KFL progress log (public)

FWIW

As it is now the venue, it seems, the EVDC, in the wake of the fall of EV-Nova.nets' forums, in which to post progress logs, I shall initiate this one for KFL (if only to account myself and properly motivate).

Pre-release of installment 1 is standing at 80% complete minus landing shot graphics (to be culled from public domain sources). Misn desc writing complete, misn resources 75% (approx.). Initial starting portion of the map to be included is at 95% minus consistency checking versus rest of galaxy map and the novel. Ships and other graphics are at 99% (minus one roid and probably some scaling to make the, well, scale work right), ship/shans in-game, needing ship balancing. Outf/rank etc 80%.

I am tenuously planning to have installment one done by the end of this year: little needs to be done to cause this to happen so I am going to be as diligent as possible.

Obligatory screenshots, probably nothing new here.

Posted Image
Khem, Sennut and K ships of the line around the planet Ma'at.
Posted Image
Probably a graphic that needs replacing...
Posted Image
Sasmut blowing something offscreen up.
Posted Image
More K ships of the line and my test Tcha orbiting Ma'at.
Posted Image
My Tcha and a Sekhitu.
Posted Image
Probably destroyed my frame rate here...

Great to see you've started working on it again and posting around here. I look forward to the eventual release. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fantastic, rmx! It's been a long haul -- congratulations on getting as far as you have. Check in on SFA sometime... but if you are giving this priority right now, that's completely understandable.

Impressive.

Nice to know some things never die.

Nice.

Nice graphics you have there, rmx. I'm just wondering, what is KFL? I had never heard of it before.

Agreed, your graphics always look so interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

KFL was cancelled for quite some time as rmx and the team helping him broke up after real life began taking most of his time (at least, that's how I remember it. Rik, correct me if I'm wrong?). It only began making public reappearances not long ago, so it's no surprise you haven't heard of it - development previously ended well before you ever joined.

Well done on restarting work rmx, those graphics look really good.

I remember seeing some of this stuff in the gallery from way back when. I was hoping you'd re-start this. Great stuff, looking forward to a release.

I stopped for a number of reasons, many of which are private. The most important, and the one that has 'you got served!' me, is that I thought that Nova was probably going to be well dead and in the grave by the time I was finished with this as a total conversion. I figured that being the case, I would concentrate on converting the over-ambitious plot (another bone to pick) into a novel (which is coming along quite nicely, though not as fast as I would like). As earlier referenced, I felt that the plot, which I had invested a great deal of time into research and implementation, would not appeal to what I perceived the general Nova player wanted (which, to me, at the time, seemed to be less reading and flying from point a to point b and more random blowing stuff up in uber 1337 ships and whatnot- exactly what I was not interested in completing).

In the last nine months or so, I have had a sudden explosion of free time and sort of started messing around with the K, after not doing so in quite some time. Finally, when other TCs were recently released to rather enthusiastic receptionsย— excepting the complaint that there was not enough plot, if I may paraphrase my impression and summation of relevant discussionย— I figured that there would be a 'market,' as it were, for a plot-heavy, not necessarily combat oriented total conversion. I enjoy the act of creation more than the idea of someone going around in uber 1337 ships wrecking havoc on something that I have poured years into, and I have time to kill on creation, at least hopefully enough to shove this out the door, considering how close it could be if I dropped some of my over-ambitious ideas and concentrated on doing what I do best, which is creating a bunch of convoluted crap ๐Ÿ˜‰ I have nothing really pressing to do until my vines go in the ground next spring anyway, so KFL can be my priority number three ๐Ÿ˜„

Looks great. ๐Ÿ˜„

Need any story writers?

He's completed the mission descriptions, Geek. ๐Ÿ˜‰

rmx, that's what I thought it'd been. At least you've returned anew. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Jaw, meet floor. Floor, meet jaw.

Bloody. Frigging. Awesome. That is all.

So, what is KFL, rmx? I so desperately wish to play this...

Keep at it, sir! ๐Ÿ™‚

@warlord-mike, on Jun 26 2008, 01:59 PM, said in KFL progress log (public):

So, what is KFL, rmx?

KFL is (or is the descendant of) Kemet. It's the Egypt-inspired TC that rmx has been working on, on and off, for quite a few years now. If you want more on the course of its development, search.

Thank you for bringing that outdated page to my attention, Dr. Trowel. It was completely misleading and out of date.

There will be no real serious webpage for this until it is done. I am not going to let that crap distract me again! Too much maintenance and no-funitude, especially since I can't host it on my own computer anymore and my ISP does not offer sufficient hosting space for free.

Thank you, Geek, but writers are the last thing that I would need. Most everything is written. Graphics are done. I need to bug-hunt and get the strings working right and we'll go from there.

Will tycho's ships still appear in the game? Those were amazing and had such a great minimalist style that made them really stand out as terran (?) ships as opposed to the stylistically organic egyptian stuff.

edit: man it's as awesome as I remembered it: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...=si&img=483

This post has been edited by Anax : 26 June 2008 - 02:48 PM

OMG! WTF! THATS JUST AMAZING!

i sound like some noob who wants to complement some TC maker. and i am truly sorry for my outbreak.
that is really nice.

@anax, on Jun 26 2008, 02:39 PM, said in KFL progress log (public):

Will tycho's ships still appear in the game? Those were amazing and had such a great minimalist style that made them really stand out as terran (?) ships as opposed to the stylistically organic egyptian stuff.

edit: man it's as awesome as I remembered it: http://www.ambrosiasw.com/forums/index.php...=si&img=483

I have to say that one of the worst consequences of how that all went down is the fact that Tycho's work will not be included. We hardly speak at all these days at all and I cannot help but to believe that how the initial incarnation of this TC went down had the greatest part to do with that. ๐Ÿ˜ž