Pirate Dragon

@nonconventionally-creative, on Aug 8 2008, 06:24 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Why import or export? Just copy and paste to the new file.

Uh. But I want to photoshop some changes. >_>

Oh, then just open the resource in EVNEW and export the image.

Well, sheesh. I didn't see that file menu there. lol >_<

Very well, men. I deem this fit for a first release. I've been hard at work this last day, hope you like it. Note that this is made to work with ShipVariants. It will work just fine without though.

Download link. (secondary mirror)
Converter for those of you who have MacNova.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 09 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

Nice job there, Etherguard. I'm impressed with it. It'd be a good addition to the Add-ons page. You Photoshopped the pictures yourself?

This post has been edited by king_of_manticores : 09 August 2008 - 12:12 PM

That's nifty, Etherguard. Good work on the descriptions. I second KOM's sentiment.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 9 2008, 07:12 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Nice job there, Etherguard. I'm impressed with it. It'd be a good addition to the Add-ons page. You Photoshopped the pictures yourself?

Yeah, I did. I'm not too good with the thing unfortunately, and I made three versions of the pics before I found them adequate. At any rate, I hope you liked them better.

I just need to add a readme.

Another thing to note, I tried to incorporate the Shields mod but the results weren't to my liking as there wasn't a pirate shield size that fit the ship.

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 09 August 2008 - 12:44 PM

@etherguard, on Aug 9 2008, 10:42 AM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Another thing to note, I tried to incorporate the Shields mod but the results weren't to my liking as there wasn't a pirate shield size that fit the ship.

True. The best shield bubble for the Pirate Dragon is 105 pixels. You can't shrink it in Photoshop, right?

Try this:
http://www.zshare.ne...785837ae744cae/

Had to B&W the rebel dragon bubble for it to work.

If you guys give this a green light I'll upload it.

It's about time someone made a ship better than the Raven.

I've experienced no bugs with it so far, and is now my favorite ship in EVN. so:
Posted Image

It's... Better than the Raven? 😮

Thanks... I guess?

To think that I was comparing the Hunter Seeker version to the Blockade Runner pirate argosy yesterday... :huh:

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 09 August 2008 - 08:02 PM

@etherguard, on Aug 9 2008, 07:27 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

It's... Better than the Raven? 😮

Well I think my Battlecruiser, now that it's fully tricked out, has more armor than a Fed carrier, and can kill any ship with ease from any range. And I love the Monty Python technique.

@etherguard, on Aug 9 2008, 07:27 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

To think that I was comparing the Hunter Seeker version to the Blockade Runner pirate argosy yesterday... :huh:

That is wrong. While it is a blockade-runnery type ship, it outshines the Argosy in every way. (Maybe not the amount of weapons, but it doesn't matter since the Pirate dragon has an Ionizing Bio-Relay)

Um... I think that the PBRL does a little more damage to the shields of a ship than I expected. Does ionization do damage to shields alone without the help of anything else? I thought that the laser was overpowering. I could kill a Manticore in less than 2 seconds :blink:

@kingofvwcosmos, on Aug 9 2008, 06:52 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Well I think my Battlecruiser, now that it's fully tricked out, has more armor than a Fed carrier, and can kill any ship with ease from any range. And I love the Monty Python technique.

A Federation Carrier has 1,000 armor. How did you get it past that? It only has 350 armor. :huh:

@kingofvwcosmos, on Aug 10 2008, 03:52 AM, said in Pirate Dragon:

That is wrong. While it is a blockade-runnery type ship, it outshines the Argosy in every way. (Maybe not the amount of weapons, but it doesn't matter since the Pirate dragon has an Ionizing Bio-Relay)

Um... I think that the PBRL does a little more damage to the shields of a ship than I expected. Does ionization do damage to shields alone without the help of anything else? I thought that the laser was overpowering. I could kill a Manticore in less than 2 seconds :blink:

Uhm, the PBRL deals less damage overall than the standard BRL. >_> But yes, I think I'll tone it down a bit, you may be right that the ionization adds to shield damage.

And well, the ship is better, overall, than the Blockade Runner Argosy, I won't argue that point. But then, it costs several times as much.

@king_of_manticores, on Aug 9 2008, 10:58 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

A Federation Carrier has 1,000 armor. How did you get it past that? It only has 350 armor. :huh:

4 matrix steels and 4 spun diamonds and 4 carbon fibers

I did say I think it has more. Not sure though

@kingofvwcosmos, on Aug 10 2008, 04:18 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

4 matrix steels and 4 spun diamonds and 4 carbon fibers

I did say I think it has more. Not sure though

Your thinking is flawed, however, as ANY ship can do that, and if you take a carrier and do it then the difference in armor will be back to square one.

Anyway, here's 1.1. download

This post has been edited by Etherguard : 10 August 2008 - 11:37 AM

Well... Anyone else? What do you think? Opions, constructive criticism please.

@etherguard, on Aug 11 2008, 03:23 PM, said in Pirate Dragon:

Well... Anyone else? What do you think? Opions, constructive criticism please.

Good work. I think it's ready for uploading onto the addons page. 🙂