online.

Yay EV Noir!

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD.

I need to get back into this. Now that Hamster is near Seattle, we can have like, a whole development team and like, snuggle parties*and stuff.

*WHERE WE WORK ON THIS PROJECT, NOT ANYTHING ELSE.

Great, Noir isn't dead. That means I can continue work on it now.

You know, it's funny. I started writing a storyline over a year and a half ago, and as I play Arpia 2, there seem to be a lot of similarities in some of the things. I just figured I'd mention that so if Noir gets finished, you people don't think I ripped off Pace.

I was also thinking this. Funny.

It is incredibly reassuring to see a bunch of the old team members popping up again. I have left the bulk of the project control in poofy's hands until I can commit myself more fully into leading development again, but things are looking very good for project resurgance. 🙂

Viva Noir!

I feel tempted to change all the Nova graphics to grayscale to see what it would look like. Might be cool, actually.

@lord-rama, on Feb 19 2007, 02:09 AM, said in EV Noir:

I feel tempted to change all the Nova graphics to grayscale to see what it would look like. Might be cool, actually.

Just go into System Preferences to Accessibility Controls. Check the box that says something about Greyscale and hit command + control + option + 8.

@eegras-studios, on Feb 19 2007, 04:46 AM, said in EV Noir:

Just go into System Preferences to Accessibility Controls. Check the box that says something about Greyscale and hit command + control + option + 8.

Thanks. Saved me a lot of trouble. 😄

So I hear there was a meeting of the minds in person, eh? Always nice to hear of plug-ins bringing people together :).

@eegras-studios, on Feb 19 2007, 04:46 AM, said in EV Noir:

Actually I just tried that and it made all the graphics look ugly and grainy. Oh well. 😞

On second though, maybe I don't have to change everything. I could make it like Sin City, with mostly everything in greyscale, except certain parts in color. Like, colored explosions and engine glows for certain ships, and colored aliens too. Awesome!

Lord Rama said:

Actually I just tried that and it made all the graphics look ugly and grainy. Oh well. 😞

On second though, maybe I don't have to change everything. I could make it like Sin City, with mostly everything in greyscale, except certain parts in color. Like, colored explosions and engine glows for certain ships, and colored aliens too. Awesome!

Hey... stop stealing our plug-in ideas.

hehe, just kidding.

seriously though...

Wow... I was sure this had gone vapor. Glad to see I was wrong!

Hey, a thought. For theme music, how about the theme to the old Perry Mason show? That music always had a very film noir feel to it for me.

We already have theme music. 😛

It was just a thought. I figure the best way to help a TC or any decent sized EV modding project be completed is to try to help some, rather than nag.

Just to let you know, I didn't realize that this thread was ressed from the dead, so I tried to register to see if that would allow me to see dem precious images.

'Course, NOW I know they're only for team members! You snooty snootkums!

=P

This post has been edited by Phyvo : 03 March 2007 - 05:09 PM